Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 380
Photo of Jean Drolet
smart sdr version 3
New version 3 but no information for this version.http://cart.flexradio.com/SmartSDR-Version-3_p_1107.html
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 48 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gary Schulz
SmartSDR Purchase?
I am very sorry if this question sounds completely dumb and if it offends anyone, but I have been away from this hobby for an extended ti...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of BG6SNJ
Full power transmission will crash and restart itself
6600M at 40 meter band,when ATU bypass, if tune, SWR is 2.8.(My antenna tuner MFJ-998B is not working very well) Full power transmission ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Don
SWR READING ON 6400
Is there a calibration for the SWR meter on the 6400?
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Burt Fisher
6400M strange crash-Flex has made many great suggestions but the issue lingers on
See the video, someone in this world must have had the same problem?https://youtu.be/W1SP7PD6GQc Also unrelated what does this interfe...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Don - kx9q
Congratulations Ria
Congratulations on your election to Hudson Division Director. Don - kx9q
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Declan Craig
Potential new user seeks clarification
Hi, after years of using Icom am considering a complete change and moving to SDR with Flex. I'm just unclear on the idea of slice receive...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Don
Hum from astron power supply
I have an Astron 50 amp supply that i use with My 640, with nothing on the supply there is no hum, when 6400 is on have a slight hum and ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Zoom to Segment -- make it configurable
Background -- currently the 'zoom to segment" feature displays the entire frequency range for a given segment.  For example on 20M CW the...
  • 13 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Dennis ODell
Flex 6400M noise floor
My new 6400M has a -120dBm noise floor which equates to a constant S4 on the S meter with a terminated antenna input on 80M and 0dB gain....
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Marotti
Any update on resuming PGXL deliveries?
It's been about 2 months since they stopped shipping, so I was just wondering,  I ordered mine in March, and I know there are many others...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of AB9UU
6400 Keeps freezing on transmit
Using 2.49 on 6400.  Often when transmitting, radio freezes up. Will not show up on SDR or CAT program window but radio is still running ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
My thoughts on FT8
I have never been a blogger but I guess it is never too late in life to become one in the Internet age.  As most of you know, FT8 has exp...
  • 13 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Barry Young
Flex-6400 best way to do a Split
What is the best way to accomplish a split? Also I have a Maestro. Need to do splits on that as well. New to SDR... version 2.39
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
S-Meter Accuracy of FLex and Others - Rob Sherwood
With all the recent (and not so recent) posts on the FlexS-meter and its calibration, you might find Rob’s take on the subject interestin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Power Genius XL Design Decisions – 10/20/2018
Just read this PG XL update email explaining some hardware design details from Flex.  I found it quite interesting.  Looks like it is the...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Roger Cooke
Flashing red power switch
I have just received my new Flex 6600. Switched it on with a green flashing light on the power switch. This turned into a flashing red li...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Burt Fisher
Why does my S-meter on my 6400M show S-7 with a dummy load?
With a dummy load with no coax: 160 meters S6 80 meters S7 30 meters S3 20 meters S4 10 meters S2 6 meters S0
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of paul
6600 power switch has flashes red
several  times power switch has  been flashing red  in receive and had to reconnect
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question