Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 183
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov
Noise on all bands, coming and going away
I have 6600 for about 2 months. Last 2 weeks I experience a lot of intermittent noise that affect all bands. I tried different Power Supp...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve Blankinship AG4SO
Smart Link log on screen postage stamp size
The Smart Link log in window on my Maestro is the size of a large postage stamp and can not read much less type in it, the rest of the wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mike - W8MM
Nickname Characters?
Whenever I try to use "&" or "+" in the radio nickname, those (and other) characters are removed from the string. Example:  If I type "H...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Noise
For the past week I have been getting sporadic noise on 17 and 20 meters (20 The worst).  It lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of WA2SQQ
Using my 6500 as a Frequency Counter
Need your opinion .. Working on some old radios that require PLL adjusting. It’s calling for a frequency adjustment within 25 hz. I’m no...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Doug - W5WTX
630m / 2200m using FLEX
Is anyone on 630m or 2200m using a FLEX?  Just wondering what equipment folks are using for transmitters and pros and cons of using a tra...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of K3WR - Jim
FT-8 Slice Issues - Flex 6400
While on FT-8 last evening with only slice A open on my Flex 6400, slice B unexpectedly opened on the PC monitor.  Worse yet, slice B too...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of KZ6B
Flex 6300 Works on LAN but now not on WIFI
I had the 6300 working on LAN and WIFI months ago with no problem. Recently I used the 6300 on LAN no problem, but when I went to use it ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of WA2SQQ
Profile Manager is gone
Running 2.3.9 with my 6500. Tried to select the Profile Manager, clicked on it and nothing happened. If I place my cursor on the "SDR" ic...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
dual receiver setup Flex 6500
I am attempting to set up the dual receivers on my 6500 so one antenna will point at ANT1 Tx1 and the other to be setup for ANT2 Tx2. If ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of wb7ond
10M and 6M SSB audio "warbling"
Due to the latest 10 and 6M band openings, it is the first time I tried ssb. I am having "warbling" rx/tx audio on 10 and 6M. After a se...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Larry - W8LLL
sdr-1000
I pulled out the old Flex SDR-1000 with the 100 watt PA as the only option that I haven't touched since before I bought my 6500 in 2014. ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jim-KA4OJN
Has anyone besides me had problems with GPSDO under 2.3.7?
If I revert back to 2.2.8 it comes right up and locks.  Under 2.3.7 I see it losing satellites until it quits.  Under 2.2.8 it does not s...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Pat N6PAT
Max Power setting not working after upgrade to 2.3.7.110
The max power setting is being ignored after upgrading to 2.3.7.110. It used to work fine. I set the power limit to 15 watts but then a...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Ria - N2RJ
Flex-6300 1.11 CAT weirdness, can't create VSP and other stuff
Helping a friend with his radio. He has a 6300 with 1.11. The SmartSDR CAT cannot create new CAT ports. I did the repair procedure and I...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Bill  /  VA3QB
Email Problem
I changed my email address in my profile about 6 days ago. The emails are still going to the old email address.  Anybody tell me why.  Th...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of WV9L
Anyone else having issues with getting thru to order a radio?
i got an email from Flex last friday afternoon that there were special discounts for the Fathers Day Weekend. It said an additional $200 ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Salty Z
no audio from JTAlertX, Flex 6300, FT8,WjstX
running latest versions of all the software;Win10 updated; have a monitor with built in speakers that I would like to use for audio with ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of roger na4rr
Flex 6700 scanning
I have flex 6700 with V1.11.12.  The radio has been working fine.  I just now sat down at the radio and it is scanning.  I can change ste...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Using speakers with a subwoofer
For those of you who use a speaker system with a subwoofer such as the Kliptsch Promedia, what does the subwoofer do? Does it help bring ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question