Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 89
Photo of Val  DM1TX
Flex 6400 vs 6600
Is it worth the price difference for a non contester Ham? Are these models at base the same? First of all I seriously consider going for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B
Windows 10 Activation Servers - Problem
I'd much rather operate my 6400 than be an IT guy, but...... W10 Pro - 1803 deactivated this morning.  As I fired up the 6400 to make a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of John Kenney
Windows Gremlins - Alternatives?
Since purchasing my Flex 6400 I have spent just about as much time chasing Windows-related gremlins than I have using the radio. I'm gett...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Wayne
WWV shutdown annonunced
So WWV is ending service but a feature of the new rigs and firmware/software is accurate freq calibration. So is flex going to provide an...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andrew Thall
Please add CW Beacon function to CWX
I would really like to have a beacon function in CWX.  I know others have suggested that I use N1MM software but I already have a great l...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Nick
Port Audio Device Not Available
Getting this error when clicking the portaudio box in Fldigi configuration for audio.  DAX is running and I can see the gain bar moving b...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve K9ZW
Nice Website (August 2018)
The new main FlexRadio Systems website is really nice. A lot of information reorganized and a very fresh feel. http://www.flexradio.com...
  • 4 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Tony Hateley
I want to connect my mfj998 to my 6500 with a radio interface cable,could someone me witch connection I use on the rear of my radio.thanks
I want to connect my mfj998 to my 6500 with a radio interface cable,could someone tell me witch connection I use on the rear of my radio.
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rex K0KP
Give us a Choice with the S Meter
Flex S Meter - I'm sure there are many users that would appreciate the ability to have the S meter work as it does in a traditional analo...
  • 3 me toos
  • 38 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Tom W3FRG
Power Pole connectors
Each time I slide my 6600M forward a few inches the power Pole Connectors both fall out of their socket. They were inserted to their max,...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andy - KU7T
Limiting to 100W more accurately?
Hi, My 6600M seems to be all over the place with output power. It depends on antenna, temperature, and else... My external W2 watt meter ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Don-KB6TSQ
How do you change the fuse in a 6600M?
I was running FT8 digital mode.  I moved the power output to 100 watts out to finish a QSO.  On the RR73 transmit sequence, the radio die...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of David Salomon
Disappearing waterfall?
This morning, while using my 6600M via SmartSDR, the waterfalls in all panadapters just disappeared. The same thing happens operating wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Dennis ODell
Flex 6400M noise floor
My new 6400M has a -120dBm noise floor which equates to a constant S4 on the S meter with a terminated antenna input on 80M and 0dB gain....
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris DL5NAM
... same procedure as last update?
... only run the update, restart PC and again the old bug is here again at every SSDR start!
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B
SSDR 2.3.9 Install Okay
I just installed 2.3.9 with only one issue.  During the firmware upgrade the 6400 showed a boot failure at the end of the upgrade.  The p...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Tom Teague
Heatsinks are falling off in 6400 and 6600 models.
As part of the Product Enhancement Notification (PEN) or Recall.  If you want to know where to look to see if both of your heatsinks are ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 48 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B
Transmitter RF getting into ethernet
I had a problem in the past using an antenna that resulted in enough CM to interrupt the ethernet communications with the Flex. I did two...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Terry AB2UE
Do FlexRadio service technicians use 'floating or grounded [negative]' output, 13.8VDC power supplies when bench testing radios ?
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question