Conversations

Photo of W9ILY
N1MM+ and CW Skimmer - again
I'm still trying to get Skimmer to populate the entry box in N1MM+. The calls appear on my 6500 panadapter fine and when I click on t...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Dave Gipson
CWSkimmer and 6600M setup
I have the following software and equipment:Dedicated WIN-7 DesktopFlex-6600MSmartSDR 2.3.9.112SMartSDR CAT serial port 4 & TCP port 5002...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of W9ILY
DAX Audio-again
I am using SmartSDR 2.3.9.112 with my 6500. I encountered a DAX driver error and did several uninstall/install routines along with having...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of W9ILY
For FT-8 TX Settings
I have the 6500 and would like to know if there are preferred TX equalizer settings for FT-8? Should it even be turned on?
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W9ILY
Audio popping in 2.3.7
After upgrading to 2.3.7 I have noticed loud "pops" when receiving CW and at the same time the SmartSDR display pauses. This is quite ran...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of W9ILY
Spots not in 2.3.9
I just upgraded to 2.3.9 and the spots that were appearing in 2.3.7 are no longer being received. The Telnet connection is feeding spots ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
Photo of henrylance
Case fan noise
Just wondering ??  After 5 months of living with a Flex 6500 and Maestro,  I have gotten use to all the quirks that happen and the long l...
  • 1 me too
  • 25 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W9ILY
Is there still a 6500 User Guide?
I failed to download a 6500 User Guide and can no longer find it online. Is it still available and where can it be found?
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kent Olsen
Lockup after upgrade to v2.1.32
Radio: Flex-6500 SSDR: V2.1.32 Operating system: Win10 Pro 64 bit 2 Times now after walking out of the shack and walking back in, the co...
  • 5 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of W9ILY
Pops and snaps in Maestro audio after upgrade to 2.1.32
I upgraded to SSDR 2.1.32 and all is well except when accessing the Flex 6500 with the Maestro I notice random snaps and pops in the audi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry Williamson
WSPR & Cat Control
Hello, I have WSPR up and running fine however I have yet to be able to get the cat control to connect to the rig. I have WSJT-X working ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Randy
Unusual problem with FT8
Having problems using WSJTX's FT8.  Works fine on 20 meters, but will not work on 40 meters or 80 meters.  Have not tried on any other ba...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of IW7DMH, Enzo
Morse code timing issue during CQWW CW
Hello, during the last CQWW-CW contest I had a frustrating issue with my 6300. It happened a lot of times that the radio sent bad timed ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM
Welcome to the 2017-2018 contest season with the Flex 6000 series radio
Greetings Flex Radio Community.  Well as you can see, with the kickoff of CQWW RTTY last weekend the 2017-18 contest season is upon us.  ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mike Hoing
N1MMLOGGER+ RTTY issues 6700 gritty 2toje and MTTY
Anyone else having statue crashes with latest N1MMLoggerplus and Flex versions 1,x. We have lost radio connection 3 time this contest am...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of W9ILY
Auto Switch TX Disable control not functioning
When I am operating using RTTY with my 6500 and try to operate split, the transmit slice is always Slice A. Even if I disable the Auto Sw...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W9ILY
QSK button on CWX display
I am a new 6500 user. After having read the various documents about QSK, I am wondering exactly what purpose the QSK button on the CWX di...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question