Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 109
Photo of N8SDR
6400 versus 6400M what cant the M model do that he standard 6400 can with a PC
Looking for the difference between operations of a NON M model versus an M model. Have a couple friends interested in the 6000 series rig...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of DJ1WT
6k7 vs. 6k6
What is the reason for the differente in test Resultat measured by Rob Sherwood? Rolf
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Flex Insider PG XL Update 9/8/18
In case you haven’t seen the 9/8/18 Flex Insider PG XL update, here it is:  Dear Power Genius XL customers,  In our last update we...
  • HCampbell WB4IVF, 2 weeks ago

• 3 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
Legal Limit Solid State Amp - SPE 2K-FA, KPA-1500 or ??
Looking at solid state legal limit amps with integrated tuner for use with 6700. The SPE 2K-FA and recently introduced Elecraft KPA-1500 ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Marotti
Any update on resuming PGXL deliveries?
It's been about 2 months since they stopped shipping, so I was just wondering,  I ordered mine in March, and I know there are many others...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter K1PGV
Remote Antenna Disconnect?
Prior to the advent of SSDR for iOS, I've always run SSDR from my shack.  My routine has been to connect my antenna, turn on the Astron, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Why I chose Power Genius XL & First Impressions
 I just replied to a question I received about my impressions of the PG XL.  Thought I’d share my thoughts with the group so below are ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of John - K3MA
Power Genius XL Amplifier Noise
Below I have copied with permission some information on the cooling of the RF-Kit 2K+ amplifier.  It uses a pair of LDmos finals and prod...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of k9bm .
6400 Receive Antennas
Another new 6400 user dumb question:  When I bought this radio it claimed to have "2 independent receivers."  So I create 2 panadapters, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
Photo of haruo nishimura
I am looking for a block diagram of FLEX - 6500.
When applying for an extension license of FLEX - 6500 in Japan, a block diagram with device name written for each block is required.Is th...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andy - KU7T
Limiting to 100W more accurately?
Hi, My 6600M seems to be all over the place with output power. It depends on antenna, temperature, and else... My external W2 watt meter ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette
Advantages of the built in ATU ?
Hi folks, Have not placed an order yet, as I am still sifting through information. Is there any advantage to the build-in ATU ? I have a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jim Runge
Power Genius back light LEDs very dim
The leds that produce the red, green,yellow backlight on the Power Genius are very dim  I have the intensity turned up all the way.  I ca...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tim - W4TME
Where is the best place to locate the GPS antenna?
A GPS antenna needs to have a good view of the sky in order to obtain a satellite signal lock. Ideally, a full 360 degree obstructed view...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gastonet
SmartSDR v2.3.7 doesn't obey Max. Power Limit
Since updated to SmartSDR v2.3.7 my 6500 doesn't obey the Max Power limit. I had it on 20 watts but in operation allows me to go up to 10...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Power Genius XL Configuration Question
I completed the setup and configuration of my new PG XL (connected to my Flex 6500M/Laptop SmartSDR 2.3.7) as described in the user manua...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Matt (K0KB)
PowerGenius & Smart SDR integration
I received my PGXL yesterday and set it up last night.  The implementation was VERY quick, so props to the crews on that.  So far it seem...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ron W4RDM
Power Genius XL on 403a website
It's a beauty.... http://www.4o3a.com/power-genius-xl/
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
RF Sensing added to Powergenius
A bit of news from the 4O3A Facebook page to break the monotony while we wait ........ Ranko Boca May 23 New modes for band change added...
  • HCampbell WB4IVF, 4 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Juan TG9AJR
PEN email not working
With the A/D Heat Sink issues I got an email and with it was this parragraph: "A dedicated email address has been set up to assist with t...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem