Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 944
Photo of Manuel Maseda
New Flex radios at Dayton this year
Anyone want to speculate on what new radio Flex will introduce this year? I’m betting on a replacement for the 6700.
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Steven G1XOW
Latest PowerSDR version by KE9NS
Guys,If you run the Flex 1500, 3000 or 5000 then take a serious look at what Darrin KE9NS has been doing. A few weeks ago I suggested a c...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Praise
Photo of john kossuth
can i use a 75amp. switching power supply on my 6300
75amp. switching power supply from www.RDpower.net
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of mrkane
Maestro control of TNFs implemented in SmartSDR v1.xx ??
Now that Maestro control of TNFs has been implemented in SmartSDR v2, will a new SSDR v1.xx version be released which also includes the f...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K8EA
Best powered speakers for high power with now RF?
I have a FlexRadio 5000A and run full power with my AL-1500 amp. I have been using Klipsch stero speakers, however I cannot run full powe...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 4 me toos
  • 47 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Gerald Capodieci
6400 Hardware reliability
How repairable is the 6400? Is it modular enough to allow field replacement of components? Can components be field diagnosed and replac...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul
Noise blanker setting not saved when changing mode
Hi, after a few years of research/fence sitting I finally bought a used 6500 (no 6600 due to the lack of RX loop, which I need). I am usi...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Adde Tjernberg
No waterfall or spectrum in SmartSDR
Ok... What do we have here.... I tought it was a port forwading issue but SmartLink tells me it's all OK...  When my computer is on the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Andy F5VAI
Gradual Loss of RX Signal
Flex 6300  SN: 1015-4175-6300-2622  SmartSDR V2.0.19 My rx signal slowly disappears and the only way I have found to get it back to norm...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ernest - W4EG
Flex-6700 when using FT8 shifts freq on transmit
I have 6 slices open: 4 on FT8 on 3.57, 7.04, 14.07, and 21.07: One on PSK 14.08 and one on 14.3 SSB. FT8 works fine on 14.07. H...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dennis ODell
Flex 6400M noise floor
My new 6400M has a -120dBm noise floor which equates to a constant S4 on the S meter with a terminated antenna input on 80M and 0dB gain....
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jerry Humphrey
digital programs do not decode psk 31
I see waterfall signals but get nothing on text receive screen, not even occasionally. I have set up the 6500  and 3 different digital pg...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Clay
6400m Spontaneously powers off and reboots & VFO A Spontaneously drifts down in frequency
Received new 6400M Monday March 12, 2018. Today it spontaneously shut down and rebooted. Displayed dialog box saying it was disconnecting...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Reggie
6600 Will Not Update Via Smartlink on Mac Mini
I installed SSDR software v2.1.33 on Windows 10 using a Mac Mini and Parallels.  I was able to login Smartlink; however, I get a messag...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Richard
PowerGenius Shipping Update
It has been basically a month since the Orlando Hamfest and over a year since I put down $1000 Cash on the PowerGenius XL Amplifier.  The...
  • 3 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of henrylance
Case fan noise
Just wondering ??  After 5 months of living with a Flex 6500 and Maestro,  I have gotten use to all the quirks that happen and the long l...
  • 1 me too
  • 25 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of K5ROX
Ethernet connection varies and disconnects, Flex please respond
I see other having same problem. I ran a 6300 for years and was always full Ethernet signal. Now have 6600 on same computer and signal va...
  • 4 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of A.J. AJ2I
Invoiced then told, waiting on manufacturing?
Reserved a Flex 6400 January 2018. Received Invoice 4/4, paid 4/5. When I asked for a status update, the answer was "we're waiting on the...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered