Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 317
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer It seems like it...
  • 54 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve N4LQ
Keeping the 6300 quiet and cool
I bought this laptop cooler at Big Lots for $10 and sat the 6300 on it. The case temp dropped 5 degrees and the internal fan never kicks ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of David Decoons wo2x
Customize RX filters (right click & configure)
Hi All,I was talking to the guys from Flex this weekend at the ARRL Centennial convention the subject was brought up about future ability...
  • 39 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Frank Ventura
Controlling an Ameritron 1306 amp with a Flex 6300
Hi all, I am using a Flex 6300 and am very pleased with it. I have an Ameritron 1306 amp which I can key from the TX out RCA jack on the ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of William Hemmingsen
Android App
I started working on a Android App to go alongside my CMD micro.  I wanted a few additional feature at hands reach without having to use ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 74 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Mark Griffin
IC-7300 Receiver Front End Overload
I was reading a review last evening on Eham and took note regarding a post regarding the IC-7300 Front End Receiver Overload that the use...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
transverters-store.com 144-28 Transverter
Anyone have any experience using this transverter with a FLEX? http://transverters-store.com/144mhz.htm It is $100 shipped, but you nee...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Manuel Maseda
New Flex radios at Dayton this year
Anyone want to speculate on what new radio Flex will introduce this year? I’m betting on a replacement for the 6700.
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Tim - W4TME
Please welcome Michael, VA3MW as Community Mayor Pro Tem
Starting tomorrow afternoon, I will be taking a temporary medical leave of absence for several weeks and Michael, VA3MW will be the Commu...
  • 8 me toos
  • 56 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Pat N6PAT
Stop bashing the Beta testers
Please stop bashing the beta testers for the problems you're experiencing. Unless you've been a beta tester you don't know what's involve...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Andrew O'Brien
Noise canceling /noise reducing / mud digging ?
The recent thread about speaker leads me to an issue that I think is as important as speaker quality, devices to help dig out weak signal...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of AH0U
6700 control DX Solutions Smart Switch
I have hit the wall on my computer literacy. For years I have used the Smart Switch 8 on my Icom and now with the 6700 I cant figure how ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mal G3PDH
Final version 1 release
Does anyone know if there is to be a final version 1 software release containing various bug fixes and other changes prior to having to m...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH1RK
Mobile usage of SmartLink
Hello, I want to praise the new SmartLink feature for my remote station driven mobile on the way to the work an back (120km driving dista...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Doug - W3UB
Remote Power On Threshold
Can someone tell me the upper voltage limit for the remote power on input that the radio will consider to be low, or active? The manual s...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K1UO - Larry
PGXL Vapor Phase heat sink
I understand a pre production improvement to the PGXL involves  something called a vapor phase heat sink for improved cooling.  what exac...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Tennadyne T-11 on the way! any advice on using with the 6500?
I just pulled the trigger and ordered a T-11 this morning. It should arrive in a couple of weeks. Now I am looking for tower, rotor, an...
  • 3 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Question
Photo of Paul Mandel
Status of 2.0 upgrades with radios that were crashing
I was wondering if anyone that was having crashes has upgraded to 2.0?    My plan is to give 2.0  a week or so before I retrieve the radi...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rich - N5ZC
Keeping a Slice Centered in Smart SDR While Tuning
As I was participating in the NAQP Sprint last night, I thought it would be very effective if the Slice  would stay centered in the displ...
  • 10 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered