Conversations

Conversations 81 - 100 of 375
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Lightning strike at NM9P
Not a problem (Yet) and not exactly a question, nor a praise...just a life event... I didn't even know it was raining. Dee opened the ba...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
Photo of kjave63@yahoo.com
I need recommendation on a good logging software program that will work with smart SDR
I currently have a full license copy of Him Radio Deluxe but unless I run DDUTIL it doesn't run properly and I would rather not run DDUT...
  • 1 me too
  • 18 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gastonet
So you are in Argentina? There's no TURF file for you. Screw you.
Asked for a TURF file for Argentina (where I leave), offered to help on create one using local regulations and I get this answer for the ...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM
Flex in CQWW RTTY
What do the stations K9CT, NR4M, CR3W, and 4O10A have in common? Yes they are all well known big gun contest superstations.  Ok.  but wh...
  • 13 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of YV5WZ
As a newbie on CW...I will buy my first key for my Flex...
As a newbie on CW...I will buy my first one key for my Flex... Thinking in https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/vib-iambic-g However I wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
Recommendations for amplifiers, antenna/tower, etc. with SmartSDR for remote operation via screen sharing
It's been 45 years since I first had my General license when I was 13, so I clearly have a lot of catching up to do... and certainly appr...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark - WS7M
6300 Arrived today! All setup and running!
After selling my 6500 to a loving ham who will likely take it to the far reaches of the world... I downgraded to a 6300 that arrived toda...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Simon Lewis
Experiences and Ideas - Building a small form PC for dedicated Flex use as part of a new shack design
I am currently building a new house after buying some land last year to move us further away from Christchurch which is experiencing a sh...
  • 4 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Martin Ewing AA6E
Obsolescence! (Phone jacks)
The news today (from Apple) is that the 1/8" headphone jack is dead. Maestro designers take note.  Bluetooth is needed. I won't say anyt...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
Earned Bragging Rights -Flex-6700
I am back on the air under the HOA/CC&R and a hidden 20 meter dipole (had a paid climber do the honor of installing it:) pointing north s...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Gary L. Robinson
BandInfo ver. 1.07 available ...
I have created a small client that connects along with SmartSDR that displays band information in a wide rectangular windows that does no...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of VE7ATJ
sensitivity spec not published
Most other radios publish a sensitivity spec -- usually in the range of .2uV or below for the HF bands.  I notice on the spec sheets for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mike, W8BE
SmartSDR RF Tracking notch
Just wanted to say that the RF Tracking notch is the cats meow for eliminating carrier QRM.   I just wish now I could turn it on and adju...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve W6SDM
No Sidetone
Now this is embarrassing because I am sure that I did something stupid.  All of a sudden, I don't have any side tone on CW.  There was a ...
  • Steve W6SDM, 2 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark - W3II
Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility
I have spent countless hours enjoying my Flex-6500. To improve my operating proficiency I have written a utility to track my most recentl...
  • 25 me toos
  • 44 replies
  • Praise
Photo of John K6VFR
HELP! Flex 6300 will not transmit...
Pretty weird. New to 6300 which has been great, no problems., so I think this must be me, but I am stumped. Receive great, no problem. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rob Blackie
power button fell off 6300, Flex cutting corners
MY power button fell off  for no reason..I have seen this happen a lot on this forum, for a 2 grand radio (entry level model) they are  r...
  • 1 me too
  • 29 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
Special Event Station Success via Remote Maestro
This weekend, my 6300 was the main Phone station for the National World War One Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, MO.  This museum cont...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Bill - K7UOP
old SmartSDR uninstall msg missing
Getting ready for Windows 10 and uninstalling all versions of SmartSDR and it's components. I have 3 old versions that will NOT uninstall...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
13 Colonies Event
This was my 8th year in a row participating in the 13 Colonies Special event surrounding the United States Independence Day.  I was able ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise