Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 356
Photo of Mark WS7M
6600 Fan - Disappointed
Ok, so I sent my 6600 in for the PEN update.When it came back it rebooted continuously.  After looking inside I could hear the fan runnin...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Al Matthews
Hum on transmitted signal
I received my 6600 M today, and got right to familiarizing myself with it. I made a few quick contacts and I was told that there was hum...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andrew Thall
Great customer service
Tim Ellison, W4TME, Customer Experience Manager, gave me great service in helping me figure out what went wrong with my 6300 -- which is ...
  • 7 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of John - K3MA
Power Genius XL Amplifier Noise
Below I have copied with permission some information on the cooling of the RF-Kit 2K+ amplifier.  It uses a pair of LDmos finals and prod...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roger Cooke
Flashing red power switch
I have just received my new Flex 6600. Switched it on with a green flashing light on the power switch. This turned into a flashing red li...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Michael Walker
Introduction to the Maestro - Youtube video
This is for some of our newer operators. Mike va3mw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT632iL5L3E&feature=youtu.be
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andy - KU7T
Limiting to 100W more accurately?
Hi, My 6600M seems to be all over the place with output power. It depends on antenna, temperature, and else... My external W2 watt meter ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Burt Fisher
Power genius Waiting list
I attempted to enter my name to be on the waiting list, but when I entered it I got the following, what did I do wrong?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Amos Sobel
How do I get codec2 ?
I did install FreeDV with  my SmartSDR 2.3.9. I am told I need Codec2 but I could  not find its installation file. I did install SmartSDR...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Robert -- N5IKD
LED Lighting RFI
This is not a problem with the radio, but rather a problem with LED lighting. This video dramatically demonstrates the result on the wate...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
QST Review Comparing the ANAN To Flex-6x00 Radio
My letter to the editor and writer of QST October 2015 edition. Hi Martin(AA6E), Regarding: QST October 2015 Edition Product: Apache La...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ
Announcement - Replay of 7/15/2018, Sunday's Flex Net.
Replay of Sunday's Flex Net is available on my channel  - WA5QPZ -   or this link https://youtu.be/J5OdsLHA7ml    This was as what was ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Rex K0KP
Smart SDR v2.3.9\64 bit Barfs on Install
Upon attempted install Smart SDR v2.3.9\64 bit Windows 10 reports "error - source is corrupted" the install stalls when trying to install...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Power Genius shipping delayed again!
Thank you to all of our loyal FlexRadio customers (Flexers) who have been so patiently waiting for the Power Genius XL (PGXL) amplifier...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Burt Fisher
I tried Smartlink for the first time
I sat in front of a local supermarket with my laptop and connected to their WIFI, I was asked by Smartlink if I wanted to "Connect" or us...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
noise burst on transmit
RE: original post:https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/noise_burst_at_beginning_of_transmissionI do not believe this was fixe...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Power Genius shipping?
Gerald posted this on May 3rd. Power Genius XL Customers, Today is a landmark day in the development of the Power Genius XL ampli...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Neal Pollack, N6YFM
pre-purchase: Reviews and comparison, 6600 vs. Icom 7610 ?
I am still trying to decide if I will purchase a Flex-6600 or an Icom-7610 in ~30 days.   Now that the 6400 and 6600 have been shipping a...
  • 1 me too
  • 28 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Burt Fisher
Flex 6400M some guidance, please
Upgrading, how many times? I did two upgrades but it seems to want to upgrade some more, but not ever to 2.133. After the upgrade it rece...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered