Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 57
Photo of Steve W4YHD
Add an NCDXF Beacon monitor function into SmartSDR
The NCDXF runs a group of HF beacon transmitters strategically located around the world, transmitting at specific time slots at various p...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of William Hemmingsen
Android App
I started working on a Android App to go alongside my CMD micro.  I wanted a few additional feature at hands reach without having to use ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 74 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of N5LB - Lionel
Unused fans for 6300
I purchased these spare fans from Dobrowansky last year. They are no longer needed. Still in the box. $50 shipped conus. N5LB@outlook.com
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Dale KB5VE
If you want the ability to fill in the pan display please come and show flex you want it. This is just those who want it.
As I understand it Flex responds to numbers. If a person doesn't want the fill in option then if it appears they just don't have to use i...
  • 42 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Jim  KJ7S
Graphic Panadapter Background(s)
This is one that has always been (well, almost) available to the PSDR (legacy) radios. The ability to place a favorite graphic in the pan...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of William Hemmingsen
Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000
I wrote an application in the Processing IDE to interface the Behringer CMD Micro with the flex 6000 series radios.  The program utilizes...
  • 12 me toos
  • 72 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS
Solar Eclipse Preparation
The solar eclipse coming up on 21 August 2017 will cut clear across the US. I'll be visiting friends near Salem, Oregon in an excellent l...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Paul Burton
I'm A Bit Disappointed in V2.0
I would preface this post by saying I'm very happy with my Flex 6300 and how it performs. I wouldn't trade it for any current superhet o...
  • 12 me toos
  • 31 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jim, KJ3P
Checking for Hidden or Ghosted COM Ports
I'm not sure whether Hidden or Ghosted COM ports still crop up occasionally, but I still take a look before I make any COM port changes a...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of John G3WGV
Some thoughts on SDRs and residual values
With the launch of the new Flex radios there has been much discussion about what this does to second hand values for the discontinued mod...
  • 3 me toos
  • 25 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Enhancement to let you drag a panadapter to another monitor.
With the addition of the waterfall, the screen real estate is filling up quickly when running multiple panadapters.   Even with 3 or 4 an...
  • 68 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of JAMES WILSON
As SSDR v. 1.xxxx transitions to v.2xxxx
There should be no SSDR v.2.xxxx untill ALL Features, Firmware and   Software are working 100% as originally described Including all Tech...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Simon Lewis
Experiences and Ideas - Building a small form PC for dedicated Flex use as part of a new shack design
I am currently building a new house after buying some land last year to move us further away from Christchurch which is experiencing a sh...
  • 4 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Martin Ewing AA6E
Obsolescence! (Phone jacks)
The news today (from Apple) is that the 1/8" headphone jack is dead. Maestro designers take note.  Bluetooth is needed. I won't say anyt...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Gary L. Robinson
BandInfo ver. 1.07 available ...
I have created a small client that connects along with SmartSDR that displays band information in a wide rectangular windows that does no...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of DrTeeth
My worst nightmare has come true
My worst nightmare has come true. I have been putting it off for as long as possible, but earlier this week I had to cave in...and swit...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
Ham Nation Reviews the Icom 7300
As I watch the new Ham Nation. Bob Heil is loosing his mind over the new Icom 7300.  I can understand his excitement over getting a "game...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
Arduino Library and examples
Hello, while I am writing my homebrew Arduino Controller code, I realized that I could share the basic part of my code for Band Data an...
  • 10 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Tim - W4TME
SmartSDR 1.6 Software User's Guide - a sneak peek
Since the response to releasing the update SmartSDR CAT manual was so positive, we are providing early access to the SmartSDR Software Us...
  • 6 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Dream Station; Let's Pretend
When I was a kid, like many of us, I started out with a home brew transmitter and a surplus receiver.  I used to daydream of having a per...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea