Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 40
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
My thoughts on FT8
I have never been a blogger but I guess it is never too late in life to become one in the Internet age.  As most of you know, FT8 has exp...
  • 12 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Praise
Photo of James Madden
flex 6700 not transmitting with mic
after using my ipad with smartsdr for many months I actually visited my radio and tried to transmit. pressing the mic button showed a red...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tilman D Thulesius
SmartLink service needs to be more robust
I can see that there are a quite a number of posts and with that occasions when the SmartLink Service has been down for remote action.If ...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KF4HR
Flex 6700 and 2MLDPA Power Adjustment
I managed to get a 2MLDPA working with my Flex 6700 this evening.  Works great but the max 2M power output is only 50 watts and I'd like ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Larry Williamson
Upgrading to v2.xx------ Yes or No
Currently running the 6500 with version 1.11.12 I have be debating and whether to upgrade to v2.x for quite some time now but haven’t ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Question
Photo of Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Quality of Received Audio?
I am thinking of buying a Flex 6400 or 6600.  Since I can't find a demo site at a store, I wanted info from actual owners of either new m...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Zack Schindler
Add the latest manual to the SSDR Help dropdown menu?
Whenever there is a new SSDR software version would it be possible to have the latest manual included and added to the Help drop down men...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Bill - W7DOC
6400 vs 6500
Hello all, newbie here.  I am interested in the 6400 and have seen the specs on the Flex website.  I see that there was a previous model,...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Les Brown
Ending a remote session with a 6500 using the Maestro
I am operating my Flex 6500 remotely using the Maestro, which is connected to my LAN by an Ethernet cable. So far, the only way I have fi...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John VK3XM
Flex Insider communication
I signed up for Flex Insider at the beginning of the year.  To date I have not received one.  Its my understand at least one has been pub...
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KC7ES
SmartSDR CAT requires restart before programs "see" port
All software starts ok, radio operation nominal. No issues with OS-Win 7. Here's the problem: Using Fldigi; it is set-up to communicate u...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT
Flex-6500 2m Transverter and D-Star
I have a Flex-6500 and have just purchased a ThumbDV to allow me to use D-Star.  I only have a little Icom handheld for 2m/70cm so have d...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ria - N2RJ
Power genius XL on 2 meters?
From here: http://www.4o3a.com/index.php/2017/03... We are sponsoring the Bouvet Island DXpedition scheduled in early 2018. Bouvet ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Richard Adkins
Who wins? Complaints or Praises?
As a potential customer, I watch the threads closely to see how the users are feeling about their purchases. Unfortunately, I see lots of...
  • 2 me toos
  • 31 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Takeshi Yamada
SSDR1.10.8 RF Power Control
SSDR 1.10.8 works fine with me, especially new USB feature works fine with my SPE linear. One issue I noticed is;   RF Power slider or Ma...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of James Madden
Transmission problem
Transmission problem with cushcraft vertical R9 antenna. I have hooked up this antenna to my flex 6700 and have no response digitally or ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rob Blackie
xtvr max output ? setting help please
Hi, i got one og those russian 2m transverters and tying not to blow it up.( its 10 watt max input)  it seems to go upto 15 dbm in the s...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
pulsating fan noise in flex-6500
I have a pulsating fan noise in my 6500.  It is constant from the time I turn the radio on. I removed the cover and disconnected the larg...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Reggie
6500 Not Keying PTT on Elecraft KPA500 AMP
After hooking up my 6500 to the Elecraft KPA500 and KAT500, I am unable to get the 6500 to key the Amp.  I currently have the RCA TX1 f...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of KF4HR
Got my Maestro today - mixed blessing
What a day.  An 8 month wait and my Maestro finally shows up.  Up to now I've had many happy hours with my Flex-6700 running SSDR v1.5.1....
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged