Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 397
Photo of George  N1GB
Looking for power supply recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a power supply for my (soon to be) Flex 6400.
  • 1 me too
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jim Osterling
Win 10 or win 7?
New to the Flex system. Have recently ordered the 6600 and shipping is in the April timeframe. I'm getting ready by reading the forum to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 27 replies
  • Question
Photo of Stephen Hawkins NG0G
FlexRadio hats????
Where are FlexRadio hats?  In the apparel section there are only polo shirts, and coffee cups. I was a little surprised one did not come ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tommy Teague
Best Practices for Installing a New Version of FlexRadio Systems SmartSDR for Windows YouTube
I hope this YouTube on How to Upgrade SmartSDR for Windows can help others.  
  • 3 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Kent Olsen
Lockup after upgrade to v2.1.32
Radio: Flex-6500 SSDR: V2.1.32 Operating system: Win10 Pro 64 bit 2 Times now after walking out of the shack and walking back in, the co...
  • 5 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of John Kludt
The Importance of The Manuals
I was once accused of not being a "real ham" because I have always read the manuals for my equipment.  I started with Flex with a 1500 an...
  • 8 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Tim - W4TME
Please welcome Michael, VA3MW as Community Mayor Pro Tem
Starting tomorrow afternoon, I will be taking a temporary medical leave of absence for several weeks and Michael, VA3MW will be the Commu...
  • 8 me toos
  • 56 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Richard
Flex-6700 With Ameritron Automatic Antenna Switch RCS-12
Has anyone had success incorporating the Ameritron RCS-12 with the Flex 6K Line?  Seen some posts that basically say "Should" but none th...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dennis Daniel KM6DF
Verizon Mifi 7730l Hotspot will not work with Flex apps or software
I can not get Smartlink to work through my new Verizon Mifi 7730l. I can get Smartlink to work fine on my Samsung 5S perfectly so I know ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of K1DBO
Slice Master 6000 v0.9.18 supports DM780 and HRD TCP listeners
It's not just for CW Skimmer anymore.  Since Slice Master 6000 was introduced a few weeks ago its functionality has grown along with it's...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Peter Fullmer
RTTY Split with DM780 and Flex 6400
    First time Flex owner with a 6400.  When operating split and the split is greater then what I can see on the DM780 screen, looking fo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of AH0U
internet speed for maestro
What internet speeds does the Maestro need to work satisfactorily???
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Art - N4QNT
The best $2K radio I ever owned
Flex 6400
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Reggie-k6xr
In the serial number of the radio's, can one tell where in the order your rig was made?
Does the serial number tell where in line your rig was made, or is that not for public eyes!
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ray DeVreugd
SmartSDR Software Users Guide with Bookmarks
Hello All - For some time I have tried to read the SmartSDR User Guide but found it hard to skim thru the pages to find the topic or ente...
  • 6 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of David Decoons wo2x
Customize RX filters (right click & configure)
Hi All,I was talking to the guys from Flex this weekend at the ARRL Centennial convention the subject was brought up about future ability...
  • 36 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Keith Schlottman
FHM-1 won't PTT Maestro but VOX works
My Maestro has been working well remoting from my office to home with CW, so I decided to set it up for SSB.  Rather than use a fancy mic...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of K1DBO
HRD DM780 and multiple instances
I've been trying to run multiple instances of DM780 each against a different slice.  I have the connectivity down but I dont understand h...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of N3NER
Warranty transfer problem, not good business.
I have been a LONG time supporter of Flex (many many years) and I have had just about every radio they made.  I recently had a problem wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Bob Wright, N7ZO
CW on SSB modes
With the recent sporadic E openings on 6 meters, I find I miss a feature I had on my K3 which is the ability to transmit CW while in USB...
  • 28 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration