Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 99
Photo of Jim Runge
Power Genius back light LEDs very dim
The leds that produce the red, green,yellow backlight on the Power Genius are very dim  I have the intensity turned up all the way.  I ca...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tim - W4TME
Where is the best place to locate the GPS antenna?
A GPS antenna needs to have a good view of the sky in order to obtain a satellite signal lock. Ideally, a full 360 degree obstructed view...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gastonet
SmartSDR v2.3.7 doesn't obey Max. Power Limit
Since updated to SmartSDR v2.3.7 my 6500 doesn't obey the Max Power limit. I had it on 20 watts but in operation allows me to go up to 10...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette
Advantages of the built in ATU ?
Hi folks, Have not placed an order yet, as I am still sifting through information. Is there any advantage to the build-in ATU ? I have a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Power Genius XL Configuration Question
I completed the setup and configuration of my new PG XL (connected to my Flex 6500M/Laptop SmartSDR 2.3.7) as described in the user manua...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Matt (K0KB)
PowerGenius & Smart SDR integration
I received my PGXL yesterday and set it up last night.  The implementation was VERY quick, so props to the crews on that.  So far it seem...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ron W4RDM
Power Genius XL on 403a website
It's a beauty.... http://www.4o3a.com/power-genius-xl/
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
RF Sensing added to Powergenius
A bit of news from the 4O3A Facebook page to break the monotony while we wait ........ Ranko Boca May 23 New modes for band change added...
  • HCampbell WB4IVF, 2 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Juan TG9AJR
PEN email not working
With the A/D Heat Sink issues I got an email and with it was this parragraph: "A dedicated email address has been set up to assist with t...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
Bnc to SO239 adapter Issues on 6600m
Ok strange problem here. I am using a W6LVP Loop in an RV. Went to hook it up to RX1 on 6600m. No receive. Tried all four BNC connectors ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ray DeVreugd
Power Genius XL 220 Breaker Size
Installing 220 outlet for Power Genius. Have noted from forum that max load is 20 amps @ 220V. What breaker size should be used? 20 amp? ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
Meandering Line "Square Wave Beverage" Antenna for 160 meters?
Hi, I’ve been evaluating options for a low noise receive antenna for 160 meters.  The standard answer is of course the age old reliable ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Larry Scantlan
5000a is not showing output when transmitting...
Well, I received my microphone adapter so I can hook up my Heil headset.  I attached my foot switch and it appears to be working...at le...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Paul
Noise blanker setting not saved when changing mode
Hi, after a few years of research/fence sitting I finally bought a used 6500 (no 6600 due to the lack of RX loop, which I need). I am usi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Richard
PowerGenius Shipping Update
It has been basically a month since the Orlando Hamfest and over a year since I put down $1000 Cash on the PowerGenius XL Amplifier.  The...
  • 3 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
PG XL and Tuner Genius News from 4O3A Forum
Hello Ak4ZJR, 2nd production run of Power Genius XL is expected to appear in FlexRadio in May 2018. We expect to ship Tuner Geniu...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Power Genius XL Power Connector?
There was some uncertainty a few months back on the PG XL power connector:   https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/no-r...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bob Gerzoff, WK2Y
I am back to owning a brick.
So yesterday, MS forced 1709 down my throat.  I tried to stop it 10 different ways from Sunday, but low and behold when I booted up this ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Rich - N5ZC
PowerGenius Tuner
Has the tuner debuted at the Flex Booth.  If yes how about a pic. Thanks Rich - N5ZC
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Marotti
Tuner Genius Cost and Release Date
So I am seriously considering a Power Genius XL, supposedly to be released in "Early 2018" according to the website.  But there seems to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question