Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 160
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
S-Meter Accuracy of FLex and Others - Rob Sherwood
With all the recent (and not so recent) posts on the FlexS-meter and its calibration, you might find Rob’s take on the subject interestin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Burt Fisher
Why does my S-meter on my 6400M show S-7 with a dummy load?
With a dummy load with no coax: 160 meters S6 80 meters S7 30 meters S3 20 meters S4 10 meters S2 6 meters S0
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roger J. Buffington
SDR 2.4.9 Install went perfect on my 6400M
Just a short note to compliment the Flex team -- at least on my setup the upgrade to V2.4.9 wen perfectly, both on the PC version of Smar...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Praise
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 71 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rory - N6OIL
You need to pay this guy! K0CN
Ok I hope FRS has Al K0CN on their payroll because his latest YouTube video is really awesome. I thought I knew what all the filters did ...
  • 7 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Paul
Does SSDR 2.4.9 fix the memory leak reported 5 months ago?
Does anyone know if the memory leak (issue #6245) has been addressed in the latest version of SSDR? I would rather not install it just...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Whiteway
2.4.9 ANF
Improved/properly working ANF still nowhere to be found. Truly sad. So many basic things need work. Instead we get a multicolored S Met...
  • 3 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Paul Lourd
Beginner remote operations with an amplifier - Get me started
I currently run my 6300 with an Ameritron ALS-600 and an LDG AT-600ProII tuner. I have three wire antennas on an Alpha Delta manual switc...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of K5XH
Question about VPN
I know nothing about VPNs. When I do a Google search I see that one sets up a VPN to hide their identity and web activity. But I have see...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wolfgang
Flex 6600M Heat sin Issue - replacement
Hello FlexradioI just installed yesterday my two new heatsinks according your installaltion procedure. One of the old heatsink was fallen...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of SK3BG
How to add a photo to your SmartSDR profile?
How can I replace the two letters in the green box with an image? Eg. our club logo or a photo similar to this forum replacing the avatar?
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Alan W4FBI
Tim, are you still with us?
Haven't seen a comment from Tim in quite a while.I'm thinking you are fighting with Hurricane Florence - as I recall you are in NC.You OK?
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Sam Leach
Has anyone else had TeamViewer blocked claiming commercial use?
Like most all Flex users, I have used TeamViewer to access a computer that is local to my remote radio.  I use that computer for wsjt-x, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Question
Photo of steve turner
working remote advice please for 6300 and maestro
hi all ive just purchased a second user 6300 and maestro running smartsdr v1.11.12 i have the 6300 set up working fine through my router ...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tilman D Thulesius
SmartLink service needs to be more robust
I can see that there are a quite a number of posts and with that occasions when the SmartLink Service has been down for remote action.If ...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Joe N3HEE
Six Pak Antenna Switch Automation
I am using a Sainsmart 8 port USB relay to control my SIx Pak (2x6) antenna switch. Relay is directly connected to 6600M. I have four ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Everett B. Simonds
dx engineering RR8B Band Control
After moving to a new location I'm finally going to have my tower re-installed.  I'm planning on using a DX Engineering RR8B remote anten...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andrew Rose
Maestro audio fail after 60 mins
For the past few months I have been having problems with my Maestro loosing audio. (See my requests for help numbers 23845, 24964, 25136 ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter K1PGV
Remote Antenna Disconnect?
Prior to the advent of SSDR for iOS, I've always run SSDR from my shack.  My routine has been to connect my antenna, turn on the Astron, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark WS7M
Band pass filter recommendations
Hi all, I'm looking for some recommendations on good band pass filters for multiple transmitter ops.  Some local hams and I are going to...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question