Conversations

Photo of Steve W6SDM
SmartSDR - There are currently no radios available
Recently, I had to replace a hard drive in my computer because it ran out of space and Windows wouldn't update.  I installed a brand new ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
SSDR Version 2.3.7 and Log4OM for Spots
Is anyone using Log4OM's cluster to generate spots on 2.3.7?  I have spots enabled but not sure what else I need to do.
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Can PowerSDR and Smart SDR Coexist on the Same Computer?
I am helping a friend who is trying to switch between his Flex 3000 and Flex 6300.  Both will work fine if he switches between SmartSDR a...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve W6SDM
PstRotatorAz, Log4OM, and Flex 6XXX integration
I have been using Log4OM with my Flex 6300 via OmniRig and it works great.  Recently, I got an MDS RC-1Y antenna controller and bought Ps...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
No Sidetone
Now this is embarrassing because I am sure that I did something stupid.  All of a sudden, I don't have any side tone on CW.  There was a ...
  • Steve W6SDM, 2 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
N1MM+ Logger and SSDR 1.6x Setup
Has anyone set up N1MM+ with the revised CAT?  I've done a complete reinstall of both SSDR and N1MM+ because I was having CW keying issues.
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Dream Station; Let's Pretend
When I was a kid, like many of us, I started out with a home brew transmitter and a surplus receiver.  I used to daydream of having a per...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Great Experience with Factory Repair
Recently, I had to send my 6300 into the factory.  The finals decided to quit putting out power.  Since I don't presently have a "backup"...
  • 4 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Flex 6300 - no power out
I have a Flex 6300 running Windows 7, an LP-100 watt meter, KPA500/KAT500 Elecraft tuner amp combo.  I am reading no power output on the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Mother of All Knob Radios!
Has anyone checked the cover of the latest QST?  There are more knobs, buttons, lights, and switches on that rig than they have on a whol...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Can't get audio on laptop
I am using a Win 7 laptop and a 6300.  Everything seems to be okay with 1.4 except that I can't hear audio at the laptop through the spea...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Places where you shouldn't work remote LAN with SSDR version 1.4
Okay, we're all waiting for the day when we can abandon our musty little corner of the basement where, up to now, we have had to hang out...
  • 3 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve W6SDM
2014 CW WW DX CW Contest
Who else worked the contest this weekend?  I didn't get to glue myself to the key because we had company over and the XYL takes a very di...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Strange noise occurance
I am in a very rural location and have done most everything to keep the station quiet.  I use an isolation transformer on the AC, and mos...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Anyone Using the PC Mixer to Monitor your Transmit Audio?
I miss being able to listen to my transmitted audio from my Flex 5000 days.  I am using a VK-64 voice keyer and would like to hear the ou...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
QSX/Breakin - I must have done something wrong!
Everything's been working great on my 6300 - I have had hundreds of CW contacts.  I don't know what I changed, but I can't seem to get th...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Cross Contry Wireless Throwing in the Towel on Sentry SDR
For those following the Amateur SDR industry, a post on QRZ.com reads: After three long years development work resulting in a working ...
  • Steve W6SDM, 4 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Batch Files, Anyone?
Whenever I start the computer/radio, there are about a dozen things that I bring up.  Of course, SSDR, the utilities that monitor and pro...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Are CAT and DAX four letter words?
Tonight I had to delete all of the virtual ports and then re-install them to get them to work.  CAT was okay on COM4, but anything going ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
Things that fake me out in SmartSDR
Okay, I know I am a noob with less than a month under my Flex 6300 belt.  However, two things continue to fake me out and make me look al...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered