Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 57
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 80 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Hunter - K3IE
Smartlink w/ ATT UVerse BGW210 Modem and IQRouter
Looking for someone who has successfully setup a Smartlink connection using this combination. I have a 6600 using SSDR v 2..4.9, IQRo...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of YV5WZ
SDR 2.4.9 ....your experience so far
Hello to all Dear Friends Long time without upload a post; not even much radio, my 6600 has been off during many weeks. Around a month...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of William Osborne
Slice-Master and Kaspersky software resource issues?
I have a 6600M I am using with a Dell 8930 i7 gen-8 machine. Running Kaspersky  with Slice-Master consumes 30-35% of this processor which...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Robert Lonn
More Sad News as Hams begin to retire!!!
http://www.radioworks.com/He made very good antennas!!
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Arvind Mallya
Winlink/Winmor RMS Express and Flex6600-Fails to connect
I have tried to install the latest RMS express on a Dell Desktop also running SmartSDR, I followed the steps provided by Tim of FlexRadio...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ron Hughes
New to the community- looking for SDR-1000 related info
Have FLEX SDR-1000, want to run using Windows 10. Is that possible? I know that the related categories below do not include the 1000, but...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
My thoughts on FT8
I have never been a blogger but I guess it is never too late in life to become one in the Internet age.  As most of you know, FT8 has exp...
  • 13 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Tom NA
where is the menu bar?
there is no menu bar across the top of the screen. Is the menu bar a hide/unhide option where I click somewhere to make it visable.
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mauro VE3TCV
Noise reduction improvements
I compared the Flex-6600 to my other radios, they are Yaesu FTDX-5000, FT-1000MP-MKV and an Icom IC-781.  The Flex 6600 beats the IC-781 ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Don
Speakers for 6400
Whats a good quality speaker or speakers for 6400?
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
S-Meter Accuracy of FLex and Others - Rob Sherwood
With all the recent (and not so recent) posts on the FlexS-meter and its calibration, you might find Rob’s take on the subject interestin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
S meter noise goes down with ANT preamp increase
I’m trying to understand why my 6700 S-meter noise readings go down from let’s say S3 with ANT preamp set to 0 dB and then reads S1 or S0...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald Capodieci
SCU REPLACEMENT by user? Will Flex ever consider this option?
SCU REPLACEMENT by user Will Flex ever consider developing user replaceable SCUs? . It would be so nice to ship one of the 6600's SCUs b...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of John Kenney
Windows Gremlins - Alternatives?
Since purchasing my Flex 6400 I have spent just about as much time chasing Windows-related gremlins than I have using the radio. I'm gett...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
Photo of paul
6600 power switch has flashes red
several  times power switch has  been flashing red  in receive and had to reconnect
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
Shack Share
Quick shout out to the Flex team. Here’s a photo of my “remote shack” - work office connected to the 6600 at home. Smooth, easy, conv...
  • 3 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jim Gilliam
Windows 10 1809
Before installing 1809, I completely removed SmartSDR per Tim's instructions and loaded in 2.49. Everything worked perfectly. This has be...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of KC2QMA_John
SmartSDR v2.4.9 Getting Better with each update!
Aside from the great new features such as:DAX is Supported When Using SmartLinkUSB Cables Adds new CAT CommandsDefaultMic Profiles added ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Windows 10 Fall Update
For those who rush in where angels fear to tread :) Windows 10 fall update version 1809 17767.1 is available. Of course, as always it is...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Idea