Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 31
Photo of Al Reeves
6300 and V2.0 Upgrade is it Worth it??
I'm thinking of upgrading my 6300 V2.0 and want to know if the benefits are worth the $200 cost.  First of all I'm not at all interested ...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
6300 not starting/turning on
I  have had my Flex-6300 for 5 months and have installed (successfully) all of the various updates without issues until today. When I tun...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter
SmartSDR ver2.0 upgrade question
I was just made aware of the new  2.0 version of the Flex software for my 6300. It was mentioned in the documentation that in addition to...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of VE7ATJ
CW Decoding
Yep, I know we can get this through a 3rd party product - CW Skimmer -- but with the ICOM 7300 and Elecrafts providing this natively, why...
  • 16 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Mark - W3II
Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility
I have spent countless hours enjoying my Flex-6500. To improve my operating proficiency I have written a utility to track my most recentl...
  • 25 me toos
  • 44 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Cal Spreitzer
Issue with Maestro v1.8 (Part II)
A big thanks to Flex for their top notch customer support!  My help desk ticket for my DOU (Dead on Upgrade) Maestro now shows solved.  A...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
Smart phone apps
With the release of Maestro, are they any Smart phone Apps available that would do a similar job? Peter
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John-K3MA
Is a more structured Alpha/Beta program needed?
I must admit I have no idea how the current Flex Alpha and Beta test programs operate.  I do not know it the selection of the testers is ...
  • 8 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
Pending Maestro release ??
Are there others like me wondering if some may have "jump-the-gun" in saying that Maestro would be available since last November/December...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
Flex6300 Band edge limit
I am going to raise this again because I am not getting it and it's frustrating me. I will use the 17 meter band as an example here.  The...
  • 1 me too
  • 20 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
6300 wont allow transmit over 18.165.1
I just became aware of something weird since obtaining my 6300. While play  around on 17 meters, I notice the if I try to tune beyond 18....
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of George Steube
IW7DMH FlexController
Here is my version of IW7DMH's Flex Controller.  Enzo, IW7DMH, has done a fantastic job of putting this together. It incorporates both ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Peter
My 6300 seem off Freq.
Though I have had my 6300 (new) for a few months I have not really been using it much but have just noticed that it seem off frequency on...
  • 1 me too
  • 24 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter
How do I interface to control the 6300
Folks,  I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have a Magloop controller that I need to interface to my Flex6300, the controller ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter
CW Skimmer and the 6300 setup
Hi Folks,  Forgive me but I am unable to find any specific instructions on setting up CW Skimmer on the 6300, I need to do some CW decod...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter
6300 and the ARB-704 buffer
Hello,  Is anymore specifically using the ARB-704 buffer with their 6300 in keying their amp, I would like to know how to connect this t...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
One step forward, two steps back..................
Am I the only one who feels like we have taken one step forward, only to take two steps back?Well, maybe two steps forward and one step b...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter
SmarSDR v1.4 - So-far-so-good!
Hi FRS. I've just installed v1.4 on both my shack and remote computers both running Windows 8.1 with quad core CPUs and 16 Gig of RAM, ne...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Howard Koenig
6300 is in use by...
Occasionally after shutting down 1.4, trying to bring up program again, the radio still says its in use, even though its not. The radio n...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Peter
SSDR v1.4 on A Mac using VitualBox issue
Ah!, hit a road bump!! Radio: Flex6300 Scenario #2 Hardware: MacBookPro 15'', Mac OS =Yosemite, RAN 8 Gig, 250Gig SD HD Software: Windo...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem