Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 2004
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 64 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Wayne
WWV shutdown annonunced
So WWV is ending service but a feature of the new rigs and firmware/software is accurate freq calibration. So is flex going to provide an...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jeremy Gilbert KC1JZE
Why does the Flex 6600 need band preselectors?
I’m loving my 6600 - an incredible instrument! As I dig deeper and deeper into the documentation and try to learn the art of SDR signal ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave Egan
Flexradio and OCF 80-6m multi-band (Windom) - thoughts/experience?
Not yet an owner but seriously looking!I live in a deed restricted/hoa area so an attic antenna is path of least resistance.  Two story w...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
Official Position on Adaptive Predistortion
Periodically the topic of Adaptive Predistortion comes up for discussion on this community.  Our team has been consistent in our position...
  • 15 me toos
  • 35 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K1DBO
Slice Master 6000 v0.9.0 beta release
Every new program needs an exciting name... how does Slice Master 6000 sound to you?  Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I was playing wi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of W9ILY
For FT-8 TX Settings
I have the 6500 and would like to know if there are preferred TX equalizer settings for FT-8? Should it even be turned on?
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rex K0KP
Give us a Choice with the S Meter
Flex S Meter - I'm sure there are many users that would appreciate the ability to have the S meter work as it does in a traditional analo...
  • 3 me toos
  • 38 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Al Matthews
Hum on transmitted signal
I received my 6600 M today, and got right to familiarizing myself with it. I made a few quick contacts and I was told that there was hum...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tom W3FRG
Power Pole connectors
Each time I slide my 6600M forward a few inches the power Pole Connectors both fall out of their socket. They were inserted to their max,...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of WA2SQQ
Using my 6500 as a Frequency Counter
Need your opinion .. Working on some old radios that require PLL adjusting. It’s calling for a frequency adjustment within 25 hz. I’m no...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Geoff - W8GNM
Memorize TX bandwidth?
Is it possible to have the memory locations memorize the TX bandwidth with upper and lower limits for each memorized frequency?   This wo...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of John VK3XM
software power off switch
I have set up my 6600 with a remote power on via a web controlled AC power switch on the DC supply.  After the supply powers up there is ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Big Hammer
FIRST SDR - Brand New 6500 Owner: What do I need to purchase other than the box?
SDR Beginner - The 6500 is inbound, what should I buy to make it work great?
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark - WS7M
6600 back safe - A few panic moments
Hi all, After the fan issues Flex came through, replaced the fan and the 6600 arrived yesterday.  I turned it on and ran it overnight on...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of David Holmgren
Quality Microphone Audio
I think most people are lured into a Flex based upon how great they sound on the air.  I was in that camp so when I couldn't get mine to ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Doug - W5WTX
630m / 2200m using FLEX
Is anyone on 630m or 2200m using a FLEX?  Just wondering what equipment folks are using for transmitters and pros and cons of using a tra...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Harry Williams
Band Selection Does Not Open Slice
I just updated my 6700 to 2.0.19 from 1.10.16. I have discovered that when I click the 80M band button the slice flag goes away and frequ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of k9bm .
SSB Audio Oddity
Newbie with a 6400, playing the audio through my PC speakers over the LAN.  The SSB audio quality has a peculiarity that I find difficult...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of k9bm .
6400 Receive Antennas
Another new 6400 user dumb question:  When I bought this radio it claimed to have "2 independent receivers."  So I create 2 panadapters, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question