Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 343
Photo of Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Power Genius shipping?
Gerald posted this on May 3rd. Power Genius XL Customers, Today is a landmark day in the development of the Power Genius XL ampli...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Neal Pollack
pre-purchase: Reviews and comparison, 6600 vs. Icom 7610 ?
I am still trying to decide if I will purchase a Flex-6600 or an Icom-7610 in ~30 days.   Now that the 6400 and 6600 have been shipping a...
  • 1 me too
  • 28 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Burt Fisher
Flex 6400M some guidance, please
Upgrading, how many times? I did two upgrades but it seems to want to upgrade some more, but not ever to 2.133. After the upgrade it rece...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of NX6D Dave
M Series Radios start-up advice
There have been a few instances lately of M Series radios (6400M, 6600M) not starting up correctly.  These instances have sometimes left ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
Tutorial Video: Using Full Duplex Mode to Monitor Transmit Audio During Adjustment
This is my first Audio/Visual Tutorial on the Flex-6000 Series I hope it is helpful. If you like it, I will make more on other subjects. ...
  • 15 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Larry - W8LLL
SPE AMPS USA
I read in another forum that SPE AMPS USA is no longer in business (not answering phones or taking orders) but there is an excellent alte...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
noise burst on transmit
RE: original post:https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/noise_burst_at_beginning_of_transmissionI do not believe this was fixe...
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bjørn Ove Kristiansen
Status, SmartSDR 2.0?
A few years back, Flex Radio Systems released a roadmap for SmartSDR. It stated that version 2.0 would be released sometime in 2015. Wi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K6NOK- Bill
Which speaker for 6000 series do you use???
Just wondering what others recommend for a good amplified speaker to use with the 6300. Would rather not use those those cheapo stereo co...
  • 2 me toos
  • 40 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia Internations DX Convention.
As luck and irony would have it I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia International DX Convention First congrats was from Steve Hick...
  • 4 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Martin Ewing AA6E
Who is responsible for FreeDV Waveform?
I am having good success with FreeDV on my '6500.  You plug it in and it runs.  I understand it's unsupported software, but it would be u...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ken - NM9P
My New "All Flex" HF station....
Here is a picture of my newly reorganized operation position. Flex-6500. Flex-1500, Lapai LP-808 Audio Amp, ALinco DM-330MV Power Suppl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
QST Review Comparing the ANAN To Flex-6x00 Radio
My letter to the editor and writer of QST October 2015 edition. Hi Martin(AA6E), Regarding: QST October 2015 Edition Product: Apache La...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Denley W3XY
A small utility to read SmartSDR radio metering points with ethernet API
In my quest to figure out how to talk to my Flex 6000 radio with the Ethernet API I wrote a program that exposes the metering reported by...
  • 7 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
CW Sweepstakes this weekend
Good luck to the CW contesters in our community! Getting ready for a third Class A effort with my 6500. Missed a sweep by one each year. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Mark - WS7M
Radio not found
Well as I work my way towards a remotable station I keep running into potential issues and wonder how you remote pros are getting around ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of KY6LA - Howard
DAYTON/XENIA 2017 - Problems Solved - O.T. Humor
My friend Ben N6MUF.. a fellow International Hamfest Junkie wrote the following: Everyone was a bit upset by the news that the Dayt...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Peter Kirsop
Maestro advice please
I am considering purchasing a Maestro but would appreciate some advice on a couple of points before I decide.  I plan  to use the Maestro...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steven G1XOW
relax, don't do it...
The 2 recent threads on this forum (6500 power output, and the power button issue) have left a dark uncomfortable cloud over the forums ...
  • 23 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Rob Blackie
power button fell off 6300, Flex cutting corners
MY power button fell off  for no reason..I have seen this happen a lot on this forum, for a 2 grand radio (entry level model) they are  r...
  • 1 me too
  • 29 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress