Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 118
Photo of James Skala
Distorted TX DAX audio
Radio Flex 6300 / SmartSDR 2.0.17 / OS Windows 10.  I have a remotehams remote that I provide to other hams.  Every couple days I have be...
  • 4 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
The DIY controller and a question for designers
Now that my controller is completed I am thinking about the best way to key the rig in remote mode. Probably my idea is stupid, but I am...
  • 9 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mario - DL3LSM
DAX and CAT applications now available for macOS
Hi there, since I’ve got my Flex-6300 last year I missed an equivalent for SmartCAT and SmartDAX on macOS. Using Dougs (K3TZR) xFlexAPI ...
  • 14 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Praise
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador
How-To 2m and 70cm DEMI Transverters on a 6700 & Questions
I have researched the forum for Transverter installation options/ideas and there are several threads floating around with information. It...
  • 10 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Richard Adkins
What is the purpose of the quick record button?
I'm an extremely new user of Flex so please bear with me.  What is the use of the quick record button? I can't seem to get it to do anyth...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Randy
FT8 not operating on all bands.
I have been using WSJTX's FT8 for the last week on my Flex 6500 running Smart SDR v2.0.19.98.  Had some initial issues with DAX so I relo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Bodnar GPS disciplined oscillator
With so much discussion about GPSDO's, and the recent article in QST, I was wondering if the under $300 Bodnar GPS Disciplined Oscillator...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
How to load HRD FT8 QSO's
Started using FT8 from K1JT website. However I find a situation where I can not log FT8 contacts on "My Logbook" using Ham Radio Deluxe ...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
You are Now CEO for a Day !
As I look at some of the post about what features people are demanding it brings to mind the question: What feature do I NOT want. :) Tha...
  • 7 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Larry - WA7LZO
User Report - v2.0 Remote Ops at Starbucks
6700 with v2.0, using both Maestro and iPad Pro, 7-25-2017:  So, here's my bottom line v2.0 User Report: 1. Loading v2.0 software was a...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
Congratulations the Entire Flex Team on the Release of 2.x
Congratulations to the entire team that has been working on the release of 2.x.  Anyone who has worked in a company on a major software o...
  • 14 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Skala
If I purchased my radio less then a year ago do I have to purchase a lic
SmartLink purchase question for newer radio owners.
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of kk4x
EXPERT ELECTRONICS MB1 compared to 6700
just comparing from an operators stand point, it kills the 6700 on 144 mhz, easy to use. software not complicated, no 3rd party software ...
  • 1 me too
  • 20 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Keith Ferguson
RCA TX Relay Outputs - configure by band selection?
I think I know the answer to this (ie no), but is it possible to configure the RCA TX outputs to be enabled by band? I've currently got a...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mike - W8MM
Problem Solved with iPad & SmartSDR for iOS w/Help from Marcus
I was being driven to the brink trying to solve a weird problem where my iPad Pro acted differently than my iPhone 6 while using SmartSDR...
  • 4 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of YV5WZ
Is this conector I have to buy?
Hello .... I wonder if  this is the conector I have to buy to use my Heil Sound PR40 with the new Flex 6600 cause I have heard  jack is ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of M Evans
Touchscreen monitor
I have come upon a Planar touchscreen monitor that I've hooked up to my Flex 6300 PC but it doesn't seem to work(touch part) Is it possib...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM4CQG
SmartSDR 1.10.8.30 whats the big deal about direct AMP control?
Confused about why direct AMP control via the Flex 6XXX is so important? I've been using DDutil to control my SPE Amp for years it works...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
Congratulations to the 2017 Hall of Fame Inductee - Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
In all of the hoopla regarding SSDR 2.0 and new hardware, no one noticed that Gerald was inducted into the CQ Magazine Hall of Fame. CQ ...
  • 12 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Lino Lombardi
I can't belive: "This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies."
Critics are bad if they are only negative, this is a concept I can understand but I have never seen a company react like this: close a di...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question