Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 95
Photo of John n0snx
Is there any reason the 6000 series radio should not be ran 24/7???
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rob Monsipapa
Looking for AMP suggestions for my 6600M I just ordered
I am wondering what AMPs people are using with their 6600M. I just ordered mine at the Yuma Hamfest, will get it in 6-8 weeks so I have...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Inrad M628 for sale
Inrad 628 with  Foster 8 pin adapter for sale for $35 - perfect condition. It is listed on E-bay with pics.
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Barry Young
Mic Headset options for Flex Radio 6400
Best Headset Mic Options for Flex Radio 6400. Just wondering what Headset Mic options are avaliable for the Flex 6400. Thanks
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
usb to serial adapter
I have two usb to serial adapters both of which have the FTDI chipset.  Both of them work when plugged in to the shack Win10 PC. One work...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Richard Hubbard
Flex 6500
Is it worth buying a Flex 6500 or should I wait for the 6600? Will the 6500 get discontinued?
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
1/8 powered jack too loose
Is it possible to  tighten the 1/8 speaker plug on the back of the radio.  On my 6500 it is sloppy to the point where it will barely hold...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
GPSDO For Sale
I have a GPSDO for sale. It came with a 6500 I just bought and since I work only HF it is redundant to my needs. I would like to get $550...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of henrylance
Case fan noise
Just wondering ??  After 5 months of living with a Flex 6500 and Maestro,  I have gotten use to all the quirks that happen and the long l...
  • 1 me too
  • 25 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 33 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry Scantlan
Wanted to buy
I've been a licensed amateur since 1982 and an IT professional for over 40 years.  I retired 4 years ago and now finally have the time I'...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
sdr monitor vs DDUtil
I just installed the little sdr monitor utility and I noticed a discrepancy between the voltage it shows and that shown by DDUtil . SDRMo...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Tx Delay persistence - lack of
I just got a Palstar LA-1K solid state amplifier (fantastic amp, by the way).  The dealer recommends a Tx Delay setting of 30 ms.  No pro...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
XLR4 with 6500
Several of the microphones I am considering are XLR4.  I know the 6500 is OK with the XLR3 but will it accept the XLR4? Thanks
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
ameritron als 606 with 6300
I am considering the purchase of an Ameritron als 606. I have not been able to find a specific band data cable to connect the als 606 to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Microphone Mystery
I recently got a Heil Pro7.  In general it seems to do a really good job with many positive reports. In a number of DX contacts the DX s...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Flex withdrawal syndrome
I too had the dreaded fan problem and sent my 6300 in for repair. I was told that it might take 4 to 6 weeks for repair. So I had to hook...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ross Biggar
Controlling a SteppIR SDA Controller
I note a number of very useful comments about controlling the SDA100 using DDUTIL, I have an S12 cable, but I cannot get the pc to connec...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mike
Flex6300 dual channel usage with transverter and different band on the panadapter
Hi, i am new to my Flex6300 and got the transverter for 2m VHF+ (on XVTR). Running fine and now i wanted to use a panadapter on the 80m H...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
How do I connect Tokyo HIgh Power HL 1.5KFX to the Flex 6700
Could one of you QRO folk who happen to have a THP HL-1.5KFX provide me with connection details to my new Flex 6700.  With the Yaesu it i...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered