Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 122
Photo of Robert Rawson
Flex 6xxx monitoring audio over remote
Hi I have a newly acquired 6300 and have it set up running WSJT-X in FT8 mode. All works okay but I cannot fathom out how to monitor audi...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Doug Hall
Flex-6000 with KPA-500 FYI
From time to time people ask about QSK and amplifiers on the Flex, and about suitable values for TX Delay in the radio setup. Tonight I h...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ed Johnson
Transverter Issues 2.4.9 Flex 6400
When I went from 2.4.8 to 2.4.9 I am now getting transverter problems on my 144 MHz transverter.  It seems that the Flex thinks the radio...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Don Stefanik
I have a 6300 and will be using a Drake L7 do I need the ARB-704 and what pnp cable is used?
Drake L-7 hooked up to a 6300. Do I need the ARB-704 and what cable do I get?
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Remote control web server for SmartLink
I have been operating remote for years using VPN and various Remote Desktop solutions Now tha SmartLink is almost a reality it's time...
  • 7 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT
PowerSDR and VMware Fusion
I am seriously thinking about picking up a used Flex 1500 to carry around with me on my very frequent business trips. My main work lapto...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of K5XH
DAX over SmartLink
I am confused. I have not used SmartLink yet but I would like to one day.Consider a scenario like this: My radio and my station computer ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jay Spaulding
Mox button Dont work
Smart SDR V2.0. I tried to use the MOX button a couple of times while not in remote cause I'm sitting at my desk right next to the Flex a...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Tony Hateley
I want to connect my mfj998 to my 6500 with a radio interface cable,could someone me witch connection I use on the rear of my radio.thanks
I want to connect my mfj998 to my 6500 with a radio interface cable,could someone tell me witch connection I use on the rear of my radio.
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Why I chose Power Genius XL & First Impressions
 I just replied to a question I received about my impressions of the PG XL.  Thought I’d share my thoughts with the group so below are ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of k9bm .
6400 Receive Antennas
Another new 6400 user dumb question:  When I bought this radio it claimed to have "2 independent receivers."  So I create 2 panadapters, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dan KG0AQ
Filter Skirt Issue 2.3.7.10 with WSJT-X
Running a 6400 with the new 2.3.7.10 software. In WSJT-X I am seeing distortion at the end of my filter skirts in the WSJT waterfall. I d...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K3WR - Jim
Out of Band TX Problem
My Flex 6400 prevents me from transmitting on 14.347 and a pop-up advises me of "PTT: RCA Inhibit: Out of Band". Despite using narrow ban...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve
Transverter Power
Power output changes with a 2 meter transverter when I change frequency??   I set the power slider to 100 and then on the transverter pag...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dave Gipson
Remote access via VPN
There are 4400+ conversations regarding VPN and remote access. I "think" I may be overlooking the obvious but here is my question: Setup...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve
PC Audio latency and noise
As anyone noticed any latency or some digital noise (clicks) when selecting PC audio to run Flex audio to PC speaker or PC headphones. I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of N4FP
Flex 6400 “Excess power detected on receiver” error message
I have encountered an unusual situation with my new Flex 6400 received last week.  Please bear with me, my explanation is a bit complic...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Jon - KF2E
WSJT-X configuration problem
I'm trying to get WSJT-X configured on my new 6600. I have version 2.1.33.106 of SSDR and version 1.8.0 r8193 of WSJT-X. When I try to co...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Mark - WS7M
Yet more 40m noise...
This is new... Wondering if anyone else sees anything like this:
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andrew O'Brien
tweaking latency in digital modes ?
I'm not sure if it is really a SmartSDR issue or not,  but using SmartSDR I am having a timing issue using VARA with Winlink Express.  Us...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question