Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 129
Photo of Al Reeves
HELP - FT8CALL setup
Looking to try the new FT8CALL mode.  So far I have not been able to get it to work with my 6300.  The 6300 is setup and works well on FT...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ed, K0KC
SmartSDR 2.3.9 Network Disconnect
I appreciate the work that has gone into this latest release, but I can report that it apparently has not solved my random disconnect...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ed, K0KC
60 Meter Problems
I occasionally operate FT8 using WSJT-X on 60 meters, but I have not done so for at least a half-year or so. I am running the latest Smar...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Roy Laufer
SmartSDR 2.3.7 - It's Deja Vu All Over again, and again...
We gotta stop meeting like this... Well, I didn't see any problems mentioned with 2.3.7, so I took it for "a spin"... Guess what? I ge...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of ON5AM
No DAX
Hello I have a big problem at startup. This window appears when windows 7 is started. I reinstalled SMART-SDR latest version. Can you hel...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Tony Hateley
mfj magnetic loop
hi,I was thinking of getting a mfj magnetic loop to go with my 6500,as im restricted with what I can put up at my qth,was wondering if an...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Tutorial Video: Using Full Duplex Mode to Monitor Transmit Audio During Adjustment
This is my first Audio/Visual Tutorial on the Flex-6000 Series I hope it is helpful. If you like it, I will make more on other subjects. ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
Hurrican Irma effects
As you know Hurricane Irma struck; the Northwestern side of Florida.  My family and I evacuated by order of the Governor and the Count...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ed, K0KC
WSJT-X Release Candidate 2 Available
I do not recall seeing this announcement on the Flex Community yet. I strongly recommend that FT8 users upgrade to this release candidate...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET
Router Setup for SmartSDR Remote Operation Using SmartSDR iOS
I've almost got everything working between my iPhone remotely back to the FLEX-6500 station. Everything works fine as long as I am within...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET
One-Way Comms with Version 2.0.17 Remote Control on SmartSDR for iOS on iPhone 7
I have Version 2.0.17 installed on my FLEX-6500 and have the SmartSDR iOS app installed on my iPhone 7 with iOS v10.3.3 installed. What I...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Andrew Thall
SmartSDR 2.0 question
Will I be able to turn my 6300 on and off when operating remotely or will I need to leave it on the entire time I'm away from home?
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
RFI-Proof WiFi Router?
After tracking down the source of recurring spikes of interference all across the spectrum, I have determined that I need to replace my R...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ed, K0KC
fldigi Question
I have a Flex-6700 running SmartSDR 1.7.30 and am using fldigi 3.23.09. I have downloaded and copied the XML files dated January 2016 to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of rich
SSDR V 1.7 DAX Distortion (continues)
SSDR V1.7 appears not to have addressed the ongoing DAX Distortion Problem that has been reported on over the past year or so.  This prob...
  • 4 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Steve N4LQ
Low Power Output? 6300 or 6500
With  both my 6300 and 6500 they struggle to produce over 85 watts.  Using the same DC supply and watt meter my other rigs easily do 100 ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tim - W4TME
Updated Fldigi RigCAT files for SmartSDR CAT 1.6 are now available
Due to the changes to CAT for SmartSDR v1.6.17, the previous Slice A and Slice B RigCAT files are no longer applicable.  You should downl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ed, K0KC
Panadapter Signal During Transmit
Is the signal displayed by the panadapter during transmit in the Flex 6700 a sample of the signal that goes out over the air or is it a s...
  • 5 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Strange interference pattern on 40 Meters and below.
It is Saturday morning about 8:30 a.m. EDT. I have been having this very strange cyclical interference on 40 Meters. I tuned below 40 an ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill-W9OL
Ok, I'm embarrased again. what is the current version number of SmartSDR?
I thought I was at version 1.7 but after starting up from a cold reboot, Radio setup says 1.6.21.77sorry to bother you...I'm usually far ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered