Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 83
Photo of Tom
Increasing the number of antenna ports in Power Genius
PG has only two antenna ports which is rather disappointing for an amplifier in this price range. Due to a high cost, I do not plan to bu...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Kg5dwx
Interfacing a RapidM RM2 M110A modem to a 6500.
Has anyone interfaced a RapidM RM2 M110A modem to a 6500?
  • Kg5dwx, 6 days ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Alex - DH2ID
Microsoft has stopped the 1809 update and warned not to install it manually
Quoting MS: "We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated rep...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wayne
WWV shutdown annonunced
So WWV is ending service but a feature of the new rigs and firmware/software is accurate freq calibration. So is flex going to provide an...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al Reeves
Microphone Recommendation
I  recently purchased a Flex 6300 and I'm looking for recommendations from others as to the best microphone to use.  I have tried the Hei...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Neal Pollack, N6YFM
FRStack user manual for newbie?
I should be receiving my first Flex 6x00 radio this week, and have started reading to learn. I came across the FRStack utility software, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Phil - WG5D
MARS Operations with SmartSDR
I have created a document for MARS operators that helps configure the MARS software for use with SmartSDR. If you are a MARS operator and...
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Glenn Depp
Does anyone know if the RapidM internal cards are capable to be used in the 6600 or 6400 radios?
Flex 6600 and RapidM
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Salomon
MARS filters?
Question for Tim... Specifically, what changes were done to the pre-selector filters for the MARS mod.  Asking because there are numerou...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ross W8TZ
Trade-in issues
I shipped my Flex 6500 to Texas as a trade in on Feb. 5th, 2018. It arrived at Flex Feb. 8th, 2018. The Help Desk Ticket showed it's ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Bill - W7DOC
6400 vs 6500
Hello all, newbie here.  I am interested in the 6400 and have seen the specs on the Flex website.  I see that there was a previous model,...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Brent Parker
Best State of the Art Remote Rotator Controller
A group of us have placed a 6500 in our "club" room. It has a 3 El Yagi, with a 40 m dipole and a very old rotator. The controller is the...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Which Router...ASUS RT-N66U or P-LINK Archer C7 AC1750?
OK Computer Gurus... I am planning on upgrading my wireless router (Motorola NVG-510 provided by ATT Uverse) I want to stay below the $1...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Paul N6PSE
key out on Flex 6500 to Elecraft KPA1500?
I have a new Elecraft KPA1500 Amp. On a non-Elecraft rig it is keyed by Key out such as on a K3 without the ACC cable. Which port on the ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kg5dwx
Flex 6500 with SCS DR-7400 Pactor.
Thanks for your help on my earlier post, I have the SCS on the ACC port with the SCS cable, Now transmitting at a reasonable level In RMS...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Reg
PowerGenius XL Amplifier Question
Will the PowerGenius XL amplifier work with a FLEX-6700 on MARS frequencies in the USA?  The FLEX-6700 is unlocked for MARS operation.
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
Phone (cell) patch
With the recent disasters, I am thinking of adding phone patch capabilities to the shack. The problem is that I no longer have a wired la...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Craig - KØCF
SmartSDR CAT on SmartLink
Supposedly, SmartSDR CAT works on SmartLink. But not for me. When I am on my home LAN, everything works -- SmartSDR CAT shows "Radio Conn...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Robbie - KI4TTZ
Best indoor TX antenna?
To make a long story shorter, I recently moved from a house to a townhome (probably for the next year or so till I find a new house).  I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Zack Schindler
Why would one want a GPSDO in their rig?
I am going to order a 6600 very soon and noted the GPSDO option on the order page. Why would one want this option? I operate 160-6 and do...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question