Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 54
Photo of N5CQ
Can't transmit FT8 Using Smartlink
Installed SmartSDR 2.4.9 with no problems, SSB and CW work fine, now trying FT8. Transmit works fine in CW and SSB, as does TUNE in SSDR....
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ben
Newbie to Flex-1500 - No RX...
Just bought a second hand Flex-1500 but I don't have any RX at all... "PA" is of course selected in "Antenna" but what other(s) parameter...
  • 1 me too
  • 53 replies
  • Question
Photo of Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Safe TX PA Temperature?
What is the safe operating temperature of the TX PA? I realize that the overall rig operating range is up to 50 degrees C. But does the D...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov
6600 vs FT5000 Receive audio
Hello, I would like to get some help with receive audio setup. I used to yaesu audio and while I am not trying to match audio, I found au...
  • 1 me too
  • 27 replies
  • Question
Photo of roger na4rr
No radio available
Just sharing a day in the life of a Flex owner.  OK reading some of the post about the DJ controller.  I have had one for a couple of ye...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tom Hammack
SmartSDR with either MARS ALE or Ham ALE.
Does anyone have the setup for SmartSDR with either MARS ALE or Ham ALE. I have the Flex 6700 scanning, but it does not key the rig nor...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of JohnSweeney
6500 Delay in FT8
I recently bought a used 6500.  I am seeing 0.3 seconds delay on every FT8 signal.  My test setup: Kenwood TS590, Win 7 PC, V1.9 of WSJT-...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Michael Walker
Are you new to 1500 watts power?
I wanted to share a story especially if you are about to run some real 'full' power. On my home station, my 6M beam is on the roof on a ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Larry Williamson
Upgrading to v2.xx------ Yes or No
Currently running the 6500 with version 1.11.12 I have be debating and whether to upgrade to v2.x for quite some time now but haven’t ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Question
Photo of KF4HR
Does Flex still have an Tech Support phone line?
Does Flex have a Tech Support phone line or are they exclusively using email Trouble Tickets now? 
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W9WLX-Chuck
GPSDO Failure?
Hello--I have a Flex 6600, v2.28,  I took delivery of in early February with GPSDO installed by Flex before it was shipped.  It has worke...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Marcus8323 .
Mobile operation for hearing impaired user 6600?
Because of my challenged hearing loss, I benefit hugely from DSP/High Sensitivity/Noise Reduction algorithms. I am interested in connecti...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Rob Monsipapa
Looking for AMP suggestions for my 6600M I just ordered
I am wondering what AMPs people are using with their 6600M. I just ordered mine at the Yuma Hamfest, will get it in 6-8 weeks so I have...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
Photo of roger na4rr
remote via rf link instead of internet
Anyone remote via rf link instead of internet.  I need to remote about 2 miles too far for wifi.  Or how about a cellphone with unlimited...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of roger na4rr
Flex 6700 scanning
I have flex 6700 with V1.11.12.  The radio has been working fine.  I just now sat down at the radio and it is scanning.  I can change ste...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mark WS7M
WPX fun
Hi all, Not a big contester but I have been working on my CW so this was a chance to go and get fast. I managed with only about 5 hours...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Terry T
New comcast Modem is it a problem TC8305C
Comcast want to update my modem ( it works great ) with the new TC8305C. Is anyone using this one or is it a problem with the 6000 series...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of roger na4rr
arrl grid square contest
I was wondering if anyone is actively chasing the arrl grid grid squares?  Thanks Roger  
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Matt NQ6N
SmartSDR performance on $120 "Intel Stick" PC
I had been trying to figure out a good low-end PC to set up in my remote location. I ordered an "Intel Stick CS125" PC which cost $120 (i...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of John
Headset for iOS use?
Which wired headset to use for best xmt audio when using iOS to control flex?
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered