Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 375
Photo of Jean Drolet
windows 10
I have a problem ... following a new installation of windows 10 if I install the SmartSDR version 2.0.19 at reboot Windows 10 does not wo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Rory - N6OIL
You need to pay this guy! K0CN
Ok I hope FRS has Al K0CN on their payroll because his latest YouTube video is really awesome. I thought I knew what all the filters did ...
  • 7 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve N4LQ
Keeping the 6300 quiet and cool
I bought this laptop cooler at Big Lots for $10 and sat the 6300 on it. The case temp dropped 5 degrees and the internal fan never kicks ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Al Reeves
Microphone Recommendation
I  recently purchased a Flex 6300 and I'm looking for recommendations from others as to the best microphone to use.  I have tried the Hei...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve W6SDM
SmartSDR - There are currently no radios available
Recently, I had to replace a hard drive in my computer because it ran out of space and Windows wouldn't update.  I installed a brand new ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W4YHD
Add an NCDXF Beacon monitor function into SmartSDR
The NCDXF runs a group of HF beacon transmitters strategically located around the world, transmitting at specific time slots at various p...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of William Hemmingsen
Android App
I started working on a Android App to go alongside my CMD micro.  I wanted a few additional feature at hands reach without having to use ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 74 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Bill English
Cluster Program
Does anyone know of a Cluster program which will send the spots to the Flex? My current logger won't do it and I really don't want to run...
  • 3 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W6SDM
SSDR Version 2.3.7 and Log4OM for Spots
Is anyone using Log4OM's cluster to generate spots on 2.3.7?  I have spots enabled but not sure what else I need to do.
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Steve K9ZW
Put Yourself in the Other Guy's Shoes - And it Should Never Be Personal
Put Yourself in the Other Guy's Shoes - And it Should Never Be Personal  Have noticed a couple problem threads again where needlessly...
  • 12 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve - N5AC
GLASS Update (FLEX-6700 on ISS)
In conjunction with CASIS, JAMSS America and Flexitech, LLC, two 6700s were launched to the ISS on 7/18/16.  The project was installed sh...
  • 8 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DK1EY
How to: Setup N1MM+ for keying the Flex 6X00 via CWX
It just took a moment to set keying my Flex 6300 via N1MM+. If somebody is intersted, here you go: Start N1MM+. Open the CW Message E...
  • 10 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mike va3mw
Congrats to TI7W/N4YDU - ARRL DX CW Contest
Based on the early results from Nate N4YDU operating at TI7W as a Single Operator All Band, he did a awesome job in this contest.   His ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Lee Perry
How to setup log4om with smartsdr
Need guidance in setting up 6300 with Log4OM via Omnirig. Can't get Log4OM to connect
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Russell Locke
I want to hook an old Bencher key to my 6300.
In my novice days, I used the key with an MFJ electronic keyer.  It is my understanding that the 6300 (6xxx Signature series) has a built...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of N5LB - Lionel
Unused fans for 6300
I purchased these spare fans from Dobrowansky last year. They are no longer needed. Still in the box. $50 shipped conus. N5LB@outlook.com
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ria - N2RJ
WAE DX contest - raw scores
Based on raw scores, it looks like I am #1 in North America for the Worked All Europe DX contest, SOHP. This is actually the first time I...
  • 6 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Pat Eastman
Applied power to 6300
I have a question about the applied power to my 6300. Is it better to leave the 13.8VDC applied or is it OK to turn the power supply on...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
Photo of N2FA
Flex 6300 Hum on TX Monitor-No RF power and No Mic Connected
Hi, I have owned a Flex 6300 for a while. I just went from Tech to Extra so I was tuning my my mic up to embark on 20M phone. I was list...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress