Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 407
Photo of Robbie - KI4TTZ
HT running SmartSDR (would be very neat)
I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.  Think about it, a HT that basically looks like a smartphone (iphone/samsung form factor) running...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve N4LQ
Keeping the 6300 quiet and cool
I bought this laptop cooler at Big Lots for $10 and sat the 6300 on it. The case temp dropped 5 degrees and the internal fan never kicks ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
Photo of David Decoons wo2x
Customize RX filters (right click & configure)
Hi All,I was talking to the guys from Flex this weekend at the ARRL Centennial convention the subject was brought up about future ability...
  • 39 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Tilman D Thulesius
Running remote
Hi there folks. Im trying to find deep detail technical specifications on the technology used for running a 6x00_series radio. Specifica...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
Official Position on Adaptive Predistortion
Periodically the topic of Adaptive Predistortion comes up for discussion on this community.  Our team has been consistent in our position...
  • 15 me toos
  • 35 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Big Hammer
FIRST SDR - Brand New 6500 Owner: What do I need to purchase other than the box?
SDR Beginner - The 6500 is inbound, what should I buy to make it work great?
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Holmgren
Quality Microphone Audio
I think most people are lured into a Flex based upon how great they sound on the air.  I was in that camp so when I couldn't get mine to ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Idea
Photo of philip.theis
Anyone need a 6700 rack kit?
I have a 6700 rack kit that is in excess of my needs.  Half the Flex price shipped to lower 48 email to phil@k3tuf.com Thanks Phil TUF
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
QST Review Comparing the ANAN To Flex-6x00 Radio
My letter to the editor and writer of QST October 2015 edition. Hi Martin(AA6E), Regarding: QST October 2015 Edition Product: Apache La...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ
Announcement - Flex Net - Podcast change
Due to Livestream.com  dropping free video cast,   I have moved the podcast to YouTube channel..  For now,  it is on my channel,    "  WA...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Matt - KD5FGE
WRTC is coming!
WRTC is coming and there are at least 4 teams using FlexRadios! N4YDU, N3KS DL2CC, DK9IP E73A, 4O3A ES5TV, ES2RR Good luck teams! ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Amlan - AI6XN
A conversation needed pre purchase
I am moving into Flex 6600M from being an avid ICOM 7610 user and I feel for people like us, the first time converts to flex,there should...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Robert Lonn
SmartSDR v2.3.7 Now Available, Thanks Flex
Like getting a New Radio!!
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Salty Z
flex 6300 and JtalertX
flex 6300; latest software for JtalertX, WJSTx to use this setup dax audio tx is the default playback device in win10 and specified in ou...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of George  N1GB
Looking for power supply recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a power supply for my (soon to be) Flex 6400.
  • 1 me too
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jim Osterling
Win 10 or win 7?
New to the Flex system. Have recently ordered the 6600 and shipping is in the April timeframe. I'm getting ready by reading the forum to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 27 replies
  • Question
Photo of Stephen Hawkins NG0G
FlexRadio hats????
Where are FlexRadio hats?  In the apparel section there are only polo shirts, and coffee cups. I was a little surprised one did not come ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tommy Teague
Best Practices for Installing a New Version of FlexRadio Systems SmartSDR for Windows YouTube
I hope this YouTube on How to Upgrade SmartSDR for Windows can help others.  
  • 3 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Kent Olsen
Lockup after upgrade to v2.1.32
Radio: Flex-6500 SSDR: V2.1.32 Operating system: Win10 Pro 64 bit 2 Times now after walking out of the shack and walking back in, the co...
  • 5 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of John Kludt
The Importance of The Manuals
I was once accused of not being a "real ham" because I have always read the manuals for my equipment.  I started with Flex with a 1500 an...
  • 8 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Praise