Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 198
Photo of Doug - W5WTX
630m / 2200m using FLEX
Is anyone on 630m or 2200m using a FLEX?  Just wondering what equipment folks are using for transmitters and pros and cons of using a tra...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Kent Hufford
DSTAR HF VOICE ISSUES
I am the NCS of the International DSTAR HF Testing Net that meets 5 times a week. I’ve been doing this for over 4 years. I have a ICOM ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Andrew Russell
Maestro as wireless router for DAX and CAT.
I have been trying different configurations of Maestro 6500 and digital mode client. For portable and mobile use. Internet may be poor, e...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Michael Walker
PA0RDT mini whips
Hi All Have any of you tried these active antennas by PA0RDT?  http://dl1dbc.net/SAQ/miniwhip.html We have a person here in Canada who ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of Scott N8UMW
Cant connect to radio through smart link
Smart link sees radio, but comes back to not connected screen. Smart link status logged in. Sees radio with blue dot. Tap to connect, and...
  • 3 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Rick  WN2C
Bad Link
Michael, the link you put up for...The importance of good CAT cables . -- AKA Cables do go bad is bad. It goes to a 'Page Not Found'
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of paul
MAESTRO hotel access
Cannot connect to 6300 from hotel, Maestro says I am connected to wifi but unable to   to enter hotel security code to connect to 6300 at...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Jim - N7CXI
"Certified Used" 6400M delivered today - ATU doesn't appear to be working
Received the 6400M today, unboxed and hooked up this evening. Everything seems to be fine so far except the ATU. Pressing the ATU (quick...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR
FLEX-6400/FLEX-6400M/FLEX-6600/FLEX-6600M now certified for CE
To our European customers, We are pleased to announce that we have successfully completed all requirements for CE certification for the ...
  • 9 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
DogPark SDR & Sound Siphon for Digital Modes
Attached is a guide for Mac users wishing to operate digital modes without resorting to an external sound device. It's not quite DAX, but...
  • 5 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Don - kx9q
WSJT-X, FLDIGI, F1500 and VAC Audio Issues
I have VAC v4.14 running with two cables set set up.  In PSDR I am using for VAC1 Driver WDM-KS with Virtual Cable 1 on input and Virtual...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
Photo of Mal G3PDH
Smartlink
I wonder if anyone else has had any issues with using a Maestro on Smartlink with 2.2.8 software.  After updating to 2.2.8 I have experie...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of W2PP
I need a way to do Dstar on my Flex 6700
So, I have the DEMI LDPA and the 70 as well as 23 cm xverters.  Now, I need Dstar.  Flex no longer offers for sale the thumbdrive.  Is th...
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador
ThumbDV and DStar status on V.2.0.19
Hi FRS, What is the status of the ThumbDV and DStar on version 2.0 of SmartSDR? I seem unable to use either. I just tried today and USB ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ria - N2RJ
For sale - Flex-6700
I'm selling my Flex-6700. I placed an ad on QTH.com, but also giving the community a heads up. Asking $6000. Offers welcome.  I'm not ge...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mario - DL3LSM
DAX and CAT applications now available for macOS
Hi there, since I’ve got my Flex-6300 last year I missed an equivalent for SmartCAT and SmartDAX on macOS. Using Dougs (K3TZR) xFlexAPI ...
  • 14 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Neal - K3NC
Windows Spring Update (1803) Tips and Tricks
There have been several types of problems witnessed with the new release of Windows that has started to be distributed to customers as of...
  • 5 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jerry Wilk
Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators
When you mention you are using a Flex radio most non Flex owning hams are supportive or neutral.  But a few hams get really angry like yo...
  • 1 me too
  • 42 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ken - NM9P
transverters-store.com 144-28 Transverter
Anyone have any experience using this transverter with a FLEX? http://transverters-store.com/144mhz.htm It is $100 shipped, but you nee...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of George  N1GB
Looking for power supply recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a power supply for my (soon to be) Flex 6400.
  • 1 me too
  • 32 replies
  • Question
  • Answered