Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT-8 Carrier - Baseline/floor Bunce?

Hello

Has anyone else seen this issue when sending a tune carrier (from wsjt-x/jtdx) and a FT-8 signal (see attached Video, scratch that can’t upload a video file??)? The baseline/floor (baseband?) jumps up and down erratically around the carrier. Resetting IE shutting off and turning the 6600 back on solves the issue for a while but then it will eventually return. This issue shows up with both WSJT-X and JTDX. Re-booting computer does not solve the issue, only when restarting the 6600. I have tried this on 2 computers one running Win 11 and the other running Win 10, same issue.

FYI this shows up on remote reciever also.

Radio V3.3.33 - SN 1120-1088-6600-4670 this was happening with prior versions of SSDR.

George N1NAZ

TOP-Screen shot of rased floor

BOTTOM - 2 seconds later screen shot normal floor.

I wish a could upload a video it would demonstrate this better, also on the water fall.

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

When was the last time you restarted your computer? I've had mine on for three days straight, and I've seen the audio **** a line straight across the waterfall fairly regularly. Just a few minutes ago It was horrible, the Jerking was so pronounced it showed a pronounced quick lowering of my output power and then right back up.

Normally I would think it Is/Was an arcing in an amplifier or a problem on the antenna or a loose coax somewhere... But this was a HUGE difference from this morning when I was on 160 and Switched wire antennas and started working stations at low power on 30m and it was the worst I've ever seen.

Closed up WSJT-x, My rotor controller (HRD) closed my logbook (HRD) closed rig control, (HRD) and rebooted the computer and now everything is clean.... This issue appears to be computer interrupt type of issue. I know some others are chasing this issue too... Nobody that I can remember has put the click, zorch, Jump or Bounce up in pictures... But mine this time was clicking every second or two...

Not doing it after reboot. Computer: Win 11 Pro, Latest Dell XPS-8950, i7-12700, 32 gigs ram, SSD... Flex 6500, SSDR 3.3.33, Johnson KW Matchbox, Window line, 68ft doublet at 45 ft... on 30m. But it doesn't care it will bounce, **** or whatever no matter which beam it is on. Radio was not rebooted.

Sincerely,

Erika Ostlund K0DD

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

When you see the horizontal line, it usually occurs when a TCP command is sent to the radio.

What third party software is running beside WSJT-X? Try with just SmartSDR and WSJT-X after a reboot.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.