Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 53
Photo of Bob Wright, N7ZO
CESSB Questions
In David’s QEX CESSB article, he mentions several times of the value of baseband audio processing applied before his algorithm: “It ...
  • 1 me too
  • 20 replies
  • Question
Photo of Stu Phillips - K6TU
dogparkSDR - MAC OS/X client for FlexRadio 6000 series
For those who have not seen it, DogPark Software, the authors of MacLogger DX, MacLogger DX HD (iPad logger) and MacDoppler have relea...
  • 10 me toos
  • 50 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Greg - KØGDI
Paying extra for updates to multiple Flex radios.
I plan on owning two 6300's and either a 6500 or 6700, so a total of three units.  Will I have to pay $200 per radio or will there be som...
  • 3 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris DL5NAM
IC7300 first test datas
from a email of Rick DJ0IP: This is HOT off the press.Rob has been busy measuring the IC-7300 and IC-7851.He has both radios on the ben...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
First Impressions - Pixel Loop Diversity Reception
Stu K6TU recently reported on this Community the success he had in contests using a Pixel Loop with his Flex 6700 for diversity receptio...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Luke Reynolds
SmartSDR not starting everytime
I am new to flex and have had my 6300 for roughly a week. When I boot it up and get the green light. I start smartSDR and it see's the fl...
  • 1 me too
  • 47 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Drax
Apache Labs ANAN-200D a competitor?
How does this thing stack up to the Flex 6000 series?  A real competitor?  It uses the PowerSDR base though. https://apache-labs.com/al-...
  • 2 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dolan Morrison
Exact swr on 6300.
Is there any way i can find out the exact swr with the  internal ATU  on the 6300. Success or fail is that reports. thank you for any res...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of George Moranian
Dirty distorted transmit signal
After upgrading to v1.5 my carrier (tune) signal is very distorted and when transmitting audio i'm seeing audio on both side-bands on the...
  • 18 me toos
  • 54 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Brian - K6BPM
WSJT-X Transmit Problem
I see others have had this problem, but there is no definitive solution. I have a new Flex 6300 after upgrading from a Flex 3000. I do al...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of N7AIG
Love to see a comparison...
Just saw this Youtube comparing the older IC-7800 vs the new IC-7851, showing a dramatic improvement in weak signal blocking on CW.https:...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of VE3HR
FLex 3000 Crashes now that I dedicated a faster PC to it :(
I replaced a Dell HP6930P Laptop duo core intel 2.6ghz 4gig ram onboard ATI graphics. StarTech PCExpress1394 card 160g HDD- running w...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Stefano - W2WTZ
Your opinion on SW
Hi everyone, I' new here and I kindly ask your opinion as I just sold my FTDX-5000 in order to cross the bridge and use sdr technology. I...
  • 1 me too
  • 39 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill W2PKY
JT-65 decoding discrepancies
Every time a new version comes out I set up the old and new version to see if the new is an improvement in decoding. Since I have the 650...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Tony Hateley
Fed up waiting
Bought a yaesu,works rite out of the box,flex packed away until it can compete with the mainstream radios,give us a shout when you do.
  • 1 me too
  • 28 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
Better RX than average?
6000-Series users... Do you notice a significant difference between the signal reports you send and those you receive? I'm curious since...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Peter K1PGV
Suggestion/Note Regarding Flexlib Internal Sockets Code
(This is really a note to the FlexLib devs... I apologize in advance for the length of the post) I've been long anticipating a project t...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Charles
Looking for advice on equipment for first ham shack
I just got my license and am planning my first ham shack.  I would appreciate any advice ya'll can offer a newbie. After a lot of resear...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
Dayton 2015 Report - Unofficial
Still catching up with the world...as we flew back late yesterday and of course, XYL and I are now rushed out of our minds as we head o...
  • 24 me toos
  • 44 replies
  • Praise
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
CW Skimmer, Panadapters, and Flex
How on earth did we ever get along without these amazing tools? To all the developers, testers, and visionaries that have changed communi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Praise