Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 1285
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
S-Meter Accuracy of FLex and Others - Rob Sherwood
With all the recent (and not so recent) posts on the FlexS-meter and its calibration, you might find Rob’s take on the subject interestin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Praise
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Power Genius XL Design Decisions – 10/20/2018
Just read this PG XL update email explaining some hardware design details from Flex.  I found it quite interesting.  Looks like it is the...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of EA4AYW
SmartSDR v2.4.9 DAX and wsjt
Does not work rx and audio txAfter updating to 2.4.9, the dax has stopped working.The Vox has stopped working.It is not possible to work ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of K3WR - Jim
Quick Record - No Audio on Playback
Prior to the ver. 2.4.9 update, I used to transmit recorded audio over the air and hear the recording while keying the rig.  Nice feature...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB
WSJT-X v1.9.1 not receiving?
I just upgraded to this new version and it is not receiving, It was working on the last version.
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Fred GLENN
Smartlink no longer connects
I set up SmartLink on my new 6600 and all was working well. My brother (K2OC) tested it from 1900 miles away in Arizona and was able to l...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mark WS7M
Why so quiet?
It seems the Flex forum has been pretty quiet. Perhaps it is the low sunspot activity or maybe the fact that the flex radios for the mos...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
My thoughts on FT8
I have never been a blogger but I guess it is never too late in life to become one in the Internet age.  As most of you know, FT8 has exp...
  • 12 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ken ve7kwa
Flex 6300 been in storage.
Hi, I've just taken my 6300 out of two years storage, after a move. Really looking forward to using it again and to the SSDR 2.0 upgrade....
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 72 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Joe N3HEE
Internal noise on 160 meters - Flex 6600M
Anyone seeing this noise on 160 meters with dummy load or no antenna connected ?  It varies in level with RF Gain settings.  It also vari...
  • 1 me too
  • 25 replies
  • Question
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB
TNF as band edge.
I know some of you are using the TNF as band edge markers and setting them as remembered. Keep in mind if you select delete all TNF you d...
  • Bill -VA3WTB, 3 days ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Don
receive audio to bassy
My receive audio on my 6400 has to much bass what can i do to improve the listening?. I am using a Heil pro set 4 plugged directly into t...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Roger Cooke
Flashing red power switch
I have just received my new Flex 6600. Switched it on with a green flashing light on the power switch. This turned into a flashing red li...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Barry Young
Mic Headset options for Flex Radio 6400
Best Headset Mic Options for Flex Radio 6400. Just wondering what Headset Mic options are avaliable for the Flex 6400. Thanks
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of KB4OIF
what connections i.e. cables are needed to do digital modes on the 6400M.
I need to know what connections are needed to do digital on a 6400M.  i.e. cables.  Already have the 6400M attached to the router.  Is it...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald Capodieci
SCU REPLACEMENT by user? Will Flex ever consider this option?
SCU REPLACEMENT by user Will Flex ever consider developing user replaceable SCUs? . It would be so nice to ship one of the 6600's SCUs b...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of John Kenney
Windows Gremlins - Alternatives?
Since purchasing my Flex 6400 I have spent just about as much time chasing Windows-related gremlins than I have using the radio. I'm gett...
  • 2 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
Photo of Fred, AB1OC
Very Distorted Transmit SSB Signal on 6700
I am seeing a great deal of distortion of the Tx signal when operating SSB audio on my 6700. I'm attaching an image of my Tx waveform fro...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Burt Fisher
Why does my S-meter on my 6400M show S-7 with a dummy load?
With a dummy load with no coax: 160 meters S6 80 meters S7 30 meters S3 20 meters S4 10 meters S2 6 meters S0
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question