Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 211
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
SSDR - AutoZeroBeat on CW click tune
Add an option to AutoZeroBeat the signal when click tuning.  This would be generally helpful and especially useful when using CwSkimmer. ...
  • 71 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Norm - W7CK
Can Button disable RCA TX1, 2 & 3
When pressing the Tune button in SmartSDR it would be nice to disable the RCA TX1, 2 and 3 ports.  This way the amplifier does not key up...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
Low noise fan optional
Hello, I would like to know, if possible, technical specifications of 6300 cooler fan (size, rpm, nominal voltage, etc). I read several ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
Mark pan adapter background with S-units
Would it be possible to add an option to have the panadapter background horizontal lines correspond to S-units?
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mark Griffin
Speakers for Flex 6000 Series
I just read the quick start guide for the Flex 6000 series. It said that one needs to connect powered speakers to the Flex radio. Is ther...
  • 3 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark - W3II
Global Hotkeys for common SmartSDR operations in FRStack
Until global hotkeys is a configurable feature in SmartSDR you can utilize FRStack to provide this functionality.FRStack 1.4.3 allows you...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Horizontal Line for AGC-T
In order to make AGC-T easier to understand and to adjust I propose that there be a temporary or optional horizontal line representing th...
  • 49 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Alan W4FBI
Frequency Display "trimmed"
Flex 6300, Win 8.1, Ver 1.38 The top ten percent of my flag frequency display is cut off. Didn't notice this in ver 1.3. Perhaps some se...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Timothy Cook
Still random "pops" and keying hiccups on CW TX (1.3)
After upgrading to 1.3 I'm still experiencing random "pops" and cw keying hiccups during CW TX. (6300) There was some hope from a engin...
  • 4 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Steve N4LQ
Low Power Output? 6300 or 6500
With  both my 6300 and 6500 they struggle to produce over 85 watts.  Using the same DC supply and watt meter my other rigs easily do 100 ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KC8P
Flex 6300 hardware revision?
Hello, I'm going to try the Flex 6300. It would be my first SDR and I would like to buy a used one. I have one offer, the owner says th...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
Photo of SV1JSO
Display problem!
Could you please explain to us why you downgrade the display resolution of panadapter with 1.3? From a solid pixel now is a pixel plus a ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
ANF Causing SSB Audio Distortion
I looked for previous messages and did not see this mentioned specifically.   When enabling the ANF (Auto Notch Filter) on the DSP menu ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of ai6re
AVLC Automatic Volume Limit Control
Auto Volume Limit Control, AVLC to allow setting the max audio you want so if listening to a weak station a strong station does not come ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Roy Laufer
Where can I find the FreeDV installer?
Is the FreeDV installer for SSDR 1.4 available anywhere? Roy, AC2GS
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W5UN_Dave
DAX not working on TX
Was working , but no more. I have tried all 3 of my digital programs and DAX TX does not work with any of them. Yes, I've checked numerou...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Steve N4LQ
NO AGC when AGC-T Properly Adjusted. See Video
Flex-6500 et al. SmartSDR 1.4.16 or any version I perceive this as a problem. Others may not. Adjusting AGC-T "properly" results in no...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Steve N4LQ
NO AGC when AGC-T Properly Adjusted. See Video
Flex-6500 et al. SmartSDR 1.4.16 or any version I perceive this as a problem. Others may not.  Adjusting AGC-T "properly" results in no...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jim Shaffer (KE5AL)
what does so2r do
I know that SO2R refers to Single Operator, 2 Receivers, but what does the SO2REnable call really do?
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Burt Fisher
Maestro Interview, details, projected date for SmartSDR 2.0
I did an interview with Graham of Flex at the Boxboro, Ma, ARRL Convention. He was excellent, plus he gave a projected date for 1.5 and 2...
  • 8 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Praise