Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 67
Photo of Jon Turner
KPA500, 6xxx, and 10.8 beta
Has anyone set up a KPA500, 6x00 and 10.8 beta? Experience, set-up and cabling? Jon/WW6ZZ
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
QST Review Comparing the ANAN To Flex-6x00 Radio
My letter to the editor and writer of QST October 2015 edition. Hi Martin(AA6E), Regarding: QST October 2015 Edition Product: Apache La...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
Squelch for All Modes?
With the advent of 1.4 and FM being added to the 6000 series, I assume that squelch will be offered.  My hope is that the squelch functio...
  • 17 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
How to Build a Quiet Station
Here’s a link to PowerPoint “How to Build a Quiet Station V2.pptx” in my Dropbox for a talk I gave at the San Diego DX ca club in July. ...
  • 10 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Larry - WA7LZO
SeaPac 2017 - Pics of 6600M and PG XL
I'll take one of each, please! Br, Larry WA7LZO
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Walt
Ver 2 features question
It seems many others are already doing WAN connections - some from Paris, some connecting to their vacation homes, with software already ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - VE5KC
Unhandled Error on Shut Down SmartSDR 1.4
Unhandled Error error with SmartSDR v1.4. ------------------------------------------------------------ When trying to shutting down Smar...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Stu Phillips - K6TU
dogparkSDR - MAC OS/X client for FlexRadio 6000 series
For those who have not seen it, DogPark Software, the authors of MacLogger DX, MacLogger DX HD (iPad logger) and MacDoppler have relea...
  • 10 me toos
  • 50 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rob Fissel
SSDR 1.8.3 DAX Issue
Just reporting a bug. Upgraded from 1.6.21 to 1.8.3. Even with DAX enabled as it is in all of my digital profiles for DIGU, TX in any dig...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Greg - KØGDI
Paying extra for updates to multiple Flex radios.
I plan on owning two 6300's and either a 6500 or 6700, so a total of three units.  Will I have to pay $200 per radio or will there be som...
  • 3 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DrTeeth
WriteLog
I was looking at the WriteLog program, and as well as being a capable contest logging program, it also struck me that it would be useful ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of adrian miura
RMS Express and SmartSDR CAT
Tried using the "Configuring WinLink RMS Express with the FLEX-6000 and SmartSDR" but could not get the radio to keyup without using VOX....
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W7NGA
FLEX 6000 setup with Surface Pro 4 remote ...
How about a video on just how painless easy it is to run SSDR remotely using the new Windows 10 and a brand spanking new Microsoft Surf...
  • 3 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of WW1SS - Steve
Alaska Emergency Frequency
Going to Alaska this summer in the RV. Can the Flex 6500 be programmed with a different turf file or what ever they use to transmit on th...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter K1PGV
If You Haven't Tried the API Yet...
.. and you're hesitating because there's no written documentation, and the CAT sample is sort of wonky and complicated... ...well, that'...
  • 4 me toos
  • 28 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Dick / KC9YRA
Anyone else having trouble retaining the Calibration Offset Value?
Anyone else having trouble retaining the Calibration Offset Value on a Flex 6500 (No GPS) with SSDR 1.6.17.  My offset value is -1189 @...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
RTTY Roundup 2016
Over the weekend I dabbled in the RTTY Roundup with my Flex 6700. I really like the RTTY mode. I locked my decoder software at 2210 Hz an...
  • 4 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve K9ZW
Perhaps a Dedicated Satellite version of the Flex-6000?
Folks here I am not speaking from experience as the idea germinated while indulging the interest in doing satellite work that of one of m...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Tim - W4TME
FLASH SALE: Certified Pre-Owned FLEX-6300s
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve K9ZW
Perhaps a separate by paid subscription Tech's Community?
Perhaps FRS would consider offering a separate forum using full identities/callsigns for the seriously interested on a paid subscription ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned