Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 69
Photo of WB9IXS
How to save display settings in v2.3.9
I installed SmartSDR v2.3.9 last week and has most areas under control, except ... the display setting. The display FILL is too high for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill Roberts
Recorded Off-Air Audio Recordings Reported to Sound "Tinny"
While on the air last evening with two equally strong (5/9+20) stations, I made multiple off-air recordings of the others' transmitted au...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gastonet
SmartSDR v2.3.7 doesn't obey Max. Power Limit
Since updated to SmartSDR v2.3.7 my 6500 doesn't obey the Max Power limit. I had it on 20 watts but in operation allows me to go up to 10...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mark - NU6X
Help - Router - High Latency on WiFi Connection
I just upgraded to 1.6 and also got a new Surface Pro 4. I am trying "REMOTE"  for the first time. I am having a lot of dropouts due to m...
  • 1 me too
  • 18 replies
  • Question
Photo of Richard Adkins
Can audacity send audio to my flex for direct broadcast?
I want to set up Audacity to send my CQ call with the push of a button.  Is this possible? Me doing it the old-fashioned way over and ove...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Randy
FT8 not operating on all bands.
I have been using WSJTX's FT8 for the last week on my Flex 6500 running Smart SDR v2.0.19.98.  Had some initial issues with DAX so I relo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rob Blackie
Heil PR-781 wrong adapter
i  stupidly ordered the wrong  lead for my Heil PR-781  to work with my 6300 :(i ordered the kenwood one Heil CC-1-K8  i  should have got...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Fred GLENN
Noise floor pumping with strong signals elsewhere on the band
I just got my second 6500 on the air. I notice the 40m noise floor moving up and down 5-10db when strong signals are on the band (~S9+). ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of k3Tim
FMT Upcoming Frequency Measurement Test (Thursday)
The 2016 FTM is this Thursday, April 7th at 0215 UTC.   I am debating some strategies for it and will likely use FLDiGi but wonder if a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Alex - DH2ID
Tutorial: Setting up WSJT-X with SmartSDR
I have been using WSJT-X for quite a long time now and like it, because it is very stable, runs with the HRD server and JTAlertX, which l...
  • 8 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET
Two Meter Transverter with FLEX-6500 Questions
Good day, fellow hams! With respect to this thread's title of "Two Meter Transverter with FLEX-6500 Questions," I have searched for, foun...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ai6re
DAX Reserved Audio RX1 same name as DAX IQ
DAX Reserved Audio RX1 same name Used for Audio DAX IQ After Windows 10 update and FlexSDR 1.9.9 install I get now audio input to FLD...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Kevin K4VD, Elroy
My New Scrapbook
The 6500 never ceases to amaze me. This is Ed, K1RID/P in Maine running an Alinco at 15 watts into a home brew loop. I was able to get n...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of ai6re
SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 transmits on the wrong frequency if adjusted while transmitting.
When using SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 on my Flex 6500 in LSB or USB, if any adjustement is made to the transmit frequency, the transmitter will j...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of ai6re
Where is the Download for SmartSDR 1.8???
I see the Announcment for SmartSDR V1.8 but can't find a Download for the installer.
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Allday
What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input
What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input to a Heil Pro Set PR781? What specific adaptor do I ne...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ai6re
AVLC Automatic Volume Limit Control
Auto Volume Limit Control, AVLC to allow setting the max audio you want so if listening to a weak station a strong station does not come ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Why so problems reported about DAX error
I searched for DAX error and came up with 108 pages of post about DAX error. I would like to know if the driver has ever been updated sin...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jim  KJ7S
PTT Audio fail once in a while Still a Problem, and Praise 1.4
Bret, WX7Y, reported this problem a few months ago with 1.3.8 and it was thought that perhaps it had been fixed in 1.4. Over the last sev...
  • 16 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV
Automated Antenna Connection
I need to automate my antenna connections. I have a network centric relay board. I need to know the amperage of 500 - 600 watt RF signal....
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Idea