Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 29
Photo of Ben Sinclair
D-Star Transmit Issue
I'm using a Flex 6300 and a newly constructed Elecraft XV144 transverter, and am trying to connect to the local D-Star repeater, but am n...
  • 3 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ron Parsons
D-Star Repeater problem -- Simplex OK
I have installed the Flex D-Star dongle on my Flex-6500. Simplex operation works except that the callsign extension and Message do not pr...
  • 5 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Ron Parsons
Adapting Flex Radiosport headset from Flex-6500 to Flex-6600
I am using a Flex Radiosport headset with my Flex-6500. It came with a cable with a 1/8" TRS plug and an 8-pin Foster connector for the M...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K1ESE
FlexControl Changes Functions
My FlexControl knob changes functions on its own.  My buttons are AUX 1 = Slice AF, AUX 2 = AGC-T, AUX 3 = RIT, main knob = Tune Slice.  ...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Ross Biggar
Set up for 144mhz transverter problem
I have set up my Kuhne  144mhz transverter and it works ok, BUT when I open up the 144 on transverter the  frequency on Smart SDR opens a...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Bill Turner
Can FlexControl adjust power?
My 6300 has been on the shelf for a while and I want to fire it up again. I see there is a new version of SSDR and I'm wondering if the a...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Joe - KB6IGK
FLEX-6500 not powering DEMI 2m xvtr
Almost no power is getting from the 6500 to the DEMI L144-28HP 2m xvtr. The radio keys the DEMI, but I see NO power level indicated on th...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Ron Parsons
XIT visualization on TX slice
Below is a screen shot of the XIT red bar on a FM slice. The documentation in section 31.6.7 of the SmartSDR manual says: "When RIT/XIT...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of philip.theis
Indicator for external 10MHz Source
Those of you who have an external disciplined GPS (or other) source, lets endorse this idea to get some GUI indication that the external ...
  • 16 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Ron Parsons
SmartSDR 1.6.21 installed and tested with satellite AO-73
Installation went well and the radio still seems to work, though HF bands seem dead. WWV heard. FlexSatPC and SatPC32 connects.  Had a...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ron Parsons
A plea for Global Profiles to remember screen layout
Because of my operation mode, I change Global Profiles often. Profiles save many of the system parameters but not the screen geometry. My...
  • 8 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ron Parsons
Need updated SmartSDR DSTAR Repeater List
I just installed the D-Star Waveform on my Flex-6500. The SmartSDR D-STAR Waveform Client has a menu command File > Reload DStar Repeater...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ron Parsons
Removed SmartCAT serial ports remain as hidden ports
If I remove CAT FlexVSP ports created with SmartCAT 1.6.17, they remain in the Device Manager Ports list. They disappear after a restart,...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT
Transverter Hook-up question
This is a very simple question (I hope!). I want to hook a 2m transverter up to my Flex 6500.  My transverter has two sockets (although...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Warnberg
Transverter Questions 2
So round 2 of my transverter questions.  Background.. I built 2 Elecraft transverters (XV432 and XV144), each works individually without ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ron Parsons
Using Flex radios in amateur satellite service
Dave. W0DHB, and I have a pair of articles in the current issue of the AMSAT Journal discussing the use of Flex Signature radios in the a...
  • Ron Parsons, 3 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ron Parsons
Netgear WNCE2001 WiFi adapter and SmartSDR remote operation
In June 2014 with a Flex-6300 and SmartSDR 1.2.1, I successfully used a Netgear WNCE2001 WiFi adapter to connect the 6300 to a remote com...
  • Ron Parsons, 3 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Walt - KZ1F
Windows 10 update broke DAX
I had a working Win10 with SSDR 151 and dax and cat. This afternoon I allowed the 1511 update to run. Now I can run ssdr BUT dax does no...
  • 4 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Ron Parsons
Profile command failure (?)
I have several Global Profiles saved on my Flex-6300. I had this problem with  SSDR v1.4.16 as well as v1.5.0. I'm not sure whether this ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Ron Parsons
Full-Duplex Satellite Operation on Flex-6300
If I understand the User Guide section "28.3.2 FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500 Full Duplex" correctly, it says that FDX will be enabled ONLY if t...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered