Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 143
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
MaestroControl - the next generation FlexControl
FRS has announced that a version of the Maestro software will eventually be released that will  operate as a control surface and run conc...
  • 14 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Tutorial Video: Using Full Duplex Mode to Monitor Transmit Audio During Adjustment
This is my first Audio/Visual Tutorial on the Flex-6000 Series I hope it is helpful. If you like it, I will make more on other subjects. ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador
How-To 2m and 70cm DEMI Transverters on a 6700 & Questions
I have researched the forum for Transverter installation options/ideas and there are several threads floating around with information. It...
  • 10 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Larry - W8LLL
SPE AMPS USA
I read in another forum that SPE AMPS USA is no longer in business (not answering phones or taking orders) but there is an excellent alte...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Roy Laufer
Is there ANY software that can map hotkeys to control SSDR?
I just got an Elgato Stream Deck 15 keypad controller with multiple subdirectories accessible and each key can change its label image on ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roy Laufer
Multi-microphone switchbox being sold?
Hello, I have a number of different microphones, and I would like a simple way to switch between them for my 6700. I realize that I cou...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Roy Laufer
Any opinions/experience with the RadioSport hand operated PTT
I've written before about how much I value my RadioSport RC-60CF headset. I needed to disassemble and fix the cherry momentary switch in...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of William Hemmingsen
Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000
I wrote an application in the Processing IDE to interface the Behringer CMD Micro with the flex 6000 series radios.  The program utilizes...
  • 12 me toos
  • 72 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Roy Laufer
SmartSDR for iOS adds 'flic' capability
Hello, I just noticed that the latest, greatest iteration of SmartSDR for iOS now includes the ability to be controlled using a "flic" B...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gary L. Robinson
Flex 6300 withdrawal symptoms ...
Well,  I sent my 6300 in for repair yesterday for the dreaded "fan issue".  I could have sent it a week ago but wanted to give hurricane ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rich McCabe
Two Tone signal input ?
I recently took delivery on a Telepost LP-500.  I need to connect the two tone signal from the LP-500 to my Flex 6500. According to the ...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark Gottlieb
DEMI 70 CM TRANSVERTER PROBLEM
First let me say I already have one of the transverters from Ukraine for 2m and have no problems in either TX or RX with my FLEX 6300.  H...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of K0GGC
Does anyone know if they fixed the DStar functionality in SmartSDR v2.0?
For those that have upgraded to SmartSDR v2.0, has the DStar operability been fixed? There was a waveform bug that kept DStar from workin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Mandel
Status of 2.0 upgrades with radios that were crashing
I was wondering if anyone that was having crashes has upgraded to 2.0?    My plan is to give 2.0  a week or so before I retrieve the radi...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roy Laufer
First tiny little buglet for SSDR 2.0.17.96
Congratulations to everyone at FRS. SSDR 2.0 looks beautiful, and I will continue to bang it around and look under the hood. I will be t...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Roy Laufer
To Ring Or Not To Ring, That Is The Question?
Attention "Tech Heads"! (While we all wait for SSDR 2.0 to be "born"...) I was at a very enjoyable Hamfest this weekend over by Sussex ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Robbie - KI4TTZ
Best indoor TX antenna?
To make a long story shorter, I recently moved from a house to a townhome (probably for the next year or so till I find a new house).  I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Roy Laufer
Anyone else getting daily crashes with SSDR 1.10.8.39?
It seems like deja vu, all over again. I upgraded to SSDR 1.10.8.39 on my 6700. I found the direct USB connection for my Expert Systems ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 28 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Andy M5ZAP
Flex Lockup on 1.10.16
Hi,I had successfuly run my Flex 6500 on Previous full release 1.9.13 for a few months often leaving it running for 24 hrs without any lo...
  • 8 me toos
  • 117 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Milen KG2C
New Client Perspective
I have been following the Community here with great interest since the news about 6400 and 6600 came. At the time, I did not own a Flex r...
  • 6 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise