Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 149
Photo of Michael Coslo
PW-1 and ALC
I have my Flex 6300 bandswitching with my PW-1 Amplifier using Ed W2PH's bandswitching box. But now I have a question about the ALC from ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Paul - K6HR
1500 Remote Power Cycle?
I want to use a 1500 in a remote location. I need to be able to power cycle the radio via a relay in case of a hang-up. I notice that sim...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Option to Automate the AGC-T setting
Background The AGC-T setting needs to be adjusted differently based on the band and current conditions that affect the noise floor.   We ...
  • 83 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of John - WA7UAR
Trival question: “key up” vs “key down” — has the meaning changed over time?
Has the meaning of the terms “key up” and “key down” changed over time for you? People on this forum (and others) seem to use the term “k...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of KC9NRN
Flex 6300 Shut down on its own??
I went on vacation this week and enjoyed listening to my 6300 via my laptop or iPad Pro but Thursday night I noticed the radio was no lon...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KF4HR
Will DDUtil be required to control PG-XL?
Is it safe to assume the Flex 6xxx/PG-XL combination will not require an aftermarket utility (such as DDUtil) to set and control the driv...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dennis Daniel KM6DF
Need Help to Interface a ALS 1306 and a Flex-6500
I had posted this earlier but non of the suggestions worked I have also posted on the DDUTIL site but also no luck. I have confirmed that...
  • 2 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
version 1.11 Radio chooser Tab does not close
After upgrading to version 1.11 the radio chooser tab will not close. Click on it and it is a black box. I have SSDR 1.11 running but the...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of G8ZPX
SteppIR and Ultrabeam from Flex 6/smartsdr v2
SteppIR and Ultrabeam from Flex 6/smartsdr v2 I have always driven my SteppIR via the interface on Logger32. Now I have v2 I thought ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Brenton Meadows
Flex6700 has decided to be 400hz off freq in the upwards direction.
Flex after v2 software upgrade has decided to recalibrate around 400hz up in tx freq..Ie rx 7.162.000 TX 7162.400....Was perfect prior to...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Skala
how do i get my friends flex'es all showing up for selection in my screen like it was demoed.
How do I control friends flex's with smartlink, like it was demoed in Dayton?  I can see mine
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Warnberg
Is it worth it? Any screen shots?
For those who have upgraded to v2.0 do you think it's worth it and why? What do you like? What don't you like.. do you have any screen ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lee - N2LEE
Congratulations to the 2017 Hall of Fame Inductee - Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
In all of the hoopla regarding SSDR 2.0 and new hardware, no one noticed that Gerald was inducted into the CQ Magazine Hall of Fame. CQ ...
  • 12 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO
Band Conditions, Gotta Love My Flex
And now for something positive. Band conditions. We hear nothing but bad news so how can that be positive? Well, I managed to DX a bit ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of N9VC
EMP protection using loop circuit.
Hi Tim, To make sure I understand it right. A preselector added in between the RXA input and RXA output will have EMP protection or do ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KC2QMA_John
Elad FDM-SW2 Software
I find it amazing how many features the Elad FDM-SW2 software has already and is just a few years old, although the hardware is not as ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Joe WD5Y
Are the flex USB bcd band selections adjustable as dutil allows?
I have a need to allow the 15 meter band amplifier's LPF selection to coincide with the 10 meter band. With ddutil this is possible by en...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lasse Moell
Softether VPN server-to-server
Spent the evening configuring my laptop to act as a bridge for the Maestro. Everything is working nicely after I realised I had to stop t...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of WA6FXT Mike
Can an Ethernet connection in the mic1 plug damage the Maestro?
My M-Mic1 port no longer works. I'm wondering if plugging in an active Ethernet cable into the M-Mic1 can damage the unit?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Madden
6700 transmission problem
6700 transmission problem. What is the best way to determine if I am getting proper power output from my antenna. I've tried a dummy load...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question