Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 33
Photo of Stan - VA7NF
Front End Protection
How does the antenna switching work between Transceiver Antenna Port 1, SCU-A RF Input, and SCU-A RX Loop Output? I have the 6700 so th...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fred GLENN
Smartlink no longer connects
I set up SmartLink on my new 6600 and all was working well. My brother (K2OC) tested it from 1900 miles away in Arizona and was able to l...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Fred GLENN
6600 noise levels +10dB higher on my new 6600 vs. my older 6500
During testing of my brand new 6600, I see a higher noise floor than I had on my 6500. With no antenna connected (unterminated), a 400Hz ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Barry Young
Flex-6400 best way to do a Split
What is the best way to accomplish a split? Also I have a Maestro. Need to do splits on that as well. New to SDR... version 2.39
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Greg
CW sidetone
Does anyone have any idea when the CW sidetone will be available to monitor via DAX so it can be monitored remotely? 73 Greg AB7R
  • 4 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wayne Westfield
When will my new PowerGenius-XL \Ship? Track Yours Here!!
I thought I would start a thread where we can all track our order numbers and report back when one of us gets notification that theirs is...
  • 1 me too
  • 50 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Fred GLENN
Maestro sidetone startup issue after 1.11.12 install
Ever since a recent upgrade to 1.11.12, the local Maestro CW sidetone is disabled on restart of the device. Sidetone is restored by only ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of John G3WGV
API Primer - a work in progress
I mentioned in a post on another thread that I had done some initial work on an API primer, mainly as a way of corralling my own learning...
  • 10 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Matt - KD5FGE
PowerGenius XL pallets shipping to Austin!
The first pallets of PowerGenius XL amplifiers are on their way to Austin! http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/powergenius-xl/
  • 3 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Marv
I'd like a CI-V or similar interface for the FLEX-6000
I presently use an ICOM-7600 in conjunction with a CI-V interface. This tracks the frequency, timestamp, ETC which I utilize for my logg...
  • 4 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Fred GLENN
Magic fingers
There are rare times when my 6500 needs to be reset. I mean factory reset.  This requires a physical button push of the front panel butto...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Fred GLENN
CAT v1.11.12 can select radios now!
I'm just catching up with my upgrades, but I just noticed that SmartSDR CAT v.1.11.12 included the new feature allowing us to select betw...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark WS7M
Remote Control - My Progress
Hi All, One of my fun things about this hobby and things in generally is the setup, preparing for control, etc. One of the reasons I li...
  • 4 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Michael Reid
What is the origin of the “pseudonoise” shown in the 2nd screenshot? Thanks, Mike, K6DRY
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fred GLENN
Reboot possible from a remote operation?
I've lost audio on my remote (VPN) 6500 both via my PC and my Maestro. My local 6500 via LAN works fine with both interfaces. Everything ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fred GLENN
Noise floor pumping with strong signals elsewhere on the band
I just got my second 6500 on the air. I notice the 40m noise floor moving up and down 5-10db when strong signals are on the band (~S9+). ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Fred GLENN
Can I force SmartSDR CAT to connect to particular radios?
I operate 6500's at two different sites and use SmartSDR CAT for various functions. Is there  any way to force SmartSDR CAT to connect to...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Beppe IK3VIG
Has anybody tried Remote via VPN?
Hi, as in picture: I do not remember ever having read anything on the forum about it. But I could be wrong.... 73 Beppe ik3vig
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Don
maestro cw problem
Has anyone had thier Maestro stop transmitting in cw while in a qso. Mine has done the 3 times now. While in a qso it just stops transmi...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
2017 HamCation Flex interview on ARVN n #301
Flex radio Tim W4TME and Don K7HX were interviewed by Ham Radio Now in episode Number 301. Here is the web address https://www.youtube.co...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise