Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 655
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer
PFSkimer - What is the possibility for a SmartSDR display that combines: - Panadapter - Waterfall - CW Skimmer It seems like it...
  • 54 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jim, KJ3P
TX Power Meter QRP Scale...
SSDR is so easy to use with low-power digital modes, wouldn’t it be great to have a 0-to-10 Watt scale for the RF Power meter for QRP u...
  • 6 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dale KB5VE
Voltage, temp and current
Will smart sdr show voltage and current and temp at sometime in the future. Also will we have the test features of power sdr ?
  • 7 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Rich McCabe
6300 Echo
I am going to assume this is RF and going to proceed based on that but thought I would throw it out there for those who own Flex Products...
  • 3 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tim - W4TME
SmartSDR OmniRig users - updated SmartSDR.ini now available
For FLEX-6000 owners who use OmniRig for CAT interfacing with third-party applications, there is an updated SmartSDR.ini file available f...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Manuel - W4SSB
SmartSDR 2.0 upgrade fee
If I buy a new 6300 now and SmartSDR V2.0 comes out during my warranty period will I have to pay for the upgrade?
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of WW1SS - Steve
fldigi
It seems that maybe the fldigi xml file on the archives site may be corrupt. Does anyone have a copy they can send me.
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Idea to improve the SWR and Power Scale readability.
Idea to improve the SWR and Power Scale readability. Maybe low priority but it seems like a simple change. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • 49 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Which Router...ASUS RT-N66U or P-LINK Archer C7 AC1750?
OK Computer Gurus... I am planning on upgrading my wireless router (Motorola NVG-510 provided by ATT Uverse) I want to stay below the $1...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Tutorial Video: Using Full Duplex Mode to Monitor Transmit Audio During Adjustment
This is my first Audio/Visual Tutorial on the Flex-6000 Series I hope it is helpful. If you like it, I will make more on other subjects. ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Larry - W8LLL
SPE AMPS USA
I read in another forum that SPE AMPS USA is no longer in business (not answering phones or taking orders) but there is an excellent alte...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
Squelch for All Modes?
With the advent of 1.4 and FM being added to the 6000 series, I assume that squelch will be offered.  My hope is that the squelch functio...
  • 17 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
atu performance
I'm not seeing the matching performance of the ATU in my 6700 that I would expect.  I'm trying to use a G5RV on all bands, which is possi...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
How to Build a Quiet Station
Here’s a link to PowerPoint “How to Build a Quiet Station V2.pptx” in my Dropbox for a talk I gave at the San Diego DX ca club in July. ...
  • 10 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Praise
Photo of DrTeeth
Persistence not persisting?
I recently did a factory reset and the display settings are not being saved. Some of the sliders in the display section have moved and th...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Robert AA6UP
SmartSDR v1.7.30 Band Edge Markers
I miss the band edge markers I had in PSDR. Are there any plans to implement this feature in SSDR? This is a minor problem but it would b...
  • 4 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DrTeeth
What is it with FRS and colours?
10/10 for changing the colurs on the CAT and DAX icons, but 1/10 for making them still very similar? It is as if the same person who chos...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Walt - KZ1F
Virtual Com / Serial ports - huh?
I almost added this as a comment on the thread about removing virtual ports but concluded their was tangential to that thread and, perhap...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Flex 6700, K3, KX3 IC-7800 CQ WWDX SSB Shoot Out
FLEX 6700 - K3 - KX3 - IC-7800 Shoot – Out  Report  - CQ WW DX SSB 2014 Nov 24-25, 2014   Background: Dennis N6KI and I ha...
  • 6 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Praise