Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 1962
Photo of Roger J. Buffington
WSJT-X -- A Tip and a Question
As some of you may recall I am a relatively new Flex 6400M owner, having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.  My main ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Nine-Band WAS on the Flex-6500!
I finally did it!  9-Band WAS. I got #'49 & #50 on 10 Meters last week, I finally got #50 on 12 Meters (WV) this afternoon This gives ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Roger J. Buffington
Any prospect of a mid-size linear amp from Flex?
The new Powergenius linear from Flex is certainly impressive, but it is more linear than I really need.  Is there any prospect in the nex...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of KF4HR
Does Flex still have an Tech Support phone line?
Does Flex have a Tech Support phone line or are they exclusively using email Trouble Tickets now? 
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tim K9WX
AGC Slope
I’m two weeks and 500 QSOs into my Flex 6600 with a Maestro.  Most of those QSOs are CW with some FT8 and RTTY. I have a number of q...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Richard Adkins
Repeating spikes on 40m only at night.
At night I get these spike signals running across the 40m band. I feel like I should know what's causing it, but, I just don't know. Any ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of John G3WGV
Smart SDR panadapter vertical dB scale
I'm perplexed by the vertical dB scale on Smart SDR. Right now I'm tuned to a quiet part of 6m and the slice flag shows a signal level of...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al Dewey
One or Two Monitors for SO2R Contesting with 6600M?
As I wait for delivery of my 6600M next month, I am trying to decide whether I should configure my station for one (large) monitor or two...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 60 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Nelson
Succesful 6000 Power On/Standby Control on the Lan Solution with WeMo
Applying the open collector voltage as Steve N5AC advised then a small relay means an iOS or Android app with a Belkin "WeMo" IP switch &...
  • 5 me toos
  • 28 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K2CM
Flex control issue
Press Aux 1 button, control changes RIT. Un click RIT, control does not control the frequency. Can't figure out how to make the Flex Cont...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K3WR - Jim
Out of Band TX Problem
My Flex 6400 prevents me from transmitting on 14.347 and a pop-up advises me of "PTT: RCA Inhibit: Out of Band". Despite using narrow ban...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bill-K7BRR
Kudos to Steve Hicks
Kudos to Steve Hicks, I had the opportunity to have one on one mentoring with Steve at SeaPac. What a personable guru. He talked in terms...
  • 4 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Bob  KW4CQ
How do you adjust PROC levels other then using DX or DX+ default levels?
While in smartSDR 2.8 I would like to adjust the level of Processing (PROC) using other than the default DX or DX+ values.  Are these def...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of W2PP
How to use the Transverter
So, I've never used a transverter before and I have some foundational questions.  I have almost all the DEMI and Q5 Signal stuff here now...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rich - N5ZC
Flexcontrol Won't Install
I just purchased a Flexcontrol and I'm having a difficult time installing it. If I plug the Flexcontrol into a USB port it generates a c...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
noise burst on transmit
RE: original post:https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/noise_burst_at_beginning_of_transmissionI do not believe this was fixe...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark WS7M
WPX fun
Hi all, Not a big contester but I have been working on my CW so this was a chance to go and get fast. I managed with only about 5 hours...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jean-Guy Rioux
FLEX-6500 SW Version 2.2.8.40 not transmitting but receiving just fine
My FLEX-6500 is not transmitting. It receives just fine. I installed and reinstalled SW Version 2.2.8.40 on my Maestro and my computer. I...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of N3CHW
front end desensed or overdriven
front end descended or over driven by large adjacent signals when noise reduction is set at max
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem