Conversations

Conversations 121 - 140 of 375
Photo of Leroy, KG3U
Will it hurt my 6500 to run it without a mic?
I do not have a proper antenna or mic for my 6500 yet and would like to start setting it up and do some monitoring. Will it hurt the radi...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Takeshi Yamada
What can w e expect with SSDR v1.7 and 1.8 ?
Maestro and SSDR v1.7 look very near to launch.  So, what can we expect from SSDR v1.7 and subsequent v1.8?  
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lee Maisel
meandering signal
I have always wondered what these meandering signals were, anyone know?
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Cal Spreitzer
Flex 6300 Transmit Audio Issues
I'm not sure if this is a transmit problem with my Flex-6300?    I've only owned the radio for two months now so I'm a newbie when it com...
  • 3 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Kg5dwx
Fantastic service from Flex service group
Two weeks ago, my house received a lightning strike, all 3 radios (one Flex 6500) were damaged. I contacted Flex (I live in Austin) and a...
  • 7 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ron Parsons
Removed SmartCAT serial ports remain as hidden ports
If I remove CAT FlexVSP ports created with SmartCAT 1.6.17, they remain in the Device Manager Ports list. They disappear after a restart,...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DrTeeth
Omnirig ini files
Which rig does one select for using with Omnirig? The latest SmartSDR ini file is dated 13th Dec 2014. Does it need an update? Currently,...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K0GGC
Has the transmit problem with the 6300 under SSDR 1.6 been fixed?
I am new to the flex radio and I was wondering if the 6300 "dirty transmit issue" had been fixed with SSDR 1.6. Also how do I tell if my...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
Arduino Library and examples
Hello, while I am writing my homebrew Arduino Controller code, I realized that I could share the basic part of my code for Band Data an...
  • 10 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of DrTeeth
Radio History Site
I have just come across this site http://www.americanradiohistory.com/ on a ham news group. It is an amazing archive of radio history. I...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Burt Fisher
No power 10 meters only
With antenna one selected there is no power out only on ten meters, all other bands OK.
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Scott - WM7C
powerline adapter (extend Ethernet)
Is anyone using a powerline adapter to extend Ethernet to their shack?  If so, do you see any noise associated with these?  Any other iss...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
DXCC...Check! Whoo Hoo!
I Did It!  I received the 100th confirmation for DXCC via LOTW this afternoon! I may never have gotten motivated to do this without the ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Drax
Apache Labs ANAN-200D a competitor?
How does this thing stack up to the Flex 6000 series?  A real competitor?  It uses the PowerSDR base though. https://apache-labs.com/al-...
  • 2 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Question
Photo of David (AA9G)
RadioSport head set won't PTT my 6300
Hi,When I had a 5000 I bought a Radio Sport head set/boom w M207mic for it and it worked FB.  Have now a 6300 and the pinout's are the sa...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
How to remove old Flex Virtual Serial Ports (Fabulatec)
Hello OM:s I have tried to remove previous Virtual COM ports from CAT SDR and they no longer are shown on the device manager. Even when l...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Help! All my skimmer spots are 1400 Hz off frequency.
Using N1MM+ and SKimmer/Skimmer server with SDR Bridge. I must have something set wrong because all of my spots in the SKimmer and N1MM+ ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Beppe IK3VIG
Smart S-meter v1.6 available
Hi, new S-meter for SmartSDR v1.6 is available for free download at: http://woodboxradio.com/freeware.html Thanks to new CAT you can ru...
  • 13 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Praise
Photo of M0GVZ
For the attention of Flex - Icom Lies
Icom are making some completely false statements in their Icom 7300 brochure. From http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7300...
  • 1 me too
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W5UN_Dave
Quit Muting The Audio Automatically, I'll Do That
When I add a new slice (as with split operation) the audio is muted in one or the other slices, and sometimes both. I find this very aggr...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved