Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 47
Photo of Mark - WS7M
Who all is on FT8?
I'd like to add your call to my wanted callsign list in JT Alert if you use FT8 Feel free to email me:  ws7m@arrl.net or post here!  Th...
  • 1 me too
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bob Brown - N8OB
GPSDO alternative
I have a Flex 6300 and participate in FMT (Frequency Measuring Tests).  The 6300 can't use the GPSDO from Flex so I looked for an alterna...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jerry Humphrey
digital programs do not decode psk 31
I see waterfall signals but get nothing on text receive screen, not even occasionally. I have set up the 6500  and 3 different digital pg...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Cal Spreitzer
GPS Disciplined Oscillator
I'm curious if anyone is using this type external GPSDO with their Flex 6000 series radios?   I've purchased one of these last fall on Eb...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Smart Link "Low BW Connect"
Smart Link "Low BW Connect"  I know what it is supposed to do, but clicking on it or "Connect" does nothing. Any ideas??
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Smart Link setup
Smart Link I have a 6300 with latest V2 software. When UI loginn it shows that Smart Link is registered but I can't see a connection f...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Info on Solid State amp with outputs for HF and 6M (Affordable)
Looking for info on a Solid State amp for HF and 6M with 2 connectors for antennas   (Affordable)   I t seems that most newer radios have...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve - N5AC
ARRL FMT Tonight -- getting the most accurate frequency
Tonight is the ARRL Frequency Measuring Test (FMT) where you can test your skills, and the capabilities of your radio, measuring an on-ai...
  • 8 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Zack Schindler
Why would one want a GPSDO in their rig?
I am going to order a 6600 very soon and noted the GPSDO option on the order page. Why would one want this option? I operate 160-6 and do...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mark Erbaugh
SSDR Version 1 bug fixes
It seems to me that the big feature of SSDR 2.0 is network support. That's not of interest to me as my home internet won't support remote...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Buzzing sound
 SmartSDR 1.10.16 software  I've experienced two crashes of my 6300. Along with the crash the radio also was emitting a tone from the spe...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Andrew Rose
My CAT lost its COM Port
My usual operating configuration of the Flex-6500 is via Maestro.  For digital modes I have a Lenovo Laptop which runs Slice A to either ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of WA4FOM
Update to 1.10.16 fails. Tried the instructions in the release notes and now my radio is a BRICK
I read the release notes before I tried to update the radio from 1.9.13 to 1.10.16 and saw the instructions about what to do "on rare occ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Latest Update 1.10.16
I downloaded the latest update (1.10.16)  and now the 6300 won't get recognized when I try to turn it on.  I shut off the 6300, unplugged...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Etienne - VE8EM
Flex 6300 Transverter input as receive only antenna
I have bought an untuned loop antenna (Wellbrook ALA1530LN Pro) that I wish to use however, being a receive only antenna and that transmi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick  WN2C
wwv calibration and plus or minus specs
After reading a previous thread about WWV and Tim's response on the calibration specs, I was wondering what the range of specification is...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
GPSDO GPS disciplined clock
I am in the process of purchasing a GPSDO to use with my Flex -6300 and would like to use a fairly easy connection.  At present, I use bo...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Problem with WWV frequency testing
While checking Auto Frequency check, I go to Band, WWV, go to 10Mhz, settings, Radio Setup, RX, then press start.  It goes thru the proce...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bill Roberts
Changes Noted in SSDR 1.19.9 and 1.9.13
I've noticed since release 1.9.9 that each time I start SSDR, I must readjust (move up or down) the DEXP slider to eliminate background n...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of KM4CQG
Frequency Offset, "offset (in ppb)
In the Radio Setup using 15Mhz I am now getting a reading of -684 ppb is this level acceptable? Ian
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered