Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Internal tuner available?

Hi all, I have a 6600, and kinda regret not getting the tuner version. Doing a search, I see it can be a user installed thing. But I don't see anything like that in the hardware for sale.

Is the Tuner still available as a separate purchase, and is it a good option?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Michael, the 6600 comes with a built in tuner. Did you mean that you have a 6400?

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

You should ask a dealer, we got ours as an option into the 6400 some time ago.

If your antennas all work good or if you hava linear that ist also good swr.. no need for the rattlesnake

Harry

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭

Hi Ha,

I just have a couple bands I want to touch up the VSWR on, like 10 and 17 MHz. I've been messing with an EFHW for a bit, and while it appears to be working FB, I find I miss the low VSWR on those two bands.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭

Oh good lord and a facepalm! Well, this is an embarrassment for certain.

Yes, I do have the 6600, and yes I just tried the ATU, and yes, it works very nicely. I'd been running under the assumption that the toner was an option in the 6600 as well.

To say I feel exceptionally **** is an understatement.

Regardless, thanks a million - I'm going to play with the tuner and learn about it now. 🙄

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Don't feel bad. I have plenty of first hand experience at doing things like that!

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.