Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 333
Photo of John Kenney
Windows Gremlins - Alternatives?
Since purchasing my Flex 6400 I have spent just about as much time chasing Windows-related gremlins than I have using the radio. I'm gett...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rich - N5ZC
DXLab Commander and 2.4.9: Commander Rig Control Issue
When I upgraded to SmartSDR 2.4.9 it fixed the spot/receiver problem, however, I have now lost reliable frequency control between Smart...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of WA2SQQ
Audio Recording Software Recommendation
I've been asked to record a few nets that could go for 2-3 hours. I'm wondering what audio recording software will interface with DAX, an...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ed N5DG
where is the link to summit help with broke 6600
How do I summitt a help ticket ? Ed N5DG
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tom
External GPSDO products and projects
I use a 6500, have had it for about 2+ years and having a ball with it. I added a Jackson Labs GPSDO mainly just to be dead nuts balls ac...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of John W. Springman III
SmartSDR
I have SmartSDR 2.3.9 set up on my laptop and attempting to connect to the Flex 6600 we have at our tower site.  I have connected and use...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mitch
Feature Enhancement Request >> SmartSDR Soft Squelch
SmartSDR Soft Squelch Feature Request Definition is as follows:1) The feature would be available in all modes and individually configurab...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Milton Page
Feed back on transmit audio,on 6400
When transmitting, stations receiving my transmission report  what they describe as feedback in my audio. I had a station record me, and ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Richard Krawczyk
flex 5000a atu wanted
Hi anyone got a atu for sale for a flex 5000a , of know where i can pick one up.?  many thanks Richard.
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Zack Schindler
USB FTDI cable/null modem to SteppIR not talking
I bought a FTDI USB /Serial cable from Amazon made by Cable creation and one from UGreen. Plugged it into my 6400 and it was reconized by...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jon - KF2E
Dead Ethernet Port
Two days ago I turned on my radio and it never showed up in SSDR. I did a little troubleshooting and found I had no lights on the etherne...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Flashing red power button / Reboot problem
I just had the flashing red power button / reboot issue. I thought this was fixed in 2.33? Running 2.39 / 6400M. As best I remember this ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tony WV2C
2 METER TRANSVERTER OPTIONS
I would like to enjoy my 6500 on 2 meters working SSB, Digital and FM. I've seen a few posts out there but can anyone recommend a few Tra...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andrew Thall
Make a Linux compatible version of SmartSDR
A version of SmartSDR compatible with Linux would be welcome.  It would avoid all the problems with Windows updates and would be much mor...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of KENT HUFFORD
PLEASE fix the Buffer issue with DSTAR decoding
When the first WAVEFORM for DSTAR came out, and FLEX sold the ThumbDV/DV3000 it worked great. On 2m/440 with a Transverter, and also even...
  • 8 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
SSDR 2.3.7 "zoom to Segment" & VE7CC spot support
@Steve H., I jotted some notes at the Flex dinner about V2.3 features.   Questions: 1 - don't see the "zoom to segment" segment in V2.3....
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dean
6500 schematic
Where can I find a diagram?
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Mike
6600 unexpected shutdown
I have now seen two shutdowns of my 6600. No warning just a flash of a red light and then the radio resets? What is happening?
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill-W9OL
Why does a Flex6K take so long to qsy, when I click on SpotCollector Cluster Spot?
I obviously have something wrong. DXLabs Suite with Flex6K. I click on a cw cluster spot, go get a Coke, eat a slice of pie, and MAYBE t...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B
Transmitter RF getting into ethernet
I had a problem in the past using an antenna that resulted in enough CM to interrupt the ethernet communications with the Flex. I did two...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved