Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 121
Photo of Chris DL5NAM
MicroHam and Flex6000
MicroHam offer a new software update of his USB device router - includes now Flex6000 Latest news:22-December-2016   - Router 8.7.8    -...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Skala
Distorted TX DAX audio
Radio Flex 6300 / SmartSDR 2.0.17 / OS Windows 10.  I have a remotehams remote that I provide to other hams.  Every couple days I have be...
  • 4 me toos
  • 28 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Don - kx9q
Display frequency difference between WSJT and Flex 6xxx
I am running WSJT-x v1.9.1 with the Flex 6700.  I noticed over the past month a frequency difference where WSJT-x is reporting 14.074.000...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al Reeves
Microphone Recommendation
I  recently purchased a Flex 6300 and I'm looking for recommendations from others as to the best microphone to use.  I have tried the Hei...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Everett B. Simonds
dx engineering RR8B Band Control
After moving to a new location I'm finally going to have my tower re-installed.  I'm planning on using a DX Engineering RR8B remote anten...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Steve W4YHD
Add an NCDXF Beacon monitor function into SmartSDR
The NCDXF runs a group of HF beacon transmitters strategically located around the world, transmitting at specific time slots at various p...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mike - W8MM
Problem Solved with iPad & SmartSDR for iOS w/Help from Marcus
I was being driven to the brink trying to solve a weird problem where my iPad Pro acted differently than my iPhone 6 while using SmartSDR...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ross Biggar
Using DAX IQ for satellite telemetry query
I want to be able to use DAX IQ to record telemetry from various satellites. and the save the data to a .wav file. My question is where i...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of John G3WGV
Proposal: QSO recording stream
Synopsis I propose an enhancement to generate a new class of audio device stream that permits the recording of QSOs, including sidetone a...
  • 10 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
The DIY controller and a question for designers
Now that my controller is completed I am thinking about the best way to key the rig in remote mode. Probably my idea is stupid, but I am...
  • 9 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mario - DL3LSM
DAX and CAT applications now available for macOS
Hi there, since I’ve got my Flex-6300 last year I missed an equivalent for SmartCAT and SmartDAX on macOS. Using Dougs (K3TZR) xFlexAPI ...
  • 14 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Praise
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador
How-To 2m and 70cm DEMI Transverters on a 6700 & Questions
I have researched the forum for Transverter installation options/ideas and there are several threads floating around with information. It...
  • 10 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Richard Adkins
What is the purpose of the quick record button?
I'm an extremely new user of Flex so please bear with me.  What is the use of the quick record button? I can't seem to get it to do anyth...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Randy
FT8 not operating on all bands.
I have been using WSJTX's FT8 for the last week on my Flex 6500 running Smart SDR v2.0.19.98.  Had some initial issues with DAX so I relo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Bodnar GPS disciplined oscillator
With so much discussion about GPSDO's, and the recent article in QST, I was wondering if the under $300 Bodnar GPS Disciplined Oscillator...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
How to load HRD FT8 QSO's
Started using FT8 from K1JT website. However I find a situation where I can not log FT8 contacts on "My Logbook" using Ham Radio Deluxe ...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
You are Now CEO for a Day !
As I look at some of the post about what features people are demanding it brings to mind the question: What feature do I NOT want. :) Tha...
  • 7 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Larry - WA7LZO
User Report - v2.0 Remote Ops at Starbucks
6700 with v2.0, using both Maestro and iPad Pro, 7-25-2017:  So, here's my bottom line v2.0 User Report: 1. Loading v2.0 software was a...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
Congratulations the Entire Flex Team on the Release of 2.x
Congratulations to the entire team that has been working on the release of 2.x.  Anyone who has worked in a company on a major software o...
  • 14 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Skala
If I purchased my radio less then a year ago do I have to purchase a lic
SmartLink purchase question for newer radio owners.
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered