Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 98
Photo of oldranger821 KB4OIF
microphones for 6400 M
I am looking for info about what microphones will work with the Flex 6400M.  I have heil HM-12, PR-10.  HM-pro handi mike.  Where can one...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Fan Noise on the 6600
My Flex-6600 arrived Friday. Saturday night some fan noise developed and has stayed. It is coming from the right side as you are looking ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Apple Router Configuration.
I am running a Apple Airport Extreme router here. In order for smart link to work consistently. I opened a TCP and UDP port. I also set a...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
6600 On the Air!
From unboxing to on-air, including updating firmware and adding a GPS module: Less than an hour. Maybe because I’ve been on a knob rig fo...
  • 7 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Tony Hateley
mfj magnetic loop
hi,I was thinking of getting a mfj magnetic loop to go with my 6500,as im restricted with what I can put up at my qth,was wondering if an...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
-dbm readout up all the time.
It would be very nice to be able to have this -dbm readout up all the time, or at least have the option to toggle it the way we did in PS...
  • 11 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
6600 Shipped
I ordered on 5/22 It shipped 2/12 It will be here 2/16 It will be a nice weekend. After I cut up the tree that came down  in the storm l...
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark - WS7M
6600 plug sizes?
Hi all, I broke down and ordered a 6600 which I know will be quite a few weeks out for delivery.  I think it was the two SCUs and the be...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Is the 6600 corruptible from power loss?
The idea is simple. I can remotely switch the power to my 12 volt supply. This will cause the radio to turn off. At the same time the Dow...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of K4ELO
6600M Invoice
Just got my 6600M invoice.  Ordered on 5/20/2017  Whoopee!
  • 1 me too
  • 21 replies
  • Praise
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
A feature I would like now.
A feature I would like to see and should be implemented sooner rather than later is diversity reception. Specifically, I would like to ...
  • 10 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Mark - WS7M
Who all is on FT8?
I'd like to add your call to my wanted callsign list in JT Alert if you use FT8 Feel free to email me:  ws7m@arrl.net or post here!  Th...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
VT@RI LoTW Conformation.
Can any of you fellow Flexers help me get a LoTW conformation for VT&RI on 160 meters? Any mode is good. I think FT8, JT65, JT9 or CW wou...
  • KM6CQ - Dan, 2 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Fred
6600M shipping date
When are they going to start shipping some radio's ???
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Pat
FT8 power level
Just wondering what power levels everyone is using for FT8. I keep it low but I'm not sure how low it should be. Also, I had to add a ma...
  • 1 me too
  • 30 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark - WS7M
WWV & VB
I thought I would share something really cool.  Living in Fort Collins has its advantages.  Yesterday a few local hams got a RARE chance ...
  • 7 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
Final Front Panel and Factory Images
Just got Gerald’s latest update with gorgeous pictures of the new 6400 and 6600 series radios rolling off the assembly line. Beautiful de...
  • 5 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Gary L. Robinson
Musings of an SDR addict ...
I knew I would miss my 6300 when I sent it in and set up a trade-in for a 6400 - but it really is boring around here without my 6300. I ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Praise
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Should I completely uninstall Smart SDR 1.11.12 ?
My Flex 6500 is gone.  While waiting for the 6600 to arrive, should I completely uninstall Smart SDR 1.11.12?  I am not concerned about r...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of WBB
Quick way to send call sign using cw while using ssb
while in ssb mode; it would be nice to hit a button to have flexradio transmit your call sign in cw for id
  • 4 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration