Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 53
Photo of Frank Ventura
Controlling an Ameritron 1306 amp with a Flex 6300
Hi all, I am using a Flex 6300 and am very pleased with it. I have an Ameritron 1306 amp which I can key from the TX out RCA jack on the ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rich McCabe
6300 Echo
I am going to assume this is RF and going to proceed based on that but thought I would throw it out there for those who own Flex Products...
  • 3 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick- K2RB
Flex 6600M Arrived on Long Island
6600M arrived today and on the air.  Great job by the Flex team and worth the wait.  Ordered on 5/19/2017.  Setup a snap and Smartlink wo...
  • 5 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of FRED  W9TB
Receive Antenna Ports
Do the 6000 series radio's have any better protection on the receive antenna ports than on the 5000A ? 
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF
One Monitor or Two?
I am configuring my station in anticipation of shortly receiving my 6600M.  I casually operate SSB, CW and the digital modes.  I plan to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Hello is anyone home?
I called FRS today to ask a question and there is no one to answer the phone. Has everyone there packed it in and left for more dryer, sa...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Delbert McCord
Replacement Fans For 6300
I own 2 Flex 6300's. I just had to send one in because it would not come on. It cost me 174$ to replace 2 fans. I have a friend that has ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Lee
Output Power
While working 20 meters this am I noticed that I was not putting any power out of the my flex 6300 even though the Red transmit light was...
  • 4 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia Internations DX Convention.
As luck and irony would have it I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia International DX Convention First congrats was from Steve Hick...
  • 4 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Praise
Photo of K0GGC
6300 microphone questions
I just received my new 6300 radio and I am discovering that I should have paid attention to the specs a little more. I was using a Kenwoo...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
My New "All Flex" HF station....
Here is a picture of my newly reorganized operation position. Flex-6500. Flex-1500, Lapai LP-808 Audio Amp, ALinco DM-330MV Power Suppl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Joe WD5Y
Option to disable the TX Relay output while in Tune mode as a setting.
As a safety precaution I thought it might be a good idea to be able to ensure that the amplifier did not key up while setting up the exte...
  • 4 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of ka7gzr
Flex Maestro Front Cover
I received my Maestro cover today from Flex. It covers the front of the Maestro. It is pressure fit with with small bumpers to protect th...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Brian Matthews
Display tab settings
What are the default settings for the display tab in the smart SDR window?
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Corey/ KC0YNS
Trying to download v1.9.7
Trying to download v1.9.7 on to my Win 7 machine several times, Keep getting "The setup files are corrupted error
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
Photo of YV5WZ
CAT 7 Double Shielded Patch Cable
Fixing my Quiet Noise Station, I'm looking for change my stock CAT cable (original from Flex) , I think is CAT 5....and upgrading  to CAT...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Simon Lewis
maestro battery charging time?
I've just aquired two Mogix batteries ahead of Maestro arriving - I might have missed it but was the charge rate from Maestro given?   if...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tony C kc2dis
What is a good preamp and mixer for heil pr 781 and questions about interconnections with the 6500
Just wondering. I just ordered the pr781 with the correct cabling for the 8 pin connector on the front of my flex 6500 (xlr to 8 pin with...
  • 1 me too
  • 18 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
Ham Nation Reviews the Icom 7300
As I watch the new Ham Nation. Bob Heil is loosing his mind over the new Icom 7300.  I can understand his excitement over getting a "game...
  • 1 me too
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of George K7GRJ
LAN connections problem with 6300
6300 and SmartSDR (latest) never connect on first start of the Radio. Setup:  6300 and SmartSDR PC are hard-wired to same access poin...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered