Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 60
Photo of Greg
Antenna persistence
I notice sometimes when I close down SSDR and restart it (usually the next day) the antenna selection is not the same as when it closed. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg
reset kills profiles
Resetting the radio's database during power on also erases any saved profiles and saved CWX messages. Profiles and messages should not ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Greg
Noise floor issues again
Started having the noise floor issues again today.  On 20M with preamp off my NF is usually around -110 to -115 dB.  I was on 6M on one s...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Greg
QSK?
What happened to QSK.  I have delay set to zero but I hear lots of audio popping while sending..not just the rx noise.  Happens with zero...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Greg
AGC threshold persistence
Is anyone else having an issue with AGC-T persistence?  This should be by band.  But anytime I turn the radio on it seems like AGC-T is b...
  • 4 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Greg
6700 Timeout
Today when I turned on the radio it got stuck in calibration mode then displayed TIMEOUT.  Did this twice.  Pulling the power then reconn...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Greg
Monitoring DAX audio
This is not really a question rather an observation. I know right now monitoring (MON) the DAX tx audio is not available.  But.... Duri...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Greg
SmartCat and Win8
Frustration at its finest.  As usual I am unable to install SmartCat on my Win8 system.  Went fine on the Win7 computer.  I have tried ab...
  • 1 me too
  • 24 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg
DAX IQ CONNECTIONS
I suffer from the high noise floor problem which pretty much makes things useless.  To correct I have to shut down SSDR and reboot the ra...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Greg
Shutdown process
I have not seen this posted before so figured I should note this issue. A couple times lately when I shutdown by pressing the power butt...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Greg
Threshold settings
I often find when I go to a new slice that the noise level is very high.  I open the audio controls on the slice and just nudge the thres...
  • Greg, 5 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg
NF raises when TX
When transmitting on 10M this evening trying to work FT5ZM the entire NF jumps from about -128 dB up to -70 while transmitting with multi...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Greg
MON function
Please add more gain to the MON function.  I have to turn it ALL the way up and can barely hear myself in my headphones.  Needs quite a b...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Greg
CW Filter display
Quite often when opening a new slice and mode is CW the filter passband is wrong.  Comes up as a USB filter.  Have to change mode to some...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Greg
SSDR crashing
Been having issues with SSDR crashing and non responsive while opening multiple pan adapters. 6700 and Win7 Greg
  • Greg, 5 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg
Tuning bug?
While setting up a few panadapters to watch for FT5ZM pileups (got them on 160 this morning) a ran into a tuning problem.  I have one sli...
  • Greg, 5 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg
High Noise Floor II
The help desk site is not working right now so I wanted to document this here.  Again I have the High  Noise floor issue here and had to ...
  • Greg, 5 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of Greg
Sensitivity
I noticed with only four panadapters open, each about 100-150 kHz wide, the noise floor is between 100-90 dB.  If I set the preamp to 20d...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem