Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 30
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Enhancement to let you drag a panadapter to another monitor.
With the addition of the waterfall, the screen real estate is filling up quickly when running multiple panadapters.   Even with 3 or 4 an...
  • 68 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Ken - NM9P
transverters-store.com 144-28 Transverter
Anyone have any experience using this transverter with a FLEX? http://transverters-store.com/144mhz.htm It is $100 shipped, but you nee...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark - W3II
Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility
I have spent countless hours enjoying my Flex-6500. To improve my operating proficiency I have written a utility to track my most recentl...
  • 25 me toos
  • 44 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
TX signal asserted during TUNE output
I'm going to check this when I get a chance after work, but is the TX signal asserted when the Flex 6300 is keyed using the TUNE button i...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Nick - W2NER
SDR 1.4 is it releasing?
Well, unless Flex works weekends I guess the release of 1.4 is going to be pushed out again......
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
How to make a window open in a specific monitor
This is a  computer question rather than a SDR but we have a lot of computers gurus here so here goes. Several windows or sub windows per...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
SSDR 2.0 WAN Connectivity - Home Network Prep and Considerations
At the time of this writing, SmartSDR 1.4 has not been released (full Local Area Network (LAN) full client support).  Sometime next year,...
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
Start-up Profile?
In SmartSDR 1.3.8 how do I set the profiles to get the settings I want at start-up?  I have saved the settings as a separate profile and ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick - W2NER
Any updates on SDR 1.4?
Any updates on the status of SDR 1.4??
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Alan - KA4B
How important is the balanced microphone input?
I am looking at the differences between the 6300 and the 6500 and was wondering how important it is to have the balanced microphone input...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Alex - IK5PWJ
Flexcontrol by K6TD NOT WORKING on windows 8.1 and SmartSDRv1.3.8
Hi, i have FlexRadio 6500 and installed the software in windows 7 from about 10 months updated to the latest version SmartSDR1.3.8  Every...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of James T. Whitehead
How to run (2) 6500's on the same PC?
Happy Holidays - how to run (2) 6500's on same PC - both on the same network - different IP addresses as it should be and FRS gave them 2...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
1.4 Prior to Thanksgiving?
Many of us folks here in the US will be on holiday to celebrate Thanksgiving next Thursday (11/27).  This means that most of us be on vac...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick - W2NER
Cross banding
It would be great to have the option to do cross banding.  I think it would be a great option to add.
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Nick - W2NER
SDR for Apple
I would love to see support for Apple, porting SDR over to Apple (OS X) would be great...
  • 8 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Eduardo Carvalho - KC8R
SmartSDR 1.4 Release Status
Looking at the release schedule plan, SmartSDR 1.4 is scheduled to release sometime in October. Given that October is just around the cor...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry da Ponte
Flex 6500 upgrade from 1.3 to 1.3.8 taking a long time
Flex 6500, MacBook Pro running windows 8.1 64 bit.  Started from "cold" boot of computer and radio.  Closed (exited) smart cat and DAX.  ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of William Hein
I love Flex 6700/SmartSDR Diversity!
I have used diversity reception going back to the FT-1000D and absolutely love the implementation in SmartSDR. Kudos to FRS! My station ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Nick - W2NER
S-Meter is delayed
I just upgraded to 1.3.8 and one thing I have noticed is the S-Meter has a delayed with any signal.  It's like its has about a two second...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
RF Power meter and slider
Is the power output slider and the power output meter supposed to agree? The RF meter and the meter on the ATU agree. I am currently on 8...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question