Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 2041
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 48 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
FLEX 6300 6500 6700 fans
I’ve had a number of emails lately inquiring as to fan availability. If we can get enough takers, I’ll order another 100 fans. Mayb...
  • 2 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K8EA
Best powered speakers for high power with now RF?
I have a FlexRadio 5000A and run full power with my AL-1500 amp. I have been using Klipsch stero speakers, however I cannot run full powe...
  • 1 me too
  • 18 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K1UO - Larry
Maestro owners what QSK delay do you use for semi-breakin?
Maestro owners.  If you operate semi-breakin cw and not QSK...what value delay do you use in the Maestro Delay setting (push in the cw ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 83 replies
  • Praise
Photo of tom sprtel
will a Heil pr781 work with a flex 6400?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark - WS7M
My own logging/control software - Why I love Flex
*** Warning - Long Read - Sorry I am a nerd.  Lets just get that out in the open first.Far more than operating I like building, creating...
  • 8 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ed N5DG
WSJT-X 1.9 Power drops off past 2500 Hz
I'm sure I have a setting wrong somewhere , Using Flex 6600 , ssdr V 2.3.9 , WSJT-X V 1.9.1 . I noticed today when moving the Red goal po...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill - W7DOC
6400 vs 6500
Hello all, newbie here.  I am interested in the 6400 and have seen the specs on the Flex website.  I see that there was a previous model,...
  • 1 me too
  • 21 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Why you need a PGXL?
The PGXL seems to be a superb advanced Amp capable of 1500W Key Down for extended periods of time which is totally integrated into the Fl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rex K0KP
Give us a Choice with the S Meter
Flex S Meter - I'm sure there are many users that would appreciate the ability to have the S meter work as it does in a traditional analo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 39 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of KB4OIF
6600M freezes when I key my HT.
Good morning Just got my DMR radio HT programmed last night.  Was listening to my net and I wanted to see if I can hit the repeater.  Her...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Don
receive audio to bassy
My receive audio on my 6400 has to much bass what can i do to improve the listening?. I am using a Heil pro set 4 plugged directly into t...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
Official Position on Adaptive Predistortion
Periodically the topic of Adaptive Predistortion comes up for discussion on this community.  Our team has been consistent in our position...
  • 15 me toos
  • 35 replies
  • Idea
Photo of James Whiteway
2.4.9 ANF
Improved/properly working ANF still nowhere to be found. Truly sad. So many basic things need work. Instead we get a multicolored S Met...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Remote control web server for SmartLink
I have been operating remote for years using VPN and various Remote Desktop solutions Now tha SmartLink is almost a reality it's time...
  • 7 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
Photo of David McDonald
Flex 6300 Remote SmartLink and Ipad
I am running the Flex 6300 at my house and Smartlink at work using my Ipad. The receive seems a little choppy even though my net connecti...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Doug - W5WTX
630m / 2200m using FLEX
Is anyone on 630m or 2200m using a FLEX?  Just wondering what equipment folks are using for transmitters and pros and cons of using a tra...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Val  DM1TX
Flex 6400 vs 6600
Is it worth the price difference for a non contester Ham? Are these models at base the same? First of all I seriously consider going for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer It seems like it...
  • 54 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea