Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 272
Photo of John-KC2QMA
Show Us Your FlexRadio In Your Shack
I thought it might be fun to have us Flex users show a picture of their FlexRadio in their shack. Here is my 6600M in my shack. It's i...
  • 8 me toos
  • 80 replies
  • Praise
Photo of km8am
Flex 6700 running Smart SDR 2.4.9 on Win10 randomly opens a second slice receiver
Flex 6700 running Smart SDR 2.4.9 on Win10 randomly opens a second slice receiver. Not band or mode dependent. Seems to have started wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
S meter noise goes down with ANT preamp increase
I’m trying to understand why my 6700 S-meter noise readings go down from let’s say S3 with ANT preamp set to 0 dB and then reads S1 or S0...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gene - K3GC
Flex 6xxx Fan Replacement
There has been great concern about fan failure and replacement in the fgpa fan speed thread.  That thread has gotten almost impossibly lo...
  • 4 me toos
  • 34 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rick - W5FCX
Legal Limit Solid State Amp - SPE 2K-FA, KPA-1500 or ??
Looking at solid state legal limit amps with integrated tuner for use with 6700. The SPE 2K-FA and recently introduced Elecraft KPA-1500 ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Robert Guertin
multiple instances of wsjt-x
When I try to open a second instance of wsjt-x I get this fault. I'm really not sure of what it's trying to tell me other than it will no...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov
Preamp and TX artifacts question
I am testing my new Optibeam 6m antenna and went to troubleshooting mode as I could not understand what I see on panadapter. There are ma...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of kv5v
cw keyer weight adjustment
Is there a way to adjust the keyer dot-dash (weight) ratio?  As a CW op I appreciate the memories and easy speed adjustment, but I'd pref...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Neal - K3NC
Most Common Fix for DAX Driver errors in Windows Spring Update (1803) (You can do this!)
As we continue to see high ticket rates related to the Windows Spring Update (often referred to as 1803), we can better recommend actions...
  • 6 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Idea
Photo of James Skala
Distorted TX DAX audio
Radio Flex 6300 / SmartSDR 2.0.17 / OS Windows 10.  I have a remotehams remote that I provide to other hams.  Every couple days I have be...
  • 4 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Don - kx9q
Odd Behavior with 6700 and WSJT-X FT8
I was running the F6700 with v2.3.7 SSDR.  Several issues came up while I was trying to work KH1/KH7Z on 30m.  The first issue occurred w...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Robert Lonn
SmartSDR v2.3.7 Now Available, Thanks Flex
Like getting a New Radio!!
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF
Power Genius XL Configuration Question
I completed the setup and configuration of my new PG XL (connected to my Flex 6500M/Laptop SmartSDR 2.3.7) as described in the user manua...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of WA2SQQ
Meinberg Time Error
New PC, clean install of Win 10 Pro (1709 / 1803) Meinberg installed, time checked using time.is web site. On my other PC (Intel i5 NUC) ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Wayne Westfield
When will my new PowerGenius-XL \Ship? Track Yours Here!!
I thought I would start a thread where we can all track our order numbers and report back when one of us gets notification that theirs is...
  • 1 me too
  • 50 replies
  • Idea
Photo of KF4HR
Does Flex still have an Tech Support phone line?
Does Flex have a Tech Support phone line or are they exclusively using email Trouble Tickets now? 
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Neal - K3NC
Windows Spring Update (1803) Tips and Tricks
There have been several types of problems witnessed with the new release of Windows that has started to be distributed to customers as of...
  • 5 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Bob  KW4CQ
CW copy on narrow bandpass sounds too soft and mushy. Cure?
In the CW mode on my 6600M as you go down from 400 Hz to 50 Hz bandwidth the copy becomes softer and mushier sounding (like ringing?).  N...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Chen
Spectral Abnormality in FT8 Mode Transmission
I found my FT8 transmit abnormal this morning, please see the attached photo I try to close and restart JTDX, it no use. After restart ...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Doug K0DV
Operating power on FT8 only reaches 35 watts with power set at 100 watts
When operating FT8 with my 6700, when I turn the power up to 100 watts, on transmit the power meter says the radio's power is 35 watts an...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question