Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 63
Photo of John Kenney
Windows Gremlins - Alternatives?
Since purchasing my Flex 6400 I have spent just about as much time chasing Windows-related gremlins than I have using the radio. I'm gett...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roy Laufer
SmartSDR 2.3.7 - It's Deja Vu All Over again, and again...
We gotta stop meeting like this... Well, I didn't see any problems mentioned with 2.3.7, so I took it for "a spin"... Guess what? I ge...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Dave - WB5NHL
N3FJP AClog Beta
Scott, N3FJP has released a beta version (6.3.6) of AClog that sends time stamped spots to Flex radio. AClog must be using the Flex API i...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ed, K0KC
SmartSDR 2.3.9 Network Disconnect
I appreciate the work that has gone into this latest release, but I can report that it apparently has not solved my random disconnect...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Gene - K3GC
spot display with ssdr 2.3.7
I have installed ssdr 2.3.7 with no problems on my 6500.  I run DXsuite with spot collector installed. Spots are enabled, "display calls ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of henrylance
Case fan noise
Just wondering ??  After 5 months of living with a Flex 6500 and Maestro,  I have gotten use to all the quirks that happen and the long l...
  • 1 me too
  • 25 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Phil - WG5D
MARS Operations with SmartSDR
I have created a document for MARS operators that helps configure the MARS software for use with SmartSDR. If you are a MARS operator and...
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ed
Flex 6300 shutdown with no warning
Was working FT8 today on 20M running 30 watts from my Flex 6300 when it shutdown. No warning at all, lights out, shutdown. I felt the bac...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of john kossuth
wood a tripp-lite isobar on the AC line help on noise. thanks
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al
NOT CONNECTED...I can see and operate my 6700 over Smartlink but the SmartSDR CAT display keeps telling me "NOT CONNETECTED TO RADIO"
Smartlink seems to be working OK. I can control (TUNE, Bands, Modes, Frequency, etc.) my 6700 over the remote link but the SmartSDR CAT d...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Is the Auto notch filter ever going to be fixed?
Had a station tuning up today in my passband and hit the ANF and lo and behold it does not work. Did a search on the forum and found some...
  • 4 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K5ROX
What do you like about Version 2 over Version 1
General 
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Kent Olsen
Lockup after upgrade to v2.1.32
Radio: Flex-6500 SSDR: V2.1.32 Operating system: Win10 Pro 64 bit 2 Times now after walking out of the shack and walking back in, the co...
  • 5 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lawrence Gray
WNB Praise
I haven't had much success using WNB--just not the right kind of noise here.  Today, I had a perfect example of WNB completely eliminatin...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Pat N6PAT
Stop bashing the Beta testers
Please stop bashing the beta testers for the problems you're experiencing. Unless you've been a beta tester you don't know what's involve...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of IK6DLK Fabrizio
Long live version 2.0.19 !!!!!
I have in Flex-6500 with Maestro, I have followed all the updates up to 2.1.32, getting more and more, strange noises during the tuning a...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Richard Adkins
How do I get my Flex 6500 to generate a CTCSS tone so I can participate in a weekly net on our local 2m repeater?
I'm going to order a 146 MHz ASSEMBLED TRANSVERTER in in 146 MHz so I can use our local repeater for a weekly net that I use using my HT....
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry
Quadra connection to Flex 6300
can someone help me understand how I might connect my yaseu vl 1000 quadra amplifier to the flex 6300 so that it provides band change and...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Giulio
Anf - totally useless
Dear all, I have tried almost everything but I don't hear any difference between ANF on or off. It doesn't change anything. (same t...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Problem