Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 49
Photo of Kent Hufford
DSTAR HF VOICE ISSUES
I am the NCS of the International DSTAR HF Testing Net that meets 5 times a week. I’ve been doing this for over 4 years. I have a ICOM ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of KENT HUFFORD
Did FlexRadio kill DSTAR DV voice?
FlexRadio had two Waveforms software files posted. FreeDV and DSTAR. FlexRadio was also selling the NW Digital DV3000 USB stick to allow ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Robert Lonn
More Sad News as Hams begin to retire!!!
http://www.radioworks.com/He made very good antennas!!
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ron Parsons
D-Star Repeater problem -- Simplex OK
I have installed the Flex D-Star dongle on my Flex-6500. Simplex operation works except that the callsign extension and Message do not pr...
  • 5 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of VE7ATJ
Running Flex 6xxx on SOTA or POTA -- laptop power options?
I've read a number of entries where people talk about taking their Flex 6xxx to field day, SOTA or POTA activations.  I'm wondering how p...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Big Hammer
FIRST SDR - Brand New 6500 Owner: What do I need to purchase other than the box?
SDR Beginner - The 6500 is inbound, what should I buy to make it work great?
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
Photo of Zack Schindler
USB FTDI cable/null modem to SteppIR not talking
I bought a FTDI USB /Serial cable from Amazon made by Cable creation and one from UGreen. Plugged it into my 6400 and it was reconized by...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB
KPA1500 connections to Flex 6500?
What is the best way to connect he KPA1500 to the Flex6500. Would like the Flex to control the amp as much as possible. And what can be c...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tore Andersson
Transverter with 6600
I plan to use transverters with the 6600. What transverter do you recommend and is there some option that is needed to use transverters w...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tony WV2C
2 METER TRANSVERTER OPTIONS
I would like to enjoy my 6500 on 2 meters working SSB, Digital and FM. I've seen a few posts out there but can anyone recommend a few Tra...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KENT HUFFORD
PLEASE fix the Buffer issue with DSTAR decoding
When the first WAVEFORM for DSTAR came out, and FLEX sold the ThumbDV/DV3000 it worked great. On 2m/440 with a Transverter, and also even...
  • 8 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Michael McGinty
Flex on Field Day
Just finished Field Day using a 6300, Maestro and a 160M (long) G5RV. The CW Team made over 200 contacts from 10 to 80 meters. Tried 160 ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ron Parsons
Adapting Flex Radiosport headset from Flex-6500 to Flex-6600
I am using a Flex Radiosport headset with my Flex-6500. It came with a cable with a 1/8" TRS plug and an 8-pin Foster connector for the M...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Pat    KB6Y
Flex 6500 NO RF out
Ok I have a flex 6500 SmartSDR Ver 2x I just purchased a month ago. It has been working perfect with a heil Pro set headphones until la...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E
I'm looking for Quality powered speaker to sit beside my FLEX 6600
I'm looking for Quality powered speaker to sit beside my FLEX 6600, all the good ones are not powered, Has anyone found a nice one yet? J...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Neal - K3NC
Windows Spring Update (1803) Tips and Tricks
There have been several types of problems witnessed with the new release of Windows that has started to be distributed to customers as of...
  • 5 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of John - K3MA
No activity on spectrum or waterfall upon restart V2
I have noticed a glitch.  On a local LAN Flex 6500 running V2.  Sometimes when shutting down the software and restarting it there is no a...
  • 4 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX
Maestro won't power up.... anyone seen this issue before?
So.... I just took my Maestro off the shelf, where it has been for about 6 months without use in my shack. I have tried it on several ba...
  • 3 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Livingston
Questions about setting up a SteppIR antenna on a Flex-6700?
I am seriously considering installing the UrbanBeam 40m-6m Yagi Antenna. I live in a HOA area and I believe I could hide this antenna su...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Danny Mann
Is it possible to use USB port from radio for WIFI connection
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question