Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 363
Photo of Amlan - AI6XN
New 6600M, what software?
Just bit the bullet and bought a 6600M and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. I am a first time flexradio user. Coming from IC-7610 world....
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of K5XH
Sales Tax Question
The Supreme Court ruling on sales tax could be implemented in weeks - according to the news I hear. Will I have to pay sales tax on my PG...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of KF4HR
Flex 6700 and 2MLDPA Power Adjustment
I managed to get a 2MLDPA working with my Flex 6700 this evening.  Works great but the max 2M power output is only 50 watts and I'd like ...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roger J. Buffington
Any prospect of a mid-size linear amp from Flex?
The new Powergenius linear from Flex is certainly impressive, but it is more linear than I really need.  Is there any prospect in the nex...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of KF4HR
Does Flex still have an Tech Support phone line?
Does Flex have a Tech Support phone line or are they exclusively using email Trouble Tickets now? 
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Roger J. Buffington
Very little SSB activity on 20M?
Is it my imagination or has 20m SSB significantly decreased in popularity?  I know we are near the sunspot minimum, but gee there sure do...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov
PowerGenius XL review?
With PGXL shipping I beleive quite few amplifiers already in use. I cannot find a single reciew in eham. Does anyone plannig to post a fe...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of A.J. AJ2I
Receiving Weak Signals in SSB
What is the recommend method for pulling in weak signals. I've read some say to set the AGC to fast and ride the threshold until the back...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wayne
Hard Copy User Manual
Will there be a printed manual available for purchase for the 6400M/6600M? Its so much easier to find stuff make notes and you don't have...
  • 4 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ria - N2RJ
For sale - Flex-6700
I'm selling my Flex-6700. I placed an ad on QTH.com, but also giving the community a heads up. Asking $6000. Offers welcome.  I'm not ge...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Bernie W7DMC
interfacing pg-xl
Since my PG-XL is now on the way, want to know if I can connect Ant1 on 6500 to Input A on PG-XL and then connect Ant2 on 6500 to Input B...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dennis Terry
What are the requirements for a new IPAD to use with my 6300?
I am considering selling my Maestro and buying an IPAD Pro to use for remote control of my Flex 6300.  What is the storage requirements f...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ron W4RDM
Power Genius XL on 403a website
It's a beauty.... http://www.4o3a.com/power-genius-xl/
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Watts
SmartSDR 2.x vs Maestro - Differences?
I am wondering if there are any differences, operational or functional, between a stand-alone Maestro and an iPad running SmartSDR 2.x? I...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Doug
Recived My Heat Sink Kit Today
I registered when Flex 1st posted a link to receive a kit if your radio was in the update. I didn't contact Flex again and today a packag...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick l
SmartSDR and Tablet Remoting
What tablets work well with SmartSDR? Thinking of getting a windows tablet to use for remoting into my FR6400. What features are impo...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of KF4HR
AM characteristics on SSB
When watching the spectrum display on my 6700 I've noticed that most SSB signals show their side band signals on the proper side of the s...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of KK9W - Steve
Upgrading Advantages
What would be the advantages of upgrading to a 6400 from a 6300. Differences??
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Matt (K0KB)
Where is the PowerGenius XL software?
Where is the software download for the PGXL?
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question