Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 111
Photo of KB4OIF
microphones for 6400 M
I am looking for info about what microphones will work with the Flex 6400M.  I have heil HM-12, PR-10.  HM-pro handi mike.  Where can one...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Is the 6600 corruptible from power loss?
The idea is simple. I can remotely switch the power to my 12 volt supply. This will cause the radio to turn off. At the same time the Dow...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of k0eoo
DAX 1809 problem? Need help...
I uninstalled V2.4.9, which was working just fine, then I install 1809 and did all the required restarts, reinstalled V2.4.9, restart.......
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mark WS7M
6600 Fan - Disappointed
Ok, so I sent my 6600 in for the PEN update.When it came back it rebooted continuously.  After looking inside I could hear the fan runnin...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
6600 Keeps Rebooting, Endless Cycle. Any Ideas?
Friday night my Flex-6600 started rebooting itself. About every 60 seconds to a couple of minutes. I thought it might be computer relate...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Very high internal noise in the 6600
Hello, I need some help with this. All the sudden the 6600 blinked a few times and now has a very high -65 dbm internal noise level o...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
QST Review Comparing the ANAN To Flex-6x00 Radio
My letter to the editor and writer of QST October 2015 edition. Hi Martin(AA6E), Regarding: QST October 2015 Edition Product: Apache La...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark - WS7M
Who all is on FT8?
I'd like to add your call to my wanted callsign list in JT Alert if you use FT8 Feel free to email me:  ws7m@arrl.net or post here!  Th...
  • 1 me too
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Wayne
The question is always asked why would anyone want an sdr with knobs.
I think the answer is plainly obvious to anyone and its proven time and time again! Its Microsoft Windows ... Im so happy I got the 6400M...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W2PP
Broken DAX channel
I'm using Slice Master.  DAX channel 3 was OK.  Then I inadvertently closed a program hooked to DAX 3 via Slice Master.  Now, no program ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
2017 Arrl DX contest SSB results
Today’s mail brought a certificate for First Place Indiana Single Op, Unlimited, low power in the ARRL DX Contest SSB. Unexpected her...
  • 6 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark - WS7M
New Flex 6600 online
UPS delivered to my work about noon. I left for home about 4pm.  I have a 30 minute drive.   The radio was online by 5:15. I was able t...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark - WS7M
How I love CWX!
I'm doing quite a bit more CW than I have ever done.  Part of this is an effort to regain code speed but also I just enjoy it.   I have ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
APRS Messenger TX Audio
Has anyone been successful using APRS Messenger? I can get RX audio from the Flex. I can not get TX audio from APRS Messenger to the Flex...
  • KM6CQ - Dan, 8 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wayne
profiles
Setup my flex 6400M today and am trying to understand profiles ... this seems very important and challenging. Is there a way to see a pr...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Remote Computer Configuration.
At the office, I only use SSDR on my computer to listen. I do not need DAX and CAT nor do I want them to come up on a reboot. I could un...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jim - WG0U
New 6600M and Electro-Voice RE320 output levels
Received my new 6600M last week and hooked up the hand mike with it came with and it worked just fine. Then tried hooking up the Electro-...
  • 2 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Fan Noise on the 6600
My Flex-6600 arrived Friday. Saturday night some fan noise developed and has stayed. It is coming from the right side as you are looking ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan
Apple Router Configuration.
I am running a Apple Airport Extreme router here. In order for smart link to work consistently. I opened a TCP and UDP port. I also set a...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
6600 On the Air!
From unboxing to on-air, including updating firmware and adding a GPS module: Less than an hour. Maybe because I’ve been on a knob rig fo...
  • 7 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Praise