Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 116
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
My thoughts on FT8
I have never been a blogger but I guess it is never too late in life to become one in the Internet age.  As most of you know, FT8 has exp...
  • 12 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Barry Young
Mic Headset options for Flex Radio 6400
Best Headset Mic Options for Flex Radio 6400. Just wondering what Headset Mic options are avaliable for the Flex 6400. Thanks
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rich - N5ZC
DXLab Commander and 2.4.9: Commander Rig Control Issue
When I upgraded to SmartSDR 2.4.9 it fixed the spot/receiver problem, however, I have now lost reliable frequency control between Smart...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Alex - DH2ID
Microsoft has stopped the 1809 update and warned not to install it manually
Quoting MS: "We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated rep...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Windows 10 Fall Update
For those who rush in where angels fear to tread :) Windows 10 fall update version 1809 17767.1 is available. Of course, as always it is...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
2.4.9 spots
After upgrading to 2.4.9 spots became sporadic.  They would work for a while and then disappear.  I use spot collector in DXSuite. A rest...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Noise
For the past week I have been getting sporadic noise on 17 and 20 meters (20 The worst).  It lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
Official Position on Adaptive Predistortion
Periodically the topic of Adaptive Predistortion comes up for discussion on this community.  Our team has been consistent in our position...
  • 15 me toos
  • 35 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Rich McCabe
AMP TX delay setting for new LA-1K
I just took delivery on a new Palstar LA-1K amp.  I remember reading somewhere that HRO had some recommended TX delay settings and I thou...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
power-genius Inter Mod
I can't seem to find the Inter Mod spec for Power-Genius.Anybody know? Secondarily what is a good IMD number? 
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
dual receiver setup Flex 6500
I am attempting to set up the dual receivers on my 6500 so one antenna will point at ANT1 Tx1 and the other to be setup for ANT2 Tx2. If ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette
Advantages of the built in ATU ?
Hi folks, Have not placed an order yet, as I am still sifting through information. Is there any advantage to the build-in ATU ? I have a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
SPOTS ROCK!!!!
I had the opportunity to use the spot feature in traffic today for the first time.  THEY ROCK All I had to do was point at the little bl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Pat N6PAT
Ability to bring up QRZ when clicking on a spot
For the next SSDR release how about adding the ability to bring up operator info from QRZ when clicking on a displayed spot. Right now ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Dean
I know that there is diagnostics that can be displayed on the 6500 led screen. Is there anywhere that gives a comprensive list of the codes?
I know that there is diagnostics that can be displayed on the 6500 led screen. Is there anywhere that gives a comprensive list of the codes?
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gastonet
SmartSDR v2.3.7 doesn't obey Max. Power Limit
Since updated to SmartSDR v2.3.7 my 6500 doesn't obey the Max Power limit. I had it on 20 watts but in operation allows me to go up to 10...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KK9W - Steve
Smart SDR losing connection to radio
This is the third time now with version 2.3.7 that I get the message Smart SDR lost connection to radio. When you click on OK to restart ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Gene - K3GC
spot display with ssdr 2.3.7
I have installed ssdr 2.3.7 with no problems on my 6500.  I run DXsuite with spot collector installed. Spots are enabled, "display calls ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador
Spot Setting Menu / Scroll Wheel
When I open the Spot Settings window I cannot use the scroll wheel in the mouse to move the slider.
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged