Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 309
Photo of David Decoons wo2x
Customize RX filters (right click & configure)
Hi All,I was talking to the guys from Flex this weekend at the ARRL Centennial convention the subject was brought up about future ability...
  • 39 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Al Reeves
Microphone Recommendation
I  recently purchased a Flex 6300 and I'm looking for recommendations from others as to the best microphone to use.  I have tried the Hei...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter K1PGV
Remote Antenna Disconnect?
Prior to the advent of SSDR for iOS, I've always run SSDR from my shack.  My routine has been to connect my antenna, turn on the Astron, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W8OQ
4K TCL TV as Monitor
A recent Google search for using a 4K TV as a monitor found a low-cost TV near the top of the ratings.  It is a TCL Model 43S405.  It is ...
  • 1 me too
  • 28 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K1DBO
Slice Master 6000 v0.9.0 beta release
Every new program needs an exciting name... how does Slice Master 6000 sound to you?  Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I was playing wi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Larry Benoit
Competitive comparison
Pending arrival of the new 6000 series transceivers, I performed a preliminary competitive comparison of the “K3S Contester and DXer” p...
  • 7 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Dan -- KC4GO
Filter Indicator (Feature Request)
Based on filter width setting in filter options can the line be changed to kind of show current settings? My imagined lines based o...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steve - N5AC
GLASS Update (FLEX-6700 on ISS)
In conjunction with CASIS, JAMSS America and Flexitech, LLC, two 6700s were launched to the ISS on 7/18/16.  The project was installed sh...
  • 8 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of George  N1GB
Looking for power supply recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a power supply for my (soon to be) Flex 6400.
  • 1 me too
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark - W3II
FRStack 1.6.9 for SmartSDR 1.6 and adds a Global Profile Launch Program feature
FRStack 1.6.9 Updates and Additions: Global Profile Launch Program feature This feature allows you to configure one or more programs to ...
  • 9 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of bahillen
I am trying to get my new 6600 working with WSJT-X RX works CAT does't
I am setting up wsjt-x with my new 6600. Not clear what to put in the box for network. latest SRD and SRD CAT software. I have put in the...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Option to Automate the AGC-T setting
Background The AGC-T setting needs to be adjusted differently based on the band and current conditions that affect the noise floor.   We ...
  • 83 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS
ATT Hot Spot and SmartLink Not Exchanging all Necessary Information
A hotspot is created on my phone with ATT as carrier; actually my carrier is Consumer Cellular using ATT. SmartLink on my MS Surface 3 Pr...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Wayne
Austin we have a problem ....
6400M .. This morning I went to 29.66 mhz to test FM mode. Ant 2 selected into 1500w dummy load. I will let the picture speak for itsel...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Michael Coslo
Any update on Tim?
Hey all, I was curious how Tim was doing - anyone know?
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John Kludt
The Importance of The Manuals
I was once accused of not being a "real ham" because I have always read the manuals for my equipment.  I started with Flex with a 1500 an...
  • 8 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Praise
Photo of YV5WZ
Best Equalization for PR40 & FlexRadio 6600 ??
I know its not easy, and each one has its own...... this is what I'm trying PR40 v1.0   1,-3,-7,-2,2,8,10,10 Mic gain 80 Adjust Vox Dela...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Pat Eastman
Best budget microphone ever?
Thoughts?
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Pat N6PAT
Stop bashing the Beta testers
Please stop bashing the beta testers for the problems you're experiencing. Unless you've been a beta tester you don't know what's involve...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise