Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 52
Photo of Dave KD5FX
n1mm setup with Ver 2.3.9?
I saw a link on here somewhere with details on how to setup for N1MM+ and the new Ver 2.3.9 software but I can't find the link now that I...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dave KD5FX
How do I get SSDR CAT to go to COM4 to use with N1MM Logger+?
Just had to re-install SSDR and CAT assigned a COM49 port which N1MM can't find. How do I get it back to Com 4 where it used to be? Thank...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
n1mm telnet not connecting to anything!
I have been using N1MM for years with no problem but recently I noticed that I wasn't getting any DX spots. I checked the telnet window a...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Reggie-k6xr
MFJ-4035MV supply. Anyone using-remarks?
Anyone using one of these power supplies? Can you comment on them if so?
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
Need recommendation for new WiFi Access Point
I've decided it's time to upgrade my home network and get a new WiFi Access Point/home router. My Flex 6300 and main ham radio PC will be...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dave KD5FX
flexradio PC screen background?
Got a new PC the other day and want to put the same screen background on it I was using on the old one. It was a Flexradio background lik...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
Anyone got a used 6300 antenna tuner for sale?
I'm looking for a tuner to add to my 6300. Would prefer the internal one that matches it but would be interested in an external one if th...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dave KD5FX
smartsdr for ios
If I upgrade SmartSDR for iOS to version 2.x must I also upgrade my radio to version 2.x? I'm still using version 1.10.16.91. 
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of N9VC
INTERFERENCE FROM A PHANTOM CARRIER
THERE IS A STRONG CARRIER SIGNAL THAT WILL DRIFT DOWN IN FREQUENCY THAT CAN BE HEARD OVER THE WHOLE SECTION IN THE UPPER PART OF THE 75...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Varistor
On V2 & Improved Dynamic Range for FLEX-6300
While FRS is keeping the details of how the dynamic range was increased, we can certainly take some clues from an oldie but goodie paper ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve - N5AC
ARRL FMT Tonight -- getting the most accurate frequency
Tonight is the ARRL Frequency Measuring Test (FMT) where you can test your skills, and the capabilities of your radio, measuring an on-ai...
  • 8 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark WS7M
Field Day Praise
I guess I made this a little long... Probably a few of you will TLDR this but it is praise for flex and how well it worked for my field d...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jerry Stern
Newbie - Getting my 6700 - Do I need a dedicated PC Soundcard?
Newbie - Getting my 6700 - Do I need a dedicated PC Soundcard?  I have a US Interface Navigator that was used with my ICOM xcvr.  Moving ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
no sound in the headphones
Very strange, turned on my 6300 this morning and I'm not getting any audio in the headphones. Good sound in the external speakers. The he...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
Are you using a Kenwood TL-922A amp?
I'm thinking about getting an HF amp. Found a good deal on a used Kenwood TL-922A in good working condition. Before I buy it I want to be...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave KD5FX
Upgraded to SmartSDR v1.10.16 and iOS v1.2 today
Upgraded to the new versions of SmartSDR for both the PC (Win 7) and the iPad today. NO problems. I had 3 old versions of SSDR on the PC ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of Dave KD5FX
How to VPN for iOS?
Has anyone posted a 'how to' on how to setup a VPN at home to use the iOS SmartSDR app away from home? I searched but didn't find anything.
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dave KD5FX
Bug in iOS SmartSDR? Set step to 500.
When using iOS SmartSDR when I set the step to 500 it will not tune with the tuning wheel. Set it back to 50 or 100 and it works just fin...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Dave KD5FX
What app are you using to log on iOS?
I've just started using the FANTASTIC SmartSDR for iOS (Thanks, Marcus!!!) so now I don't need to boot up the big energy hog PC that is m...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rob Fissel
RadioApp Update
From Marcus' website - we're so close to his new iOS application for the Flex Signature Series radios... UPDATEBeta Tests of the Golden ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Praise