Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 81
Photo of Brent Parker
Best State of the Art Remote Rotator Controller
A group of us have placed a 6500 in our "club" room. It has a 3 El Yagi, with a 40 m dipole and a very old rotator. The controller is the...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Nelson
Android App Advance Orders ?
With Challenges facing the Android application I am willing see if I get a reaction here or rotten tomatoes thrown at me
  • 6 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of EA4AYW
Transverter 144 + 432 + Flex6500
Best regards to all. I recently purchased 2 trasverter. one for 144 and another for 432 of the Trasverter-store house. I already have the...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Flex withdrawal syndrome
I too had the dreaded fan problem and sent my 6300 in for repair. I was told that it might take 4 to 6 weeks for repair. So I had to hook...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
How to add remote CW contest capability to Flex-6000 without a remote PC
Flex-6000 series is a great contest radio. However, when running contests from a remote location (without a remote PC) present SDR softwa...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Gopro
New Sherwood 6700 and 6300 tests - 9 MONTH LATER
Hi everyone, It was stated before 9 month: Ween Rob returns from his vacation, I will send him the unmodified FLEX-6300 he was testing.  ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Question
Photo of N8KWX
SmartSDR "Retina" ready?
I am running a Mac with Windows 10 under BootCamp.  My display is "retina" -- 4096x2304 @ 21.5 inches. Windows 10 runs great with the 20...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
Will the new Visual Studio & .Net release for Mac allow FRS to build a SmartSDR Client for Mac?
Hello.   As Microsoft has acquired Xamarin and has now published their own fully supported version of Visual Studio environment and .net ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Don Stefanik
Remote operation with I-Pad not working
I have an I-Pad setup for Smart SDR remote. It works at home with the Wifi but will not Discover when Im at the shop away from home. The ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Roy Laufer
Multi-microphone switchbox being sold?
Hello, I have a number of different microphones, and I would like a simple way to switch between them for my 6700. I realize that I cou...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul
Marketing Idea
Not being an early adopter, nor an impulse buyer, I have been biding my time researching my next radio purchase. WAN remote is a must her...
  • 10 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Peter Bentley
FlexRadio and Apple OSx
I know this question has been asked several times before, but an update from the FlexRadio management would be helpful. The Windows oper...
  • 5 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bob Gerzoff, WK2Y
Can't get 2.0.19 started anymore
I am running a 6500 with Smart SDR 2.0.19.   I don't know what I did or why it happened but now when I go to start SmartSDR the only thin...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of John NY
SWL With my 6000 series radio
One thing that does not get much attention here on the forum is Short Wave Listening, The flex 6000 radios are amazing for SWL and soun...
  • 3 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Matt - KD5FGE
Maestro is officially back in stock!
FlexRadio is happy to announce that Maestro is now officially shipping from stock! Get yours on order today! Click here to purchase
  • 5 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steven Catani
Has anyone configured a Flex 6500 to work with ALE
I am trying to configure MARS ALE to work with my 6500. I get it to work but the relays in the radio are clicking like crazy... It's not ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill
Flex 6300: How can I Remotely Control the Base Radio Off and On?
I use my Flex-6300 in a remote location to avoid the QRM of the city and gain access to a better antenna.  This works great, as with the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry Williamson
Computer Speakers in Addition to the Flex
I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find much so here it goes. Sometimes I like to use the Flex's computer for othe...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of MichaelC
SmartSDR 1.11 Update
Does anyone have an estimated date that V1.11 will be released? Thanks, Mike W7WRJ https://www.qrzcq.com/call/W7WR
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of BA7NQ
SmartSDR v2 works great!
Just try SmartSDR v2, it work fine! Easy install and setup without read any manual. I try remote operate my office FLEX-6500 with iPhone ...
  • 9 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise