Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 53
Photo of K1ESE
DAX and N1MM+ Problem
I am setting up for the CQ WW SSB contest.  The setup I used with SmartSDR v2.3.9 is not working in v2.4.9. The setup is a 6300 at a rem...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ed N5DG
Trouble with SSB , must go to CW and back to SSB for SSB to work
Flex 6600 dos not transmit in SSB mode until I change to CW , tape the paddle and then change back to SSB ... Now I can use SSB .! The sa...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mike Kasrich
N1MM+ cw delay with N1MM+ and 2.3.9
I am using SSDR 2.3.9 and the current version of N1MM+. Yesterday in NAQP cw I noticed "random delays" when sending exchanges, calling CQ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
Photo of K1ESE
SmartSDR v2.4.9 and Maestro RIT
SmartSDR v2.4.9 when using the Maestro, pushing the Slice A RX button used to allow the slice B knob to be an RIT control.  Since upgrade...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
Smartlink, N1MM+ and CW
I have several setup questions about using SmartLink with N1MM+ and CW in a contest.  Assume a Flex 6500 at a remote site with big ante...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
Linksys E3000 Bufferbloat
My Linksys E3000 router has bufferbloat.  Testing at - http://www.dslreports.com/faq/toolquestion/2_Speed_Test#17930 gave my router a b...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
FlexControl Changes Functions
My FlexControl knob changes functions on its own.  My buttons are AUX 1 = Slice AF, AUX 2 = AGC-T, AUX 3 = RIT, main knob = Tune Slice.  ...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Duane, AC5AA
2018 Dayton Flex Dinner Events - Reminder please?
For those of use who may be planning to be at one or both dinner events this year, and purchased tickets a while back,  how about a remin...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of KB4OIF
wireless headphones for flex 6400M.
OK.  Is there a wireless headphone that can be paired with the 6400M. I her folks talking about it but have not been able to find info.
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K1ESE
Flex 6700 and N1MM+ At Remote Location
Two of us want to use a Flex6700 at a remote location for a contest.  We will use SmartLink to make the remote connection.  We will take ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
Best Ethernet Switch for Maestro, 6500?
Since getting a Maestro I occasionally have my 6500 lock up in transmit mode during long CW QSOs.  This happens on several bands and at l...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of AH0U
Proper remote shutdown
I currently rum my 6700 on the LAN at home but now configuring it to run remote.  At home I can push the power button and after the rig d...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Is Flex Winkeyer emulation changing when remoting so N1MM does not work properly
During Russian DX Contest I was working with Maestro and N1MM over a remote connection to my 6700. But I could not get N1MM to work prop...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chuck
6700/N1MM No Audio coming from DVK to 6700
I am trying to set up DVK with N1MM and 6700.  I have a CAT port set up and have Logger+ Playback set to "DAX Audio TX" and "Internal Rad...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bob  KN4HH
How to remote control a AT-Auto tuner while direct connected to a Flex 6500
I have a Flex 6500 direct connected, via the Flex USB ports, to a SPE 1.3K amplifier and a AT-Auto (Don Kessler model) antenna tuner. Th...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Zack Schindler
List of Third-Party Software written specifically for use with SmartSDR – am I missing any?
Below is the best list that I can come up with of third-party software written specifically for use with SmartSDR. Are there any that I a...
  • 3 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Torrey Mitchell
Panadapter tracing-fill new option with new rigs?
I see, in both the Quick Start" and full manuals for the the 6600/6400M, that the panadapter tracing is filled in below in several of the...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lewis Cheek
SPE Expert Amp 1.3k FA QSK/QRQ
Anyone using the Expert 1.kk FA with high speed full break-in, and if so how well does it perform, where does it ( speed) fail to switch,...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1ESE
N1MM+ VOX and Monitor
Getting ready for CQ WW SSB.  I have recorded WAV files and assigned them to function keys in N1MM+.  All is working well with one except...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question